30,000 tickets have already been distrbuted for Galaxy @ New York Match!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, May 22, 2008.

1. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Individual four-ticket packages for the New York Red Bulls' match against David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Carlos Ruiz and the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday, July 19 at 6:30 PM ET (TV: Fox Soccer Channel, Radio: WADO 1280) are on sale starting this Friday, May 23

Approximately 30,000 tickets have already been distributed for the Red Bulls-Galaxy match. Last year, the Red Bulls-Galaxy match at Giants Stadium on Aug. 18 - a 5-4 New York win - drew a club-record 66,237 fans.

Link:http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3645200

Will the NYRB FO market the crap out of this game and break last years attendance record of 66,237?:confused:

2. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Edson Buddle Superstar

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    "distributed"

4. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Fo Freeeee!! ;)

5. deltox

deltox Member

Oct 24, 2006
    so these are the people that wont come to regular games but will want to go see becks?

nice fanbase

6. bianconeri10

bianconeri10 Member

Apr 4, 2007
    i was thinking the same thing.. turn these beckham fans into redbull fans.. unless there all little school girls.. i hate becks

7. EdG567

EdG567 Member

May 10, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that amazing game last year apparentely didn't do much for NYRB's fanbase this year. Who knows what/if any impact this game will have...

8. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    For Free or not, I guess that the NYRB FO just wants Giants stadium to look full everytime the Galaxy or better yet, when Beckham comes to town.

9. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Nah, the way it's phrased, "tickets go on sale Monday, but 30k seats are already gone" it looks like a presale.

We do that in DC, too, where the season ticketholders get first crack, and can basically invite all their friends. For instance, I have 6 season tickets, and will also be inviting 16 extras for the LA game. (Price is not as good as my season seats, but it's better than the single seat price.)

Then they do the "Beckham packs." And then finally, at the end, the single game seats.

You get an idea how quickly they can add up.

10. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's exactly what the Revs did last year except they never offered the single game seats.

11. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? I mean, I'm not a Galaxy fan or anything, but he's class all around. Just a really hard guy to hate. And coming from a fellow Juve fan, I'm used to liking the guys that everyone seems to hate.

12. TheRustyEunuch

Oct 16, 2007
    Medellín
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake

I agree with you man. I am not a Galaxy fan either and don't care if they suck ass but how can anyone hate Becks? He is a class guy. He can't help that fruit cake New Yorkers will flock to see him but not RBNY.

13. FCBrooklyn

FCBrooklyn New Member

May 22, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    If the NYRB actually played IN New York state more people would go to the games. I read somewhere that the NY Mets baseball organization is looking to purchase/run an actual NY based team in the MLS around 2012. Can anyone verify this?

14. TheRustyEunuch

Oct 16, 2007
    Medellín
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    That's a cheap excuse. Every other "New York" sports team that plays on the other side of the river draws from NY just fine. If they truly cared about going to MLS games they could make the commute.

15. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    The NY Cosmos would agree.

16. NFL=MLS:rolleyes: That being said, you are correct if people wanted to go they would go. I used to live there, people go all the time for soccer events there that they deem to be worth the trip. MLS has major image problems in that area with the media and soccer community. Hopefully Red Bull Park can change some of that for them.

17. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    You'll want to go here:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1273

and/or here:
    http://boroughboysnyc.com/

Short version is that there have been some published reports, but it's been quiet/slow going in the meantime.

18. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    The deal with NY is, there's not much in-between. New Yorkers will put up with the hassle for a must-see event, but they won't for something that doesn't have sex appeal.

http://www.sover.net/~spectrum/nasl/nasl-standings.html
    The 1974 Cosmos finished dead last in the league in attendance.

When the Red Bulls open up their new stadium, you can expect the other shoe to drop on the whole Beckham deal. I fully expect them to sign a star, to launch an ad blitz, and to bring the fans in. They'll have the venue, they have the ownership that's willing to do that sort of thing, I consider it just a matter of time.

19. Agreed. That was my take on the situation as well.

20. Huwiler's Odoreaters

Apr 10, 2007
    Soon as I saw "tickets... distributed," "Galaxy @ NY," and "L.A. SOCCER NATION," I knew that within a page we would be knee-deep in bullshit.

21. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    :confused:!WTF!:confused: How can it be bullshit, if all I did was copy and paste from an article which I have included the link?:confused:

22. Negro Y Rojo

Negro Y Rojo Member

Apr 29, 2008

Because most of your posts outside your Big Soccer, LA Galaxy cubby hole are Galaxy Self Serving Bullshit.

Why not just hit up that douchebag Lalas for a job?

23. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats the same thing GOALSeattle does. All his posts are self serving for the Sounders but you don't rip on him.

24. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Its not my fault your Front Office and city dont give a crap about your last place "Negro y Rojo" team.

Its funny how you are talking smack but you are supporting this thread by posting on it.:rolleyes:

P.S. You have officially been enrolled in the LASN fan club:D

25. jokeefe80

jokeefe80 Red Card

Oct 31, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks captain obvious