26th Fixture: February 21st, 2015 - Chelsea FC vs Burnley FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Feb 19, 2015.

1. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They won't. Don't be so negative. If we rely one player, then we should be in 7th not 1st. Hold steady.

2. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To be fair, the Champions League hangover was definitely real. But neither of those penalties? Not even a yellow for Barnes on any of his challenges? Atkinson didn't control the game whatsoever and should be sent to the lower leagues. Say what you will about a "campaign," but today it's hard to argue against it. I'm not sure what I'll do if Barnes escapes any punishment

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    well that was a shitty way to start the weekend.

4. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Who was Cahill going to come for ?

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh, absolutely... you just can't DO that nowadays. But, at some point, people will crack. That's what Atkinson was banking on.

Matic had to go... so did the other guy IMO.

6. m_vandersee

m_vandersee Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    commentators said Costa

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Costa.

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Matic is arguably our most important player....we might not only rely on him, but he can easily be the difference b/w conceding a goal or not.

Miguel Alvarez repped this.
  9. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    Wel I think Atkinson saw the challenge and didn't find it a yellow/red card offense [emoji52]

11. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Agreed. Not sure of a win now in the Cup as it was always going to be tough but without Matic I am not so sure.

12. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It won't happen, but Aké and RLC are the best options to fill in for Matic IMO. Ramires is suicide, and who knows if Mikel will be fit. Think we may see more of a 4-3-3 to cover the midfield a bit differently

13. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    haven't read through comments and going to be offline for a while after this, but i'm so tired of bad decisions that are absolutely piling up enough to cost the league. how many blatant penalties have been missed and opponents allowed to hack the chelsea players without recourse. it was a matter of time before someone cracked. i'm really starting to buy in to this campaign against chelsea thing. it may not be conscious, but people don't like this team, it's not a media darling, and the unconscious repercussions of that is a team that doesn't get decisions. we can talk all day about how the players surround the refs at times and how the team can be disliked by others, but in the end, more times than not, the players have a legitimate case to make with some of these decisions.

i try really hard to keep a level head and see both sides, and i think i do a pretty good job of that. but it's hard to ignore when it seems to be happening so frequently. the costa bad was another example, i'm not saying he shouldn't have seen a yellow, and maybe even a red, even though i do think it was inadvertent, but if you're going to do that, be consistent. plenty of awful challenges going unpunished around the entire league. and incidents being glossed over. sterling slapped an opponent right in the face, and it wasn't even talked about let alone hunted down and pressured to do something.

14. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Knowing Jose I wouldnt be surprised to see a pivot or Ram/Mikel with Fab in the 10 spot. Our midfield will get overrun against a good Spurs midfield.

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Glad to see other posters (on United board) really understand our frustration. Really the only OT board on BS with rational posters.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RLC isnt really a holding mid though, hes more industrious, Mikel needs to be fit

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Outside of Paul Merson, not a fücking thing from Sky. No call for retrospective punishment. Absolute fücking clown organization. Nothing from them.

18. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    True, although he's played in the pivot before. I would rather have him there than Ramires I guess is what I'm saying. Very concerned for the weekend if Mikel isn't fit

19. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Should have been 3-0 at half time.

Should have been Red Card @ 69' to Burnley

Should have been routine 3 points.

******** Atkinson & ******** the stupid Anti Chelsea announcer was doing my ********ing head in. The guy could have BROKEN Matic's Leg and he SHOVES him and he gets a red card???? If Atkinson had called the foul I doubt Nemanja would have gotten a red. What a joke. After the blatant handball that was right in front of Atkinson I knew it was going to be one of those days. It seems like this season we could have been 12-15 points up right now, but due to shit decisions it is making the title race closer.

I still think we will win the prem, but the extra pressure will make the CL run more difficult.

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Another thing I wanted to add, I have been very critical of Jose's negative tactics recently. Jose went for it even when we were down to 10 and I have to commend him for that.

21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We didn't shut up shop today, we were just rubbish in the final third. We went for it all match long. Burnley were shite all match long. They try hard, I'll commend them for that, but they were shit. After three bookable offenses from Barnes one of our players snapped and got sent off. As a match wears on and each decision, especially the critical ones, don't go your way, you lose a little. Can you imagine what would have happened if we won a penner in the 3rd minute? Or right before half?

Two penalties all season. Citeh have 12. Just one today could have been the difference.

22. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just saying we could have played for the point after Matic was sent off and conceded the goal but still tried to win.

The negative tactics was for the Psg game not today.

23. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry mate. I agree with you. I didn't say that in my post. My blood is still boiling so please excuse my shit typing!

Wrath repped this.
  25. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i love seeing jose take the offensive today. good for him.