25/1/2011 Asian Cup SF: Australia - Uzbekistan

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    It's always good to have the 2 best ranked sides in the Final, and it doesn't matter what type of draw they received to get there. FACT IS THEY ARE THERE.

Aust V Japan has become a real rivalry since the 2006WC with often close hard games and this should be no different. But Aust has done well in the past few years against Japan and their tough ET semi could have taken a bit of the edge off them.

Good luck to both.

2. Capt. Socceroo

May 7, 2001
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    My gf and I are having fun making up Uzbeki names in the style of the 12th man
    Suckmeov, tossinov, getimov etc:) I think there could be celebratory bongo-bongo coming up:) must go! Happy Australia Day!!

3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    just goes to show how much the federation of a country matters. japans soccer budget is huge and they have systematic ways of developing their talent, and it has reaped the rewards. only brazil and argentina are naturally gifted enough to be world superpowers with poor organization.

4. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Win lose or draw the Final we will still hear the nuff nuffs around here telling us "we only got to the Final via the easy draw"...............(after topping the group of death:confused:)

5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    LOL. hilarious. Iran would never lose by more than 1 goal against you. south korea outplayed you and they barely edged us.. we would have beaten you had you not got iraq and uzbekistan. so would south korea. see you in the next world cup qualifying... this time you will get 2 of Iran/saudi/south korea/japan and you will be back to your place.

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey buddy, can you please post some good links to follow the media frenzy in Australia for the Championship?

7. Capt. Socceroo

May 7, 2001
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    mate, you can only beat the teams in front of you on the day right...Apparently we are no Brazil(Mr Uzbeki coach!) but the Uzbeks let us play in a way I don't think the Japanese will...win, lose or draw, this is huge for football in Australia...the band-wagon is cranking up as I type this!

8. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry dude but you are dreaming if you think either Iran or South Korea could've beaten Australia.

9. Capt. Socceroo

May 7, 2001
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    the Sydney Morning Herald is usually good for football(http:// www.smh.com.au)
    sister paper, Melbourne's The Age is usually focussed on rival sports(Australian Rules football, Aust Open Tennis and anything except real football, but they could have something(http:www.theage.com.au)
    Murdoch's news Limited papers are usually openly hostile towards the world game, but given that it is Australia Day today, I expect the jingo-ism to be ramped up in preparation for the Final, keep in mind their journos usually know buggger-all about foorball(http://www.news.com.au)

10. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    Blah blah blah :D, that is all wishful thinking, I should buy you some Australian supporters gear so you can cheer us on in Brazil. To win 6-0 against one of Asia's best in Uzbekistan is a fantastic win, a mid-tier team like Iran would of gotten poleaxed even worse.

11. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    please do go on.. everybody already knew you were an idiot but you are reaching unprecedented levels. either you are an idiot or you are still bitter over the 1997 knockout. i think its a mixture of both.:D

anyways i know you are happy because finally you can beat 2nd tier asian teams unlike last time in which you were level on points with thailand, who is a 3rd tier team. LOL.

12. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    DT would rather talk about the Australian Open even though there's no Australian's left in it over us possibly winning the Asian Cup, I would be surprised if we even make it to the top 4 or 5 pages in the sports section today/tomorrow.

13. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    Silence noob, who is everyone? If i'm not mistaken aren't you supposed to be the forum-idiot around here?

You do realize that 1997 was 14 years ago? You probably do obviously but because of Iran's decade of failure and continued failure into this new decade starting with this Asian Cup, it's not hard to see why you can't let it go.

I'm sure you'll be telling your grandkids - that's if you manage to accomplish such a thing Mr Persian Virgin - about the last time you got a positive result against the mighty Aussies 60 years ago in 1997.

14. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The poll right now at SMH ask who will the Asian Cup trophy? The Socceroos lead 86% to 14%. Of course that is an Aussie paper! :)

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/footbal...-asian-cup-semifinal-20110126-1a4jd.html#poll

15. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    noob? i classify a noob as entering a confederation, talking smack, and not being able to get more points than thailand.:D

i do realize 1997 was 14 years ago... which is why i am so shocked at the fact that you are still bitter to the bone about it.:D

virgin? how random... where else would you get that if you werent a frustrated virgin yourself?:D

your arithmetic error (2011-1997=60) just sums you up. quite frankly, i cannot be bothered wasting any more time on troll like you. you are clearly agitated. i am done with you.

16. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Age has the Socceroos headlining the front page this time!

http://www.theage.com.au/

Socceroos humiliate Uzbekistan 6-0 to romp into Asian Cup final against Japan

SMH is headlining the Socceroos too but not news.com.au.

17. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Congrats Australia for reaching the final.

I hope Saudi Arabia who went down the drain this Asian cup, get back on their feet like they do everytime and make the World cup qualifiers 2014 an interesting one.

Hopefully Iran also goes back to their old glory days when ALi Daei used to play.

But i'll have to say Japan will win the cup even though i hate it to see them have more Asian cups than Saudi Arabia.

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They're taking things a bit too much into politics:

"They will meet Japan, conquerors of South Korea..."

:D

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Is that why you hardly managed to beat Iraq, a team Iran had easily beaten in the group stage?

Do we still have those "dumbest posts threads"? I nominate RickChelsea's post as the dumbest post of the year .

Arrogant Aussie footy fans are showing their true colors again. They get an easy route to the final, beating a bunch of minnows on their way, in group stage and in their bracket, while all the Asian powerhouses were in the other bracket (hosts + the 3 of the 4 highest ranked Asian teams), and all of sudden the obnoxious Aussie footy fans think they're shit. I can't wait till Japan humbles them for good.

20. Capt. Socceroo

May 7, 2001
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    will be nothing today(26th) stop presses is about 2300 the night before. the DT is one of the most jingoistic papers around(every person who can even say g'day that plays tennis at the OzOpen is Ours etc..they still refer to Kim Klijsters[once was engaged to bogan hero Lleyton Hewitt] - probably broke it off when she came to her senses] as Our Kim ferchrissakes...anything to maintain interest in the coverage[does anyone buy it?]) Tomorrow it will be plenty of coverage. thing is, the journos they use know bugger all about football so they'll probably embarrass themselves(and us) by under estimating Japan based on the using the FIFA rankings or silly racial stereotypes(Japanese smaller physically - no match for Australia...never mind that the physical issue isn't as important in football as it is in Australia's other sports AND that the Japanrese are individually technically great players! We are going to have to play out of our skin to win this cup!

21. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Where did you get easy from? wining at the 83 min is easy? Getting tired of Iranians who complain that they got the hard group stage bla bla bla, If you want to win a f3cking tournament then you don't care who you face, you lost against S.Korea then you just don't have what it takes to win it all.

And getting tired of everybody keep saying the "BIG 5" what 5? Australia, S.Korea and Japan is first tier and the rest is in 2-3 tier and etc Iran haven't done anything in the last 30+ year and thats end of story

22. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Aussies, what is DT??

23. topoli

topoli New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis

watch this cheating aussie IRAQ SHOULD HAVE BEATEN U

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8wDQ-EfXBg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - SHAME ON YOU FIFA & AFC - Quarter final Australia VS Iraq Asian cup 2011[/ame]#!

24. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. topoli

topoli New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Club: