22/23 Champions/Europa League Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 25, 2022.

1. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have been subject to terrible performance all year long last year and this year it has been a catastrophe. I feel bad for the players, but at the same time we are paying them millions to perform and they are not getting it done either.

The gaffe at the end when Benfica almost scored a third…it just shows where Juve stands.

At this point you can’t fix this. The team needs a new direction, under Allegri the team will be lucky to be even considered a mid table team.

juveeer repped this.
  2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The defense sux. the offense sux.

Changes need to be made.

you can't fire all the palyers, and yes Allegri is a big part of the problem but he is not the only problem..

The Club sold out results for a business "brand" and we are paying for it now.

3. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    It's so demoralizing. Allegri sucks no doubt but our front office has been in shambles. Watching Napoli buy Kvaratskhelia for only 10M and then adding Raspadori...two young talents...while we get excited for ancient Di Maria and that stiff Paredes. It's humiliating.

juveeer and Daei_10 repped this.
  4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dont blame the players…they play well under a coach that knows whats going on. Allegri is so lost no matter who you buy it will be same exact shit.

it can’t possibly be every single player we signed last 4yrs is absolute shit. If Bernardeschi, Locatelli, Bonucci can step into a Euros and win it, tells you all you need to know. We excuse this Allegri stinker because we compare him to Pirlo ( who had 0 experience) and a Sarri that no one wanted in first place.

juveeer repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    well that's unfortunate. Failing to win vs mighty Monza this weekend will seal his fate though, but I doubt Juve don't win that match even with all the problems.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The players aren't blameless. Let's get that straight. However the most pressing issue at the moment is that Allegri has seemed to lose their confidence. At one point you knew that Allegri would be able to organize the defense, and we would play disciplined football that would allow us to grind out results. We haven't done that in some time.

And it's no surprise for anyone that's paid attention. We were mediocre all last season. Even with the "summer reinforcements", we looked poor in preseason friendlies, and we have won, what, like two of the 9 competitive games played this season, and already look to be out of CL.

What bothered me the most yesterday was that we completely lost our shape a times and the players appeared to give up in large stretches of the match. If it were anyone but Allegri, they already would have been sacked given what we've seen so far. He's not fixing this and whomever takes over has a massive problem as well.

You have a number of players who aren't good enough for a side aiming to win top honors. You have former stalwarts, like Cuadrado, who have massively regressed this season, and many of your top guys can't get on the pitch with injuries. It's a mess.

juveeer and dean smith repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Part of the management wants Allegri gone, others don't just yet. There's definitely a rift there. Arrivabene is supposedly really ********ing pissed.

9. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    We won’t have two games a week so will give us more recovery time. It’s not out of our reach yet and with the other Italian clubs involved in Europe we might just have half a chance

10. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    If only we had a player like Dybala.

NicktheGreek, Nainggolan and juveeer repped this.
  11. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    There was more ball watching in yesterday's match than I see on Saturday afternoons at my 9 year old son's games. I was sick to my stomach watching midfielders especially just give up and walk or jog after having been sliced open.

You might as well light a fire and burn the money you are paying Paredes if he's going to play like that. Weston was just awful. We know he's not that skilled but he didn't even give much effort. Cuadrado blew two great chances by not passing and otherwise was horrific too. I know some of you like Kostic, but if we are playing with a back three, he can't be a lazy f*ck failing to track back. Miretti was the best of the midfielders, but that's not saying much given how bad everyone else was. He hustled hard on that PK and I don't think he even realized he stepped on the guy's foot, but where were his teammates on that play? Acres of space there with no one helping. Just awful.

So, no one is saying it is all Allegri's fault. Some of the players do suck and that is on the dirigenti who picked them. The problem however is that if you are going to play a defensive game like Allegri wants, you can't set up your midfield to have gaping holes the way it does. I've lost count of how many times we've been sliced open by give and gos in the last few matches.

juveeer and gumbacicc repped this.
  12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    These performances explain why Juve are pushing so hard for the Euro Super League. They cannot compete at all under current the current Champions League set up. A lifetime guarantee of Euro football with no relegation is just what this team needs. The team is such a shambles right now that I refuse to even watch matches these days except when I need to indulge in a bit of Schadenfreude.

Getting rid of Alegri won't solve the rot that has taken over the whole Juve enterprise. Say they bring in Tuchel; the club doesn't have the type of players he needs to play high pressure football and it will take at least 2-3 years to accomplish the changeover. It will take time and money, something Juve does not appear committed to.

13. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    In other words, if you want to play catenaccio then play it properly...bunker down and close the gaps and spaces and hit them on the counter. Instead, we look like a team without an identity. We are trying to attack but don't have the feet and skill to play possession ball so we turn it over...and yet we aren't properly positioned to play a tight defensive game.

