2k3 predictions thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by wu-tang beez, Jan 2, 2003.

1. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/blankley.htm

she{Clinton} will establish herself as the natural leader of the Democratic Party. With the exception of Senator Lieberman, most of the other Democratic leaders will have permanently marginalized themselves by mismanaging the politics of terror.

GOP stalwarts everywhere are rubbing their hands together in anticipation.

my pics.
    1.US invades Iraq & begins long term occupation 2am local february 1st, a saturday.
    a)Yemen falls to extremists
    b)Sudanese muslims massacre christians putting pressure on the US to act.

2.Gas prices for regular gas in California exceed $2.00/gallon
    a)sparking a 2nd energy crisis in as many years
    b)calls are made to curb deregulation.

3. jay-lo and ben affleck divorce amidst allegations of infidelity.--his film Daredevil will flop--

4. The Chinese will fail to put a man in orbit by the end of the year & several rockets used for comercial launches by the russians & them will fall into the sea.

5.Ariel Sharon is forced from the Knesset in a coup from the Likud as the peace process is reinvigorated by increased violence protesting the US pressence in the Gulf and possible chemical attacks on Tel Aviv.

--edit--

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/02/mistaken.bombing/index.html
    drugged airmen blamed in collateral damage incidents around the globe past and present to become one of the biggest military doping stories since the Chester C Nemizts had a series of Carrier ops tragedies.

2. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I disagree with this one. Heck, we could see the chinese launch a manned spacecraft in a month or two.

3. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    A war will occur in Iraq in which the US will be victorious, but not without a high cost. Hussein will do great damage to the oil infastructure of the Middle East, leading to a worldwide recession.

4. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    • North Korea will have gone back to sleep after a fitful springtime.

This looks likely to me.

And after the first USA loss of the year someone will start a fire Bruce Arena thread. I realize this isn't going very far out on a limb.