2nd. Phase 2010 World Cup Ticketing

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by VAMOS MEXICO, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowerleague

lowerleague Member

May 29, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Afternoon all,

Is anyone using a mac now unable to see the ticketing application process.

The application page no longer loads for me, this may be down to the lastest apple update.

2. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shows up fine for me and I'm on a Mac.

3. lowerleague

lowerleague Member

May 29, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is that using Safari as trying on Safari on my iPhone does not work either.

4. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    AH -- yep, Safari is giving problems over here as well.

5. Bailz

Bailz Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Hey again guys, I have only just thought about getting tickets and just been on the site. I could not see anymore England TST tickets and i take it these are sold out?

6. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

No m8 I think there are still a couple of thousand left ;-)

7. Bailz

Bailz Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Really? I couldnt see any England ones though?

8. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Sorry m8, I was joking. They were the first to go.

9. Bailz

Bailz Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Ah right, Gutted. I have applied for a certain game lets just hope its an England one :D

How long will it take before i know if my application has been accepted?

10. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's been 3 weeks since I applied and no updates yet. I applied online. I did get the acknowledgement email.

What's the longest for anyone here to have heard back from Ticket Center from application date to the news date (accepted/denied)?

Should I call them and ask, or just keep waiting?

11. globalexplorer

Mar 27, 2006
    I am in the same boat and was wondering the same.

12. Slimluca

Slimluca New Member

May 23, 2009
    My status has been on "pending to pay" for over 3 weeks now.... And fifa has still not taken money from my card.... I wonder if im actually going to those tickets:(

13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

I think I have the record for this ;-) I applied on the opening day on the opening hour. I received an email on the 7th of May saying I would hear within 10 days. After the 10 days I received another email saying I would hear within 10 days. I am still waiting ;-)
    I have emailed them several times. I think I got 1 or 2 replies, none of which helped. I was told a couple opf weeks ago I would hear within 7 days. Still nothing. I have phoned the number nearly every day and its always "pending" or waiting for verification. I check the site every day and I see this "This order cannot be amended at this time as it is being processed, please check back later."
    I applied for 4 CAT 3 TST 7 for a small team. What have you applied for?

14. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

What have you applied for?

15. yowsoccer

yowsoccer New Member

May 6, 2009
    Yep - doesn't work with Safari anymore but does using Firefox. Wonder why its taking so long this time?

16. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So you are still waiting for status?

hearts123, I applied for the TST-7

17. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

When I log in and check I see this.

"This order cannot be amended at this time as it is being processed, please check back later." It has been like this since the 5th of May. ;-)

18. Slimluca

Slimluca New Member

May 23, 2009
    Another week gone.....no e-mail reply.....no status update.....NOTHING:mad:

19. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    No availability update either - it's still the same as I posted on the 2nd.

20. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    Well, I finally heard back after my 3rd e-mail, so I am a little more satisfied, albeit my status is still pending to pay. Maybe a response is coming soon for you all....

Dear Mr xxxx

Firstly, I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As I am sure you appreciate, we are dealing with a very high volume of enquiries at the moment. Regardless of this, I completely understand your frustration and I am very sorry you have had to wait so long for a response to a clearly pressing issue. We recognise that this is not acceptable. We have recently taken on more people to deal with the high number of enquiries.

With regard to your application, all bank transfer payments have to go through a reconciliation process, which takes time. As soon as your payment has been reconciled your FIFA.com account will be updated accordingly.

If you have not already forwarded a copy of your bank transfer details to us then it would be useful to do so.

Again, I am very sorry for the delayed response and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, and distress, this has caused.

Yours sincerely
    2010FWCTC

21. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Tim, when you posted on June 2nd that a few Cape Town matches had randomly showed up again, I applied for 2 CAT-2 tickets for match 23. Found out today that I was successful.

Appears they may be releasing tickets for previously "sold out" matches as the phase goes on. Thanks man.

22. Dwbakke

Dwbakke Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    I was successful as well for a Cape Town match, match 2, thanks to Tim's post on June 2. Good thing I checked this thread that morning.

23. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I decided on a sudden urge to look for tickets. Had no idea that the TST system even existed and, being English and an England fan, was not really surprised to see they're all gone.

But I'm starting saving NOW for Brazil 2014!

24. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Blokes, that's great, glad to have helped. I wonder where they suddenly found a load of Category 2s for Cape Town from then?

mshankb, it's not over yet. Anything can happen in the later ticket phases, you never know.

25. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Presumably as it is Cape Town's first game they are ones that people accidently ordered because of the fallibilty of their system as discussed earlier.