2nd Game: Brazil VS. Mexico (r)

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Danck989

Danck989 Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Canada
    Re: Game 2: Brazil VS. Mexico [R]

If.. if .. if...

if they allowed the onside..:rolleyes:

If Doni didnt suck..

If If Ochoa didnt have a good game..

Come on now.. you're being ridiculous...here's two if's for you that would have made the game 4-0 if Castillo would have passed to Morales...If Castillo would have put in the last chance.

Ifs do not exist in football.. accept that your team lost.. tho they're the best NT in the world... they're not invincible. suck it up princess.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think some of the Brazilian fans have a point. It is not the same to miss Ronaldinho and Kaka as to miss Pardo and Borgetti.

But having said that, these are the players that Dunga wanted, they are very good players, and it has to be acknowledged that Mexico played them smart and beat them. To point out that so and so was missing is irrelevant. Some players chose not to play, others were not picked by the man who was entrusted to form the best team for Brazil.

I still think this Brazil is good enough to contend for the title. I hope to see Argentina matched up against Brazil, it will be one hell of a game.

But give props to Mexico for this win, they played well. The kid Castillo scored a beautiful goal, worthy of a Brazilian or and Argentine player.

Now lets see if Mexico can keep it up when it gets to the important stages.

3. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY

for many countries winning against Brazil is like winning the world cup, so Brazilian fans don't waste your time arguing with immature people..

4. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I hope with all hopes Mexico gets to play Argentina in the final you have no colochini no Maxi rodriquez we know how to take care of Riqulme the only real threat would be Tevez and even he can be controlled. But back on to the subject How are people here being immature?

5. Mstr. Baitor

Mstr. Baitor Member

Dec 14, 2005

You my friend are going to have to live with the sad truth us Mexico fans live with the Nads. We're YOUR boogey man.
    We've beaten your A team in the Confed Cup, we've got Brasil's number. Like it or not. Doesnt mean were a better team, because we're not, just meant u guys have a hard team beating us.
    Our two most important International trophies have come off of Brazil the 99 confed Cup Final, and the Sub 17 championship, both came out of thorough beatings we gave your team.

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Now the only teams that give us a real hard time are Colombia, Paraguay, and Argentina

7. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Hey wassup guys. If anyone was wondering what's Mexico's recent record against Brazil or wondering about the recent ''Dominance'' Mexico has had over Brazil...here it is.

1999- Confederations Cup Mexico 4-3 Brazil

2001- Friendly Mexico 3-3

2001- Copa America Mexico 1-0 Brazil

2003- Friendly 0-0

2003- Gold Cup Group Stage- Mexico 1-0 Brazil

2003- Gold Cup Final- Mexico 1-0 Brazil

2004- Copa America Mexico 0-4 Brazil

2005- Confederations Cup(My favorite one) Mexico 1-0 Brazil

2007- Copa America Mexico 2-0 Brazil

So that is Mexico's record against Brazil in the last 7 years.

Last 7 years Vs Brazil, Mexico has had: 6 Wins-2 ties- 1 loss

Again...for both Mexican and Brazilian fans....dont take these stats too seriously, it does not mean Mexico is the better team, we all know thats not true. Im just saying these are the recent stats of Mexico-Brazil for past 7 years.

I dont know what it is....it just seems like Mexico has Brazil's number. There is always one team whom has another teams number i guess. Unexplainable....but as a great man once said....asi es el futbol.

8. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

You're pathetic, stop making excuses.

Ronaldo or Adriano? Fred? He was there, on the bench. You can't claim he was missing just cause you disagree with the coach. I know you do. Tough luck.

JC was injured wasn't he? If so, you can't call his replacement a B team player. If he's injured when the World Cup comes do we get to say "oh well, we don't want to take a back-up goalkeeper, can we postpone the tournament?"

You really are making a bad name for Brazil fans.

9. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yes, whatever, I dont care if YOU think Im making a bad name for Brazil fans, and there isnt really a way that Im making a bad name for them with my posts, get over it. Yes Mexico won, I cant change it, its done, the game has been over for days now, end of story.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Haven't you heard of one Lionel Messi?

But yeah, it would be cool to see Argentina play Mexico at some point. The last time we played, at the WC, it was one hell of an entertaining match.

11. DanStu

DanStu New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA

best final would be chile vs argentina...big rivals, the ultimate classic imo

12. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES

^^ lmao yeah says a chileno.. its all good though

13. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Oh, I missed this thread!

LOL, where have I heard that before? :D :mad: :(

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Arent't you half Paraguayan? :confused:
    Didn't Paraguay apply the same principle to beat Colombia? :eek"

Metro

15. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rep to you. First, it's refreshing to see BS a fan who can support their side with passion and enthusiasm without the need to belittle the opposition.

Second, I enjoy your posts as thoughtful and the product of a lover of the sport, beyond mere club or country loyalty, and look forward to more of your insights.

16. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

nah. just go to WR and check his history and you'll be pretty dissapointed. :rolleyes:

and yes, it is kinda refreshing to see an argentinian using the word "Mexico" and not use any insults along with it.

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Come on, what are you talking about? In Rivalries we have a little fun. It's like going to Vegas. What happens in Rivalries stays in Rivalries. No need to drag it to other forums.

I'm enjoying this Copa America. It's shaping up to be an awesome tournament.

I think right now it is wide open. Mexico is playing very efficiently, Castillo makes a huge difference for them. And Brazil hasn't played that well yet, but they have a monster in Robinho, if he gets hot they can win it.

I think Argentina has what it takes to win the title, but they need to show more than what they showed against the US. It's not going to be easy.

18. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church

Who will take the Cup? I'd say it's between Paraguay, Argentina, Mexico, and Brazil.

19. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América

Ditto. :D

Now it would be just dandy if you gave your compatriot Argentine Futbol some advice. The guy just can't seem to adapt to life outside WR. :rolleyes:

LGRod repped this.
  20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yes. Argentina has the talent to win, but I was not too impressed with the effort against the USA. They need to step up another knotch.

Brazil of course always is a candidate, they didn't play well yet, but Robinho can carry them. They may not have Kaka and Ronaldinho but they're deep in talent.

Mexico cannot be discounted, the way they beat Brazil, and especially if Castillo stays hot they will be tough to handle.

Paraguay is always tough, but the way they beat Colombia, maybe a bit of a fluke, but 5-0, wow!

So, I also look for those four to figure at the end.

Other than that, I was also impressed with Peru so far, although unfortunately the 'home field advantage' came to bite them in the ass.

And, Venezuela might ride that 'home field advantage' for an upset or two.

21. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY

just 2 of them was against senior team but the rest them was all against under-21 teams

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

But still any Brasil team should be good no matter what just like any Argie team

23. Albee1

Albee1 New Member

Apr 8, 2007

Lmao....this one made my day!

Chile vs Argentina, forget brazil vs arg, forget u.s. mexico, i live my life to see chile vs argentina!! :rolleyes:

Chile isn't even in the top 5 in south america, yet there fans want to put there team next to argentina and brazil

24. apollo_1444

apollo_1444 Red Card

Apr 11, 2007
    mexico
    NOTICE THAT Nery castillo was born in san luis potosi MEXICO but his parents are from uruguay

im glad i cleared that for the ignorants.

25. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I love soccer ! hahah wacky mexicans always putting up silly numbers that mean nothing ... you guys should give it a rest