3/12: POSTGAME Thread - CCC Houston @ Municipal [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by dynamofan, Mar 13, 2008.

1. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    OK - let's use this thread to get all of the "tape delayed" people back with the "live" people :D

Fantastic result for Houston, much better start than last year. They get the draw, they only get one yellow card (Barrett), and they did all of that at altitude against a good team playing very shorthanded.

As the announcers commented, since Municipal was playing very offensively, Houston's attackers had to play a lot of defense. Also, it was obvious that the guys were running out of gas in the second half, but they hung in there and worked well together to hold Municipal off. I thought Waibel was a beast - he was everywhere on defense, and he also created quite a bit of offense. Mulrooney played well, and I thought Wondo did well. He was the most dangerous forward, maybe because Municipal was keying on Ching, but Wondo was able to create some chances and also combined well with DeRo and others. DeRo was on and off, he made a lot of bad passes, a couple of them led to good counterattacks for Municipal. Clark played well, and although they gave up some good chances, Boswell and Robinson seemed to work pretty well together out there.

Overall, a nice result and a nice start to the real season!

2. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post Game - CCC Dynamo at Municipal (3/12) [R]

Just wanted to say, Waibel is a BEAST! That kick over the cross bar was Vet thinking all the way.

I am happy with a tie.

3. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Re: 3/12: POSTGAME Thread - CCC Houston @ Municipal

Hey now, there are 2 postgame threads! What am I supposed to do?!

4. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Dynamo vs Municipal (Rojos) Postgame (R)3/12 the real McCoy thread.

Please express your fine thoughts about the Dynamo 0-0 tie against Los Rojos in Guatemala.
    I'm all for trolls and trash talk. but the Mods most likely will come down on us, so do it at your own risk.

p.s.

I would like to say that if you could not repeat your fine thoughts in all three postgame threads, it would be great. I also would ask our Mods to red card Art and Dynamofan for triple thread posting. they should've known better and I'm just a newbie.

Thank you

5. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mine talks about Waibel what do you think?

6. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston

Mine was created first!

When the mods get back one of them can combine them....

7. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    Re: Dynamo vs Municipal (Rojos) Postgame (R)

hahaha - now we have THREE postgame threads......where's a mod when you need them?

8. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Yeah, seriously. It feels like BS is falling to pieces.. who knew. 3 postgame threads, and again I'm awful at anything related to decision-making. Bandido did put an R in his though.. that hasta count for something right?

9. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We will see what Waibel has to say about this.

10. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston

Yeah, I thought calling it a POSTGAME thread makes it pretty obvious that there's an [R].......let's see how many more threads we can create while the mods are away!

11. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The (R) in the title did it for me - this is my thread of choice. :p

Flights from Guatemala City landing at 10:17 a.m., 4:22 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. tomorrow and Friday. The first one on both those days leaves pretty early, but I'll only catch the boys at IAH if they're on that one; the others are too late for me.

Be there if you can.

12. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston

Art - you and I both agree that Waibel was a beast tonight. That may have been the best game I've seen him play.

13. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Haha I know I know, I wouldn't have put it either. Mainly cuz I wouldn't have thought about it. But regardless, I was simply looking for something that would make it easier for me to decide which thread to post in, other than the previously mentioned Waibel sighting in the Art thread.

14. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas

A tie is better than a loss.
    Municipal should have buried 2 goals.
    Boswell didn't embarrass himself.
    eRob was eRob and in charge.
    Rico's blast was awesome and off by a few inches.
    Cap'n Barrett was abused all night long.
    Waibel was Man of the Match. He was everywhere. Up top on the attack, midfield, back on defense, switching fields to get the ball.
    Ching & DeRo.....not so much.
    We definitely need to get Mullan (garbage time sub), Holden, Davis back in the game.

Looking forward to the match at the Rob.

15. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

I actually liked Art's better because it starts with the best part of the game. the Waibel international incident. Your's was cool too Dynamofan and you announced that you were doing one also. we just weren't listening.......sorry.

16. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston

By the way, what's the deal with Caraccio and intentional handballs? I read that he did it in San Antonio, and he did it again tonight. He's going to have to get rid of that tendency. Otherwise, it was hard to tell anything about him tonight, but at least he was able to get in, which means all of his paperwork issues must be resolved.

