22/23 Napoli Serie A Season Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Bedelcigil, Aug 15, 2022.

1. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    *back heel*

In today's game, pace is becoming everything, but he handled himself well against Sterling. I noticed Sterling switched to the other wing later. He found no joy down Italy's right flank.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like Zerbin might get his first start of the season. This is a big opportunity for him

3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Possible, according to the official website, Lozano and Politano were training though. Would have liked to see Lozano benched again just to see his face. :D

4. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Zerbin is making his way forward, so maybe we don't need to make a new signing. Lozano could be on his way out in January.

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Not sure about that, he did not convince me at all the last time he played. Seemed rather clumsy and nervous.

Retrosword repped this.
  6. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    3-0

Easy work today

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1. 3-1 half. They almost score a second as the half ends. We need to score three more goals for a nice cushion

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    reading about the goals on a sports site, and here I sleep through the 1st half after night shift. :D

10. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The team just needs to continue taking it 1 game at a time. Top 4 remains the goal. We'll inevitably have a rough period.

11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    So far, so good. Rough periods are normal, but we will have to get through them satisfactorily if we want top 4, and if we want to avoid shame and destruction like with Barcelona.

12. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What a crazy season this looks like it's going to be. Roma beat Inter at the San Siro, Atalanta continue to win, and Juventus .. You just don't know what they're going to look like when Pogba, Di Maria and Chiesa come back.

11plavih repped this.
  13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I want to see Spalletti take a chance this weekend and start either one of Zanoli or Gaetano. I’m leaning more Zanoli. We have a comfortable rotation on the left with Olivera and Rui. It would be nice to give Di Lorenzo more rest

14. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Could see both.

Gaetano played from Cremonese and I think he should make an appearance off the bench for Ziely if we look comfortable out there. This would be a good game for him.

I think DiLo starts. Zanoli is not trusted yet, but if we have a healthy lead like we had against Ajax, then DiLo can get rested a bit at least with Zanoli gaining valuable experience off the bench.

With the run of form we are on, Spalletti won't want to change things up too much, but he has a couple of selection headaches, starting with Osimhen and Raspdori, and tired legs, obviously with Anguissa and DiLo. Maybe after the World Cup, we might see some tweaks to our structure and a couple of signings to help provide more cover.

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Osimhen will available tomorrow on the bench

16. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]

Not Osimhen, Demme.

indestructible repped this.
  17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was fooled by the media

SF19 and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  18. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    To be fair Osimhen is back in training, likely just a misinterpretation. I remember reading the goal was to have him back for the Ajax match, maybe he'll make the bench? It'll be nice to have another body because like you've mentioned before, this stretch is brutal playing every 3 days.

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1-4 final.

The game was closer than the score indicated

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good win. The team is more vertical and relies on speed so games against defensive teams are tougher.

SF19 repped this.
  21. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    In hindsight, even better we didn't get CR7

Seeing so many players shine is so wholesome

LGRod, tripwire and indestructible repped this.
  22. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Cremonese held firm and made it impossible for Spalletti give less experienced players a chance.

The only difficult with Cristiano is his salary demands and expectations for playing time. That all really depends on him and his willingness to accept less.

With the way we are going, we could win the league and maybe enjoy our best season yet in the UCL.

23. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Did you see Ronaldo's goal this weekend? Napoli need that.
    Siuuu or whatever the ******** they say lol. Epic celebration Goat!!

LGRod repped this.
  24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I watched some highlights with a couple of beers and cigarettes as a form of relax after a night shift, and I could not help but notice a couple of pleasant things. Things that have led to our success so far.

1. How many headers have we scored already this season? It seems almost like we had not scored this many in at least 2 previous seasons.

2. We had been losing quite a few times this season, or held at a draw, only to emerge victorious in the end nonetheless. There seems to finally have been that change in mentality we have so long awaited. Both the deliveries and the executions have been much better than before.

3. The balance of the midfield is staggering. As a result, we score a lot, yet concede very few goals.

4. The number of goals we have scored from the bench, and mostly when they were needed the most.

SF19 repped this.
  25. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Osimhen is back but looks like we've lost Rrahmani and Anguissa in our last 2 games. Hopefully either can be back before the World Cup break. Only 8 games left before that comes. Thankfully Ndombele is starting to perform.

We'll have a week of rest after the game, well earned and needed.