Benfica was getting into our area with EASE.

juveeer and Daei_10 repped this.
  14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We would still lose

Dante repped this.
  15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waiting on Allegri to turn this around will damage our entire future. By next month we’ll be out of CL and Serie A…then lose out on 70M or so for next season. All that because of 9M salary?

Grow some balls and fire the guy before its too late.

dean smith, juveeer and cizko repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We could do a lot worse than bring in Napoli's sporting director.

17. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Seriously, what happened to Allegri? He used to be a really good manager. Is it that he and the players just don't work well together with his style, philosophy, and tactics? That's mainly my guess.

I think maybe because our defense is not what it used to be. I do remember his system was often based of the BBC in defense, and Allegri does tend to start with the defense. I guess our defense isn't good enough anymore to be building the team off of that.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cardiff broke him

after that he was lost and if you recall 2018 we started our slide…CL group stage we lost 3-0 to Barca (same one we beat 3-0 few months before) then the Tottenham game where we screwed a 2-0 lead…then RM 3-0 loss at home… that was when he started these bullshit defensive tactics and was start of our decline

2018 and 2019 we still had residue of the previous teams so our shortcomings didnt show until 2020 times

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Non e Squadra..

20. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Hmm, I don’t think that’s it.

We always tend to start the season a little slow. And it wasn’t the same Barca that we beat 3-0 in Spring 2017. New coach, completely different tactics lead by Valverde. We usually pick it up at the second half of the season. Even in the 14-15 and 16-17 seasons when we reached the UCL Final, we definitely didn’t start the season very strong, and looked mediocre for the first quarter of the season prior to really picking it up.

That 3-0 loss to Real Madrid at home was very unlucky. We played well, and failed to convert many of the chances we had. You should watch that game again, because we dominated the game for significant times. It was much closer than the score line says. Not to mention, we were denied a clear penalty at the end of the game, and that red card we got was very controversial. Also the 2 goals by Real Madrid were pure class by Ronaldo and not easy to score at all, especially the second one. I doubt the third one would’ve even happened if not for being down to 10 men and 2 goals down.

Not to mention, we almost turned it around in the second leg. Tell me any other team that came even close to turning around a 3-0 lead against Real Madrid. The only other time I remember was Schalke 04 in 2014-15. We completely dominated Real in their own backyard. Higuain choked and missed an open net as well. Not to mention that Ronaldo penalty was controversial. Honestly, it probably was a legit penalty if I’m honest, but you can’t decide a whole tie on a controversial decision. Honestly 2017-18 was generally a very good season for us.

I’d say we really started to lose it in 2018-19 season when Ronaldo came. Ronaldo really ruined and caused damage because we had to sell some key players that were crucial and make tons of sacrifices. The team started to depend on Ronaldo and I think it really caused more harm than good.

All I can say is we should’ve never signed Ronaldo and Higuain. Both were a waste, and I really think we would’ve been better off without them and used that money on younger players or players that were more like team players. I would’ve rather signed a player like Lewandowski, and focused more on midfielders.

juveeer repped this.
  21. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    As someone who has always been a die hard Juventus fan for many years, I gotta admit something that has been upsetting about our club this season.

Seriously, we are one of the most famous clubs in Italy, and we only have ONE ITALIAN player in the starting squad? Maybe 2 when Chiesa gets back, but seriously guys? We deserve to do poorly.

It’s a disgrace to our country.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Against Benfica there were 3 Italians, against Salernitana there were 5. It’s not a lack of Italians that’s hurting the team. It’s the Italian manager.

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Can we stop with this Italian versus non-Italian stuff? Italian managers have been among the best in the history of football and I'm hard-pressed to think of another nation PRESENTLY that collectively boasts better managers than Italy.

Our woes have to do with the fact that we have a substandard squad of both Italians and non-Italians, with key players always out, led by a manager that has lost the plot.

24. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    It is true!!! I feel like we have tons of world class managers:

Ancelotti, Conte, Spaletti, Di Francesco, and Gasperini, I feel like are some of the best managers in the world. We haven't seen a lot of Di Francesco and Gasperini yet but I think they have extremely huge potential.

I also really think highly of Allegri and Mancini. I know Allegri is not doing well with us right now, but in general, I think he is a great manager. Even good managers do screw up from time to time. Remember Klopp's Dortmund 2014-15? It was terrible, but I still think Klopp is one of the best managers in the world.

I do not think as highly of these managers but I do believe they are decent: Sarri, Stefano Pioli, Simeone Inzaghi, and Montella.

We definitely have world class managers from other nations, but I don't actually think they have produced as many world class managers as Italy. Maybe Spain or Germany?

The only really good managers I know from Spain are Pep Guardiola, Unai Emery, and Luis Enrique. And I do feel Pep is overrated a bit.

Germany has: Jurgen Klopp, Thomas Tuchel, Jochiam Low, and the best manager in the world in my opinion: Jupp Heynckes.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States