And, surprise of all surprises, I thought that the ref did a pretty decent job. Good to see him not falling for any of the early diving by Municipal, and it seemed like the foul calls were pretty balanced.

17. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Agreed with everything said about Waibel, he played flat out awesome tonight. ERob and Boswell looked much less shaky in the back than in that dreadful match against Gamba. Great to see ERob really control himself and make sure his teammates did the same so that nobody picked up a stupid card. Barrett didn't have his greatest game but I still love the guy, and he got played tough. Chingy and DeRo were scouted well and not allowed to really do much with the ball. Wondo didn't play bad either, unlucky not to finish on the header. Really hope we can at least see Davis or Mullan start the next game, if not both of them. Who knows, maybe Stu and Pat will be back too..

18. fernandolopez626

fernandolopez626 New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles

Municipal is a overall better team but they were missing they're key player
    Marvin "titi man" Avila he was in the Guatemala u-23 V.S Haiti which he scored the winning goal

19. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Yeah, I have to agree for the most part. There were a few places of inconsistency when fouls were called for one team but not for the other. But overall he was really pretty decent compared to what we've seen in the past. Not sure about Wade's yellow though.. a little light if you ask me compared to some of the other tackles..

20. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX

Ugly but effective.

We got the result we wanted and could have scored a couple, but so could have our opponents, so a tie was more than fair IMHO.

Wade was getting overrun on the right and not by great combination play or anything like that. That was a bit worrying. Robinson and Boswell both played well. Waibel had some errant passes early but settled in well. Mulrooney played well as did Clark. DeRo like DeRo had some very creative and dangerous moments and then some moments where he disappeared a bit. Ashe had a very poor game IMHO.

I think they took Ching out of the game and Wondo could have scored one and possibly two. Ultimately, both forwards didn't play particuarly great offensively but worked their tails off defensively. I don't know that we get a tie without them.

Onstad was rock solid as always.

All in all, a good day. When at home and we go through. Our lack of depth with Mullan not 100%, Davis injured, and HOlden and Ianni gone hurts us substantially. But they are missing their U-23's also. Hopefully they will advance in the Olympic tourny so that they don't get any of their players back.

21. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Yeah, and we were missing the 2 best outside midfielders in the league (Davis and Mullan - garbage time in the second half doesn't count), as well as one of the best young midfielders in the league (Holden). I don't think you could really say that either team were better overall from that game, and the result certainly favors Houston.

22. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX

Good result.
    We were somewhat lucky not to have conceded a goal.
    I think the ball will be played much more in the air at Robertson, which will favor us in the return leg match.

Men of the match tonight:
    Onstadt, Boswell, Ashe (really busted his ass tonight covering almost the whole park!), Robinson, Mulrooney, Rico, and WAIBEL!

So So
    Barrett was getting really picked on but he didn't back down.
    DeRo hustled but couldn't get that one good open look.
    Ching good at holding the ball but didn't seem dangerous becasue he was covered up most of the time - which left alot of space for Wondolowski (who seems to have lead feet like Ching).
    Mullan helped when he got in.

Not so Good
    Wondolowski - made a few good moves to get a step behind the defense but quickly overtaken (is he really that slow?). Lost possession needlessly quite a bit / didn't hold well. Missed several of the best chances anyone had for the Dynamo.
    Caraccio didn't help much when he came in.

I know the midfield didn't help out in the attack enough tonight but I still think we have a problem at the forward position.

23. Dyn-MO

Dyn-MO Red Card

Nov 18, 2007
    Soccerville
    Re: Dynamo vs Municipal (Rojos) Postgame (R)3/12 the real McCoy thread.

Boy are we lucky that we got that draw?

24. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    Re: Post Game - CCC Dynamo at Municipal (3/12)

we really should have Corey coming off the bench once we get everyone back. That's more of his game-using his speed when everyone else is tired.

25. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Dynamo vs Municipal (Rojos) Postgame (R)3/12 the real McCoy thread.

Well, last year you guys were unlikely to get a loss in the first leg to Puntaneras (should have been a tie) so it evens out.