21 v. Mexico (to be supplemented by Euros)

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by MLSNHTOWN, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but Altidore said in his blog that he might get called up, really hope that he does.

2. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must be new here to big soccer, Freddy has been bashed for not living up to expectation for the last 7 or 8 years.:rolleyes:

3. Lobooho

Lobooho Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Cali
    I think the supplemental Euros will be Spector, Cherundolo and Bradley. Chose Donovan and Gusan to also start. Pull 16 names out of the national camp (both 2008 sessions) roster and let's go.

4. LJSoccer

LJSoccer Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Lake Jackson TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think your right about Altidore, but don't forget A. Alvarez. I have watched him for years down here and he is "eat up" with talent as we say down here in Texas. He loves going at defenders, something that is sorely lacking with the US attack. Stuart Holden is turning into a beast as well. By the way they are both Houston area club team products. Had to gloat.

5. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    ah, check the mexico call-ups

their big boys are coming...

if many 2nd line usa players get forced into action, the 2-0 might be the other way this time...

6. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    This Mexico squad is very good. A midfield containing Pardo, Sinha, and Guardado is going to be hard for the U.S. to match even if they bring in a near-top squad. Mexico will be in slightly better form as well, since many of the players already have interliga under their belt and their season is a few weeks old.

It will be interesting to see how Bradley plays this. Personally, I hope he sticks with a younger squad. Even though this is Mexico/USA on US soil, the experience from the match is still more important than the result.

Having said that, this will be my first US MNT team game in person and I'd hate for it to be a loss.