250 million euros for THAT?! The Other Teams thread-part 7 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by jfcule, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Discuss.

2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    250 million euros undone by players we essentially got for free (Messi, Xavi, Pedro) :D

3. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  4. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :D !!!
    Valdes, pique, xavi and messi were amazing. pedro great too.
    Im still lol'ing at how messi didnt get that penalty early on.. laughing even more at how ronaldo dived like a little girly ballerina right after lmao.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Oh dear lord, sweet sweet Schadenfreude. Tastes like ambrosia. :D :D

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  7. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the interesting thing here is, from my POV, is that this has vindicated arsene wengers policy in a way.

madrid, spent 250 million euros to obtain a completely new team. they were playing good, looked strong, ready to fight against barcelona, but in the end, they still got trashed, in front of there own home fans.

arsenal, spends nothing, plays a few players they've tried to develop mixed with a few bargain signings, and we equally got trashed by barca at the Nou camp, however we did give them a good fight at the emirates, and we were able to score more goals than the might RM did at there own home.

8. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Saw that Keirrison scored for Fiorentina yesterday. His second Serie A goal.

Great thread title btw.

9. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Mourinho was brought to Inter for one reason and one reason only: To win the European Cup. There are already rumors that Jose will leave Inter after this season. So I'm getting a sense that Mou is willing to sacrifice Serie A and put every type of egg he can think of (Grade AA, A, B... Class A, B, C... whatever) into the Champions League basket in hopes of cooking up one delicious omelette. He recently stated that he'll have a surprise for Barcelona. Given the lineup Pep put out for El Clasico, I think Mourinho may be in for the mind game fight of his life.

That works too.
    But mine was a definitive statement: "THAT is what 250m got them!"

:rolleyes: @ The Daily Mail. Did they forget that Xavi was named best player of EURO 2008? Oh that's right, they wouldn't have known because England weren't at that tournament.
    As Sir Liquored Up Drunk might say, "Typical Germans". Or something like that.

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    it would of been better like you first had it...

11. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha, congratulations on the win by the way. If Bayern do make the CL final, I think either Inter or Barca going to the final is a good thing for us. If Inter goes to the final, we get to.. well not play you guys. :p We also get a chance to beat the 3rd Italian team in CL thus being crowned Bayern, the Italian Slayer (think Buffy in Bayern shirt). It would also mean that the two players that were sold by Real Madrid so they would go farther in CL, are in the CL final with different teams. Ahhh poetic isn't it?

Playing you guys would also mean Inter fails to win Italy any co-efficient points and Germany overtakes them as the #3 country in Europe after next season. It also means that Real Madrid's European rival and domestic are both playing against each other in the final of Champions League.. at their own backyard.

You couldn't make this up if you were an author of a book really, win-win for us. :cool:

Cheers again for the win.

12. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man City win 5-1 ahead of the derby against ManU next week.

Mancini deserves a lot of credit for sorting out their defense, dropping Robinho, and getting the best out of Tevez. Liverpool's going to have a hard time getting back into the top 4 next year.

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three of the four CL semifinalists tied their games this weekend.

Lyon 1 - 1 Lille
    Lyon are third in League 1 right now, but that race is soooo tight amongst the top six.

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 1 Bayern Munich
    BM still on top of Bundesliga but Schalke are breathing down their necks, although Schalke's loss to Hannover means BM extend their lead.

Fiorentina 2 - 2 Inter Milan
    Inter lose their spot atop Serie A to Roma.

And a special shout out to Chivas USA, who won their first game of the season yesterday by a score of 2 - 0. :) I appreciate the symmetry of 2 - 0 scorelines, but maybe next year don't schedule the game at the same time as el clásico? Just a thought.

14. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeah! and Manyo draw today against bolton! :eek:

15. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ROma is the new leader in SErie A!!! :)

16. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed.

I guess I missunderstood what unclesox meant. :eek:

Ron, PM how it would look like, and I'll edit it.

17. Chicken Wings

Chicken Wings Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Interesting.

Please elaborate.

18. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i understood. just gotta read it again :p

19. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol.. wtfs with the random attempt at putting down xavi in the title? He is obviously trying to say he is not part of the best players in the world. Like to see his articles now after arsenal and madrid games..(i know he has always been great but these 2 matches show why lol)

20. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, the Fire have yet to reach this milestone. Not worried though. The team just looks like it's thisclose to finding it's rhythm and being really, really good. Love the partnership of McBride and Collins John(despite John missing more than a few sitters already), and love the wing combo of Nyarko and Pappa. Still pretty excited about this MLS season.

P.S. I'm blown away by New Jersey's stadium. Gorgeous. Immediately puts every other stadium in the league to shame, including my beloved Toyota Park. :(

21. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Next season Italy will have 4 CL teams either way, however Germany is .4 points off taking the #3 spot in Europe. If Inter loses and Bayern goes to the final with Hamburg at least winning one of the two matches with Fulham, I believe Germany should get enough points to pass Italy. That means for the 2011/2012 season, there will be 4 German teams in CL and 3 Italian CL teams. :cool:

If you're a visual person, this will explain it easier. ;)
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2010.html

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The Inter x Juventus game has been moved-up to Friday. More rest for the Nerazzurri ahead of the first-leg.

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeah but whats great is that its Juve and then Barca! meaning that they might lose the Scudetto! with all these intense games! :D

24. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. I had heard about the possibility of this happening before, but never explained as simply and concisely as you've just done. Thanks.

Personally, I am all for more German teams in the Champions League.

25. Chicken Wings

Chicken Wings Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Thanks. Good Job. Chicken Wing.