365 Article: AEG's Second Bonehead Mistake of the Year

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by cristoforo7, Dec 21, 2005.

1. specialfuzzman

specialfuzzman New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    hehe

Don Garbage?

2. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I heard from a player that AEG is thinking of buying the Houston Chronicle. If that is true, and AEG already has other (music?) businesses there, plus gets a concert venue, and has the Quakes, then it has a business presence where the different parts help support one another, and the whole is more than the sum of the parts. (although the soccer team is he most expendable part, after a stadium is built...)

3. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    sack of sung, sack of dung, sack of dung...

4. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    just look at our current admin, but I digress, sack o' dung, sack o' dung, sack o' dung

5. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    Beautiful.

HATE EM'!

6. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Too bad the posters on SSV's update thread aren't following along with this one.

Help me out here...wasn't it AEG's interest in divesting the team so that they didn't own as many teams?

I am continuing to sense that this has been such a sack of guano to cover AEG's main interests of acquisition of entertainment facilties, and one less on soccer.

7. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't want to own teams, they want to run concert venues.

They fool MLS by saying they want L.A. and New York, but if they could give up the Scum (but keep running HDC) and the MetroStars to get another concert venue in New York, it would be done in an instant...

8. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    Yes, AEG is all about having venues to control. They could not care less about the sport. I came across this on a rumors blog. Granted, it's only a rumor but I would not be surprised in the least if it were true. Scroll down a bit.

http://logansrevenge.blogspot.com/