3. Liga [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Hobo, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    They'll at least beat Werder/Stuttgart/Bayern II's historical attendances - I'd expect something in the area of 1000 something.

2. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It was a random draw after all, and it's not as if the RL North is much better. Now that Kiel are gone, it doesn't look to different. Lots of reserve sides and a lot of amateur teams. Havelse have already lost their best players, and the only clubs that could possibly play higher, Oldenburg and Meppen, don't have the money to be more than semi-pro.

3. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Dont bet on that. If you look at historic attendances the last 10 years. Elversberg usually the only real club with always lower average gates than the Buli reserve teams.

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    If they sell out against Saarbrücken and keep their average from this season for the other games, they are guaranteed an average of 900/game already. And in the third tier Regionalliga their average was between 700 and 1500 too. And either way, 1000 people in Elversberg or 2000 in Sandhausen and Haching isn't really much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

5. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt

Kassel might have been better for attendance but it is nice to see Saarland represented more in the upper tiers of the pyramid. Maurice Deville is a player with a lot of potential. Also, the club I support, Eintracht Frankfurt has an old rivalry with Kassel.

6. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which division will MSV Duisburg be playing in? They are obviously not part of the just released 2.Bundesliga schedule.

7. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of right now, 3. Liga from what I know......

8. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ah, so I accidentally posted this in the correct thread. :)

9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    So far Duisburg aim for the third division. However, it has already been stated that, if they don't get a 3. Liga license, they would not play Regionalliga for financial reasons. Then it would be Oberliga.

10. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

That is so odd....... somehow.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Der Traditionsverein MSV Duisburg kann nach eigenen Angaben den Neustart in der 3.Liga planen.

«Alle Gläubiger und Schuldner der MSV Duisburg GmbH & Co. KGaA haben einen Teilverzicht ihrer Forderungen zugunsten des MSV angekündigt», teilte der Club mit. Damit hoffen die Meidericher auf die Lizenzerteilung durch den Deutschen Fußball-Bund (DFB). Eine Entscheidung soll spätestens am 5. Juli gefällt werden.

Looks like MSV's participation in the 3. Liga hasn't been fully approved, but should be by July 5th.

I hope someone will correct me if I did not get this right.

Hobo repped this.
  12. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Well, Darmstadt 98 came out of it with a black eye. And now they're talking about renovating the stadium. They want to rebuild the stands on the historical Böllenfalltor-Stadion site, without running track with a capacity of around 18,000 (15,000 is the minimum requirement for 2. Liga licenses, not that that will be happening anytime soon). I think this will make most Darmstadt fans happy. The mayor and the club managers have stated that they will be extra careful with the finances, learning from the experiences made by certain other clubs.

http://www.fr-online.de/lilien-sv-d...-und-rosige-aussichten,10813562,23312464.html

I think the prospects for the club are indeed good. All the things that put the club in this predicament have been remedied. Looking forward to next season with some interesting new clubs in 3. Liga. BTW, I think RB Leipzig enriches the German football scene. Leipzig definitely deserves a professional, if not a 1. Liga club, the East German states in general do and it looks like everything Leipzig is doing is geared towards sustainability. I was a fan of the Hoffenheim project, too, until Hopp started making all the decisions on his own, proving that the frequently touted German "50+1" rule isn't worth the paper it's written on. It's quite possible to have a Bundesliga club as your own personal toy, nothing special here.

13. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Leipzig is a much, much, MUCH more blatant example than Hoffenheim for this.

14. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of which...

The 2013-14 schedule was released earlier this week, and the official season-opener for the league will be RB Leipzig at Hallescher FC in 3 weeks (July 19). o_O I'm not sure if this is truly due to chance or the league just pulling the thorn out quickly to get it over with.

I predict that the Halle ultras (as well as the Lok fans who are of the same mind and quite friendly with HFC) will make sure that this game gets a lot of national press...for all the wrong reasons. They have proven to be quite good at that on several occasions.

Whatever the case, I'll see it in person...with heavy-duty umbrella. It should be a good atmosphere until the Halle fans start ripping up the seats to throw at the visitor section...

footyfan1 and Schoppe23 repped this.
  15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good luck to you and the Polizei!!! ;)

Schoppe23 and Lupin III repped this.
  16. Squex

Squex Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Are all the teams in 3 liga professionals? or can they play as semiprofessionals?

17. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Professional

18. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    But technically they can play as amateurs right? I mean as I understands it isnt 3. Liga technically not a proleague?

19. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    The 3. Liga is officially a pro league. Clubs are required to have a paid staff and at least 12 non-amateur players. Amateurs can play for 3. Liga teams, but outside of reserve and youth players who get first team minutes, it wouldn't make much sense for clubs to actually field non-professionals.

20. Buddydog

Buddydog Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    DUISBURG – HEIDENHEIM
    10 days ago Duisburg didn’t know whether they will play this season in the 3rd or 5th league. Altogether they have only 18 players on disposal and five of those never played a professional game in their career. They had less than two weeks to prepare for new season which is certainly not enough.
    On the other hand Heidenheim is one of the favorites in this league.Their squad is strengthened and motivated, and extra motivation comes from their rival’s (Leipzig) victory over Halle because they don’t want to stay behind on the very start of the league. Simply poor condition and lower quality of Duisburg’s player wont be enough here for them to take a point.
    Bet: Heidenheim Wins
    Tip: 2
    Odds: @1.90

Best of luck everyone ;)

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    More than 18000 at Duisburg - Heidenheim, that is very nice and should help Duisburg in their tricky situation. The match did not run too well. Heidenheim won 1-0 and Duisburgs Wolze saw red (89.).

footyfan1 repped this.
  22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, I'm sure these questions have been previously covered, but I really don't have the time to search through previous postings.

My questions are:

How many players over twenty-three years of age can the U-23 teams of 1. Liga clubs have on their teams in the 3. Liga?

and....

How many of those over-23 players can play at one time?

Thanks!!

23. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I remember seeing 4 or 5 players on the field at once. Three rings a bell to, so I guess I am not being to helpful.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's more than I know man. Thanks for taking a shot at it!

25. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    There's no limit

Three at a time. You could get up to six in a game through subbing out the three over-age starters for 3 other overage players.

footyfan1 and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.