23 tickets to GC?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by RalleeMonkey, Mar 30, 2011.

1. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does that impugn the integrity of this roster exactly? You couldn't pick a team of US players that I would agree would beat Mexico in this tournament, it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.

2. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Err... As reasoning why he wasn't selected? I mean. I can say LD is prematurely balding but if it was during a presser after I didn't select him for my team it might be a little idiotic, no?

3. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    It may be the "reason" Chandler gave Bob Bradley. That he was worn down after getting used to the physical demands of his first professional season.

4. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    RoboBob is covering for him & it's the right thing to do at this point.

5. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Sounded more like supporting Chandler's assertion that he's physically and mentally tired.

6. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell are you talking about? How many of the selections are making you feel this way, of the 23?

Do you all not realize that Chandler not being involved could very well be Chandler's decision rather than Bradley's?

7. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

So being physically and mentally worn down after your first professional season is the same thing as going prematurely bald? Have a word with yourself.

8. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    OK. To me it sounded like a dig but maybe you're right.

9. bnjamin10

bnjamin10 Member

Charlotte FC
    Jun 4, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rogers/Bornstein over Chandler is really the only WTF pick for me.

Going solely by what I gather from browsing bigsoccer, Crews fans are generally pretty critical of R. Rogers, and Bornstein has been playing LM in Mexico if he is not on the bench. God I hope its injuries and not Chandler getting cold feet.

I actually like the rest of our squad. Agudelo/Alitidore though they lack consistency are both capable of pulling something ridiculous out of no where, and Wondo is the U.S. striker that is simply scoring right now. Midfield is solid as usual. I like having two offensive options of the bench with Adu and Feilhaber that can both bring something different to the table late in games.

10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    You didn't tell us your exam was with a proctologist! :eek:

11. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    What I meant was that the fact that his success at a high level was only recent and that LD is bald were equally insignificant.

But if you guys feel he was simply expounding on the reason Chadler is worn down / needs rest than I'll accept that I may have misinterpreted the statement.

12. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure thats the case. I mean dont you think its a bit more mentall/physically demanding preparing for and playing against the likes of Ribery then facing off against u-23 defenders in German youth games?

Does anyone on here who played sports in high school remember moving up to Varsity after playing for JV and how much more tiring it was? Now take that and multiply it by about 100.

13. Black Tide

Black Tide Member+

Mar 8, 2007
    the 8th Dimension
    Bob Bradley to big soccer:

[​IMG]

Its the only reasonable explanation

14. StevenTacle

StevenTacle New Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep throwing my food everytime I see Bornstein and the crappy 23.

15. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    lmao I was like lmao

16. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I would be interested to hear what Jones has to say.

They have very similar backgrounds. I am sure Chandler called and they talked.

Bayern Munich, Chelsea, RM (not saying they are, but...) is much more likely to recruit a player with a chance at the Meinschaft than starting for the USMNT.

17. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    First response would be club form, although the stats don't exactly show Wondo blowing the doors off Teal:

MLS 2011 Season
    Wondolowski - 10 games, 5 goals in 892 minutes (a goal every 178 minutes)
    Bunbury - 7 games, 3 goals in 556 minutes (a goal every 185 minutes)

18. StevenTacle

StevenTacle New Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do realize he has more playing time then Bunbury right?

19. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You have to add in Wondo's assists. I would put in Agudelo's entire MLS career in comparison as well. He may have played less minutes in MLS than Wondo has this season.

20. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me Sacha!!

21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    If I hadn't read the games, goals, minutes and goals/minute totals in the post you quoted, I would have answered 'No, he must not realize that.'

22. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    It's not simply the stats, it's the playing style. We could use a guy who's a handful up top more than an intelligent poacher right now. Because ALL our other forwards are guys who play best when they play OFF somebody.

That said, that has me less concerned than Adu over Mix/Bedoya, a lot less concerned than Rogers over Mix/Bedoya, and all of that pales behind Chandler's "Um, I think I'm gonna sit this one out, kthxbye."

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Chandler

Rogers on the roster
    Adu on the roster

That's "what the hell" I'm talking about.

24. drumline123

drumline123 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so now we know who made it. but who starts?

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Games are spaced only 2-4 days apart so it's going to be different for every game. Every player, except goalkeepers will almost surely get an appearance.