30-09-2007 milan-catania [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

versus

[​IMG]

milan looks to get its campaign back on track after the gut-wrenching loss against palermo. hopefully, with the san siro home crowd backing, the determination of the squad can shine through, and we can get back to the winning ways and put ourselves on the right path going forward to next week's clash at celtic for the cl group phase. the boys have played well over the last couple of weeks an deserved 6 points, but have gotten 1 instead, and that is due to poor finishing. let's hope the strikers get off the mark this match.

2. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its a must win... yeah that loss was bad but i think its better for us in the long term.. guess we will put that theory to test this weekend...

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't want to predict anymore anything, but if we don't win on Sunday, it's over for Scudetto. My nerves can't take it anymore. I WANT GILA TO SCORE ALREADY. ONCE!

4. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    do u think our players will be rested for the cl? i feel like management will play reserves so starters can be rdy for cl...i do not want this of course but i think were gonna play reserves..im sure gourcuff gila brocchi n emerson will play...while our starters will rest...this is gonna be a lame weekend..were not gonna try our hardest so we can rest for cl game n we will tie/ lose...i hate to b so pessimistic but i just feel like its gonna happen...where is our fight n desire...we control games but we dont have that killer instinct..we need sum fire in our souls!

5. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    IMO, this might be the match for Gila as there will be no better opportunity than at home, after a loss to redeem himself with couple of goals.

6. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    milan use this policy a lot and to be honest it baffles me at this stage of the season.

i can understand it the longer and deeper into the season we go and the matches pile up, especially for the bigger teams.

but is it too much to ask for professional footballers to be able to play 2 matches in one week when it's the early part of the season and fitness and stamina should be at peak levels?

7. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah, i'm with you on this one we should be able to cope, but I'm not sure how Ancelotti sees it. I mean that if we win the first four group games we're through, and therefore can concentrate on the league(don't laugh Milan fans:p), when other teams who are in more difficult groups might rest players in the league for crunch CL games later on. BTW which striker would you rest? yup it's a choice of one out of two, and that's what's f****d us so far this season.:mad:

8. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    problem with that is milan are falling behind in the league. obviously not all of this is down to the rotation policy adopted before champions league matches but it does have a bearing on it.

i understand how important the champions league is to milan but surely the bread and butter of the domestic league is too important to be rotating players in serie a matches so soon into the season.

injuries are a worry but a lot of injuries occur on the training pitch as well. i can't see non contact training happening for 3 or 4 days before a CL game just to reduce the possibility of a training ground related injury.

in short i still think that at this stage of the season a footballer can play 2 matches per week without any trouble. the only positive i can get from rotation at this time in the season is to give squad players the chance of trying to keep some sort of match fitness level incase they're called upon, rather than putting them in cold.

9. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think the whole resting thing is not even a problem.. even when we didnt have pirlo and kaka play before the cl game a couple of weeks ago, we dominated the entire game... just that we did not put away our damn chances...

our only problem is that the cant seem to put the ball in the damn net often enough... sure we havent had a clean sheet after the genoa game, but that is a secondary problem... i dont think anyone would have been crying about not having a clean sheet if we had put away say like 3 of the 400 million chances we have had every damn game...

10. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Our other problem is that we need a competent goalkeeper.
    Dida and Kalac are not the answers.

11. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    As a Catania fan, I'm pretty worried about the outcome of this match.

Not because I don't believe in Catania, but because we get to face Milan at the worst possible time. After three consecutive draws and a tie, I'm only envisioning a Milan firing on all cylinders, desperate to attain a crushing victory.

If we could attain a nice draw, I'd be satisfied.

Of course, a victory would be a dream....displacing Milan...hehe. But I'm not sure if it will happen...considering that we're not that lucky.

12. Anna Italia

Anna Italia New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    USA
  13. Anna Italia

Anna Italia New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    USA
    Hello Catania fan!

Another DRAW will be disastruous for MILAN. I hope AC Milan win convincingly. A draw for Catania will be liking winning the match.

14. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Here's the list of the players called up for the home match against Catania:
    GOALKEEPERS: Kalac, Fiori, Offredi (n.30)
    DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Oddo, Nesta
    MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf
    STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi

15. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    dida's out with a shoulder strain and will miss the midweek champions league match as well.

how did kalak play against palermo?

16. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Words wouldn't do him justice.

17. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    a little better than zoff in his prime

kalac is a brick wall, you guys are screwed, take close note of 1:20-1:35 for evidence of this.

[youtube]OnZ8RiTHn1Y[/youtube]

18. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    wow :eek:

wouldn't it have been better to loan him (kalak) out rather than storari?

19. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Well, I'm not a Milan fan - so what do I care if it's disastrous for them? :D

20. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    even better would have been abbiati. he is probably our best keeper right now that we own, but he is in a different country. :cool:

21. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Don't get us started on the transfer policy....:eek::rolleyes::mad:

22. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i have no clue why we dont play abbiati... although he does have a few of dida's attributes... as in, he is occasionally prone to ridiculous blunders..

23. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The starting line-ups are
    MILAN: Kalac; Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Inzaghi.
    CATANIA: Polito; Sardo, Stovini, Terlizzi, Vargas; Izco, Edusei, Biagianti; Martinez, Mascara; Spinesi.

Guess Janks and Oddo are being rested for Celtic.

24. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i thought that ambrosini was carrying an injury..?

25. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    must have recovered from it.