2024 Season Member Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by GoCrew1996, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Ch(Elsey), soccerncbus and LaMacchia repped this.
  2. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    There are certain individuals within the fanbase, many of them with an unfortunately sizeable reach, that will always complain about anything that ever happens. The constant need to "take a stand" and "create change" is out of control. It was totally necessary during STC, but it's not always necessary.

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Paul. I saw that update on FB. And the comments section. Yikes. Again, I stand firm in never joining the Nordecke FB group. Very firm.

I have a quick question and some ancillary questions. How are other supporter groups around the league dealing with dynamic pricing? Though, perhaps the starting question is: How do other supporter groups sell tickets? Or do they? I would like to believe that some fellow numbers nerd on Reddit or Twitter has a chart. Please and thank you in advance.

And yes, I am genuinely curious about other supporter groups. No, that does not mean the royal we need to be like them. I would prefer to have a frame of reference to go by prior to calling on social media for our current Nordecke Board to be tarred and feathered.

4. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    My timbers army contact said the members get all their tickets directly through the FO, and any that they resell are donations resold at face value.

5. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a healthy mix around the league: Some SGs don't sell tickets, some do, and some FOs sell on behalf of their SGs with revenue sharing in place.

As far as dynamic pricing: We're all just trying to make the best of it. I haven't heard much chatter from the folks I know in other cities, but i think we're all just of the opinion that it's the new normal.

6. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can confirm.

7. WarriorDome

WarriorDome Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 27, 2008
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also purchased one of those CREW hoodies from Homage but found myself incredibly annoyed when more than 1 person assumed it was J Crew branded clothing as opposed to me just repping a soccer team.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the FO had the same idea during the short-lived Columbus SC era.

9. WarriorDome

WarriorDome Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 27, 2008
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2024-2-1_10-16-11.png

Season tickets are loaded in accounts this morning and can confirm that the first Leagues Cup knockout game is the "extra" game.

Also, curious to see at what prices Miami tickets go up for resale for.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  10. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey. Am I remembering correctly - did we need to delete the app and re-download it?

11. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I got a new email saying I can subscribe to the Apple Season Pass. I still have access from last season so do I need to log out of my season pass from last season and re-subscribe thru the email I just got or do nothing and keep the one for last year?

12. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I just did and it seemed to fix the loading problem, but now it keeps saying I've logged in before and need to log out etc etc...

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  13. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I re-downloaded. Then logged out. Logged in. For as long as I live, I will never tire of seeing Crew season tickets. Beautiful sight to see tickets on my phone.

Speaking of phones - Markus had this Five Nights at Freddy’s background for months. Ugh. Last weekend, I talked to him about changing it. I suggested a Crew background so we looked for possible images.

He went with this image.

It makes me smile so much when I see it. So this morning, when I woke up the kiddos, I told them “Happy February.” And you know what February brings.. I bounced into a rendition of We Wish You a Merry Crewsmas.

…It very might be our first Crewsmas in five/six years.

stanger repped this.
  14. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like those of us on partial season plans don’t get the Apple TV deal as a benefit. Just full season package holders and people buying into the new wait list program. Still, my son is a full season ticket holder, and the Apple TV announcement from last year said this: “Through Family Sharing, up to six family members can share the subscription using their own Apple ID and password.” Did any of you do this last year? Did it work okay?

15. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well of course these things never seem to be universally true; one guy swears it works fine for him and the next guy can't make it work to save his life.

That said, I did this last year for my two sons, one of whom lives in Denver. Plus I had it installed on three TV's here at home. Everything worked just fine.

What I don't know is if there's a difference between getting it through the season ticket deal and paying for it directly, which is what I did. Plus I subscribe to AppleTV+.

I doubt if it makes any difference but I figured I should mention it.

TRUJDUB21, Ch(Elsey) and Minnman repped this.
  16. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Seamless. But you have to be a “Family.”

https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

Tim is the organizer so I always forward him the MLS Season Pass code.

Markus and I both have iPhones and our own Apple accounts. We watched all season long via our own Apple accounts that are within the Family. Much like other things we sometimes opt into - Apple Arcade, Apple TV+, etc.

Edit - I saw Bill replied. You do not need to subscribe to Apple TV+ if you have access to MLS Season Pass. The price for Apple TV+ has increased so much in only a few years. Ugh.

Minnman repped this.
  17. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #342 Bill Archer, Feb 11, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    No, you do not have to subscribe to AppleTV to get the MLS package. We do anyway because we like a lot of the programming.

(If you're not watching Masters of the Air, you suck. My lovely bride doesn't even like TV much and she adored Lessons in Chemistry. Silo, Severance, The Morning Show, a whole bunch of great stuff. I accept that these days getting to watch good stuff is gonna cost money. We dropped Paramount, we get Hulu and Disney free from Verizon and we have Prime anyway, and so splurging on AppleTV doesn't seem like an extravagance.)

You do however pay less for the MLS package if you

LaMacchia and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  18. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh absolutely. You will not hear a negative comment from me about the quality of programming on AppleTV+. I am glad you are thoroughly enjoying the shows. When the first season of Masters of the Air drops entirely, we will re-opt for a month to binge through it.

Also.. MUST-SEE MATCH alert.

[​IMG]

Bill Archer repped this.
  19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you, or anyone else, is interested in a bottom-tier price for Paramount+ with Showtime, here's a very good deal at just $2.50/mo. If you cancel immediately, your year is extended by two months. Champions League and the CBS programming alone make it well worth the cost, IMO. Showtime is just the cherry on top.

20. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Minnman

… looking forward to you enjoying immersive content like:

[​IMG]

… (Thank goodness a downvote option does not exist on here.)

21. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Besides Apple, I think paramount has the best streaming picture quality. It may have one of the worst UIs, but the quality plus the collection of TNG and old Perry Mason make it worth it.

22. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full season and waitlist people get it, but not partial? Thats total bullshit.

23. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    I think the waitlist ($200) you pay 100 for the subscription.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, if I'm intrepreting your post correctly. The $200 waitlist includes the $100 Season Pass, so it's essentially just $100 for some of the season ticket benefits.

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer the new Perry Mason. But that's on Max.