36th Fixture: May 8, 2012, Liverpool FC v. Chelsea FC [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What game? :confused:

:D

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, yeah... but he'd been developing at OM for a few years. I think that's what BG's saying. Send the guy out somewhere so he can see the field every week.

I suppose the truth is we could send him out and he'd stagnate somewhere else OR we could keep him and he'd stagnate because he wasn't playing. There's a risk whatever we do but I wouldn't mind seeing the lad loaned out... maybe at a side that's just coming up into the prem?

3. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If Drogba doesn't finish his career at Chelsea, it'll give Sturridge and Lukaku a chance to come on as a substitute behind Torres. From the last couple of matches I've seen Sturridge play, I'd rather see Lukaku get the nod. Sure, he didn't take advantage of a point blank shot, but both Drogba and Torres have done their fair share of misses in the past.

Please, get rid of Malouda and Sturridge in the summer.

4. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    The outcome may not have mattered, but a couple thousand fans took the afternoon off and laid out a lot of money to go to Liverpool for this match, and presumably tens of thousands more planned their days around watching it on the television.

They are all owed an apology by RDM. What a pitiful display. Really embarrassing.

5. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't know if I could put this all on RDM. The defense was pitiful from the start, and Turnbull showed no confidence in goal. It was over after Ivanovic missed the header.

6. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One little thing I do still barely recall. As utterly cruddy as we played, Ivano hits the bar from 8 feet out, Torres hits the bar from about 10 feet out, Ram makes a goal, Lukaku misses at point-blank (that's 4 goals, folks), Turnbull passes the ball directly to their guy for their 4th goal...and the most futile and laughable moment belonged to a guy named Downing. Doink. :)

hudson hooligan repped this.
  7. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL you want RDM to say sorry?

First of all, the lineup he fielded was not a weak line up by any means, for the first half of the season Romeu & Sturidge were in our starting 11, and we had JT, Ivanovic, Nando, Ramires, who are all quality players.

Secondly, we made some uncharacteristic mistakes at the back that cost us two goals, and Ivanovic missed a sitter as well as Lukaku.

Third, if we won these next two games and had any of our starters injured we still are not guaranteed a top 4 finish, and it would be very very unlikely that we would have gotten it if we had won these two games.

Romeu had a terrible, terrible game.

8. iGod

iGod Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not too bothered by the result today. Let's be honest here, half of the team today are depth players at best. They can fill a role in a strong Chelsea team but aren't cohesive enough to contribute together. Half of them haven't even played regularly over the past few months and the ones who have are, quite frankly, awful (Malouda, Ferreira, Essien, etc).

It kills me to say it because he was my favorite player at Chelsea, but Essien looks finished as a top level player. :( Injuries have destroyed his explosiveness and ability to run out games.

Lukaku was a positive when he came on, I thought. Apart from the header he should have put away he played well. He was strong on the ball and moved pretty well out there. A solid run of games, whether by loan or as a sub next year could see him develop into a future Chelsea front man in the mould of Drogba.

Torres got absolutely no service from our "midfield" today. He almost buried the only chance he got and it was a tough one. I can't fault him for today.

Ramires was solid, once again. He's a star.

The defence was terrible. The less said about it the better.

Torres, Ramires and Lukaku are the only ones who get pass marks for today.

kmk108 repped this.
  9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    So glad my coworker revealed the score. Now wont' have to waste my evening watching the game.

Yaroni repped this.
  10. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    i'm dissapointed is chelsea.. the game may not have meant a thing.... but the display was rubbish.. throwing away games like this is stupid.. poor planning from the coach and if he stays he better not do this sort of thing.. this is terrible mentality.... the players didnt even care

11. SwissBlue

SwissBlue Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Fribourg
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Very disappointed in the game and the scoreline. Have never seen JT play so badly in a blue shirt. In another way I'm glad the cracks in our squad were there for all to see, lest anyone forget the work that needs doing over the summer.

RDM - Hmmm. Have to say my initial enthusiasm for the man is waning. It was pretty clear early on that we were having a nightmare but aside from warming up some subs he did nothing to change it. His post-match interview was more of his can't-answer-a-straight-question technique. Boring and irritating.:(

12. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Lol so true

But in all seriousness, anyone else think in previous seasons we had a b that was able to take on any team, I mean it we still had JT, ivanovic, ramires an Torres on, and even though studge hasnt started for a awhile under rdm he's was still a starter this season

Point is we have lost our squad depth and it really hurt our PL campaign this season, city kinda replaced us as the team with the star bench and that's why theyre winning the leage IMO.

13. bluwun863

bluwun863 New Member

Sep 15, 2010

at :38, sturridge should have crossed that ball in to torres, he could have gotten lucky and headed it in seeing as his form is back, or at least it would have been our first shot