32nd Fixture - April 11, 2009 - Chelsea FC v. Bolton Wanderers [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Apr 10, 2009.

1. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Bunch of ********s.:mad:

3. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bolton almost tie it. Cleared off the line!!!!

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude, that is football. It could happen just as you describe even if we would have won it 4-0 today rather than 4-3.

5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    comical defending

I hope those of you who trolled the Liverpool forum are now thinking of this...

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you kidding, I'm thinking of trolling the Liverpool boards now more than ever just to feel better about this...!!!

:p

7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    track back take the ball and/or defend keep shape and disrupt, retain possesion by always being in the spot to relieve pressure and passing to keep possession change sides and angles of attack, keeping defenders and midfielders on their heels, deflecting in a goal etc etc etc etc etc and so on

8. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No that is complacency and loss of focus in the key moments. It has been a major problem for the past 3 seasons. Spurs last season, Wigan last season. Today we almost conceded 4 in the second half and in the last minute had a shot cleared of the line. This all after LEADING 4-0. Like Mourinho said 4-3 isn't a football score it's a hockey score. Poor defending like that and players like Torres can get a hattrick.

9. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    im going out for a pint,soak it all in and start laughing at how it finished up the way it did.

i'd go mad otherwise......

10. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The whole left side is stronger with Lampard, because he A.Cole and Malouda have a great understanding. Beside he and Mikel link up very well and play each other out of trouble and help retain possession. Deco comes on and we lose almost all defensive aspects that Lampard provides.

11. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm feeling relieved and absolutely disgusted at the same exact time. I'm hoping that we find out that Cech, Carvs, and JT were up till 4am partying or something.

Cech couldn't deal with a set piece to save his family's life. Pathetic.

We should've won that 6-0, but no, the entire team decides to go into neutral. Wow I'm mad at the result, even if it is 3 points in the bag.

12. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :D That's my team - win, lose we don't care so long as you walk away loathing

13. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ballack's best game by far this season.

14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    good added points;)

15. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lampard or no Lampard, he isn't our backline nor our keeper, all of which were awful in the second half (Cech was terrible the whole game).

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looking at the goals again...they were clearly caused by brain-farts from Cech. Trust me, I am all about blaming Deco (more than the lack of Lamps) but it is impossible not to expect the other side not to make it across to our side of the field. It is then, however, that we need the 4 defenders and our keeper to not loose the plot.

Complacency is part of football. As I said, the result here should not effect the Tuesday match.

17. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    Should I feel happy or miserable? I am feeling miserable.

18. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    though chelsea couldn't keep its shape in the 2nd half, bolton had some luck in their goals as well. 1st one was offside, and the others were just surprisingly accurate. they hit 3 times, scored 3:rolleyes:. all high ball, maybe it's a weak point in chelsea defend.

19. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Totally disagree. Ballack was the best player in the first half even without the goal. That was just icing on the cake for me. Also, throughout the game he made the most meaningful passes. Man of the match by far.

Also, this isn't me being a fanboy, I'm just giving credit where credit is due. It seems alot of people here are just criticizing him for the sake that he's had an awful season thus far. However, judging by the past two games, he's back to good form.

20. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well all I can say is better that his happened today instead of on Tuesday. However how we conceded 3 in 9 minutes is a bit perturbing. Really doesn't well with me. Mind you, conceding 3 is bad enough, but I would have been a bit more settled had it been in less time period. If Pool get on a role. Riccy wasn't all to good today and JT will be out. Alex will come back in. The defense will be weaker, but the midfield and attack will be a bit stronger.

21. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    No matter what you say, you are being a fanboy. Ballack sucks. Period.

(I'm joking.)

22. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The second and third were Terry's fault (not entirely) so he could use the break I suppose.

23. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pretty much Bolton's standard tactic high balls and fight for them in the opponents box. Works against almost everyone but the Mancs.

24. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm still in shock!

I can't believe we were actually awarded a penalty!

25. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says something about his season, then.