23 Tickets to Germany update

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by shooter6065, Dec 22, 2005.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i don't know, but i'd sure as hell love to claim the payoff

2. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that I brought up WC 2002 and a player's form then cannot predict a player's form now (Mathis, Sanneh, etc?), but if you can, re-watch the games don't just look at the game summaries.

Hejduk was clearly outmatched in the skills department against Portugal and Korea. He is often out of control and physical which leads to cards and his distribution and shooting skills probably (on his best day) meet the minimum required for his position at a professional level. Based on his MLS play this year he has not improved in either of these areas.

Also, I believe that Brad's play and Korea's terrible finishing had a lot more to do with the Korea result than Frankie's play. And the first Portugal goal was off a corner on Frankie's side (I have lent out the DVD and I cannot recall what set up the corner), but the man who scored was marked by Agoos.

3. Shackleton

Shackleton New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    N. Texas

I agree that Beasley has looked better on the left than the right. I also like both of the midfield line-ups you present. But, both line-ups have Reyna starting, and I doubt he'll start all three group games. If Reyna rests, is injured, or is suspended, then we'll likely go with (1) Beasley on the left and Ralston/Quaranta on the right or (2) Convey/Lewis on the left and Beasley on the right. Of those two choices, right now, I'm leaning to moving Beasley to the right and putting Convey on the field instead of Ralston or Quaranta--the loss of moving Beasley is more than made up with the gain of Convey playing instead of Ralston/Quaranta.

4. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    if reyna doesn't play and JOB is healthy, I see o"brien being a direct replacement for reyna...

all along I've seen the mids being...

mastroeni - arena will go d-mid, bet the paycheck
    reyna - holding role
    beasley - on the left, more width
    donovan - slightly right of center...

o'brien - direct replacement for reyna
    convey - direct replacement for beasley, although beasley becoming a 3rd forward in times of attacking neccessity could happen