2nd vancouver team in usl div 1

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by adega1980, Apr 18, 2006.

1. adega1980

adega1980 New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    east vancouver
    a chinese team playing its home games at swandard or thunderbird stadium in competition with the whitecaps would actually do quite well in vancouver 4000 a game seems reasonable,down the road a small stadium could be built in richmond.out of a population of over half million 4000 a game is reasonable.sponsors would not be a problem.

any thoughts?

2. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Chinese team?

Trying to bring the large Asian population in Vancouver out to Swangard?

Hmmm..don't think it would work.

3. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are you the Chinese owner bringing over the Chinese team? :confused:

4. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    If the team were playing out of Richmond it wouldn't be a Vancouver team. The Vancouver Explorers of the PCSL were a Chinese owned team that played out of Swangard that catered to the Chinese population. Even had the PA announcements in both English and Chinese. Wasn't a success as they are no longer around.

5. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Good Post Hilter:

Although I think if the Grizzilies had drafted Yao Ming and not a stream of stooges, stumble-bums and former overweight weathermen they might have stuck around the Explorers was the name I was looking for.

Its a thought but the Chinese in Vancouver are too Canadian to be fooled/impressed with an all-Chinese team.

6. Michael CM1

Michael CM1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia: US
    I'll use the same point I used before Chivas joined MLS: have they not looked at the multiple untapped markets in this country? Like, um, a USL team in San Jose? I have never figured out why some owners want to try to cannibalize another sports team instead of be the big dog in another good market.