2024 Non-Champions (i.e. Other Teams’) News Thread—Streaming Now on BigSoccer +

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TKyle, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Miami is transferring Gregore to become cap compliant.

3. 96er

96er Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Columbus
    Less than a week out from the opening kick of the season. Now seems a decent time to get a sense of what the rest of the league is looking like, ie spout off my ill informed opinions and predictions. For the East specifically, I believe the top contenders besides Columbus are Miami and Cincinnati, with sleepers Atlanta and New England. Ive seen some people trying to say Miami is a mess, they're over the hill, the roster cant hold up. But come on. Its Messi. Writing his team off in preseason seems foolish. They are going to win a lot of games. For the rest of the playoff field I believe Montreal and Chicago will have bounce back years, Nashville and Philly fall off, and Orlando/NYC/NYRB all scrap around the playoff line. DC and Toronto stay in the basement where they belong.

The West will continue being much worse than the East. Give me Seattle winning it pretty convincingly, and being in the shield race. I think St Louis drops off a cliff. I dont care enough about the rest of the conference to say anything else other than Austin will be absolute dog water again, which is fun.

TyphonInc and Tobias C repped this.
  4. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Orlando signing a DP striker Luis Muriel at age 32 seems like a win now move. A 3 year deal at that and McGuire is back. They play a 4-2-3-1 and have lots of talent and still a major contender to win the East. They also picked up Loderio who will start and an upgrade from Pereyra.

zman31 repped this.
  5. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Cincinnati swapping Mosquera for Robinson should be a smooth transition if he is healthy. I mean I would have like to had Robinson over Camacho any day of the week. Baird for Vazquez is meh but he might gel with the team better mainly paired with Boupendza. Hopefully it backfires for them. They already lost Arias and Barreal is leaving in summer.

Seems to me Orlando is better than FCC

zman31 repped this.
  6. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
  7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kai Wagner is back early due to having "completed the leagues new restorative practices program.

Now, I have nothing but respect for anyone who can sit through whatever that program entails - one can only shudder in horror - but Wagner hasn't been cured of being an asshole.

Wagner received a three-game suspension in November during last season's playoffs after allegations he used a racial slur against New England Revolution forward Bobby Wood. The suspension was supposed to extend one game into this season, but MLS announced Monday that Wagner had completed the league's new restorative practices program.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  8. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Philly brought Wagner & Bedoya back but didn’t really add anyone. They will still be very good with Blake.

9. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Ch(Elsey) and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  10. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I thought he was already going to be done this summer. Anyone know the whole story of what’s going on with this ?

11. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    He held out of camp, showing up last week.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  12. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Guess he wanted to speed up the process

13. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    The Crew broke them. Hate to see it.

TRUJDUB21, zman31 and WhiteHartShame repped this.
  14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kickoff in Ft. Lauderdale and damn that's a good picture quality.

Ch(Elsey) and Kyle Crew repped this.
  16. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Replacement refs paid off by messi so far

17. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MacMath sucks so much lol. How is he STILL a starter in MLS?

Crew96Fan and chr1st repped this.
  18. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal reminds me of Ale Moreno in 08 MLS Cup

19. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Replacement ref has been ok so far. Apparently he’s Spanish, there’s been a couple soft calls, but other than that nothing objectionable.

20. FootyHooligan32

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 26, 2022
    This Audi commercial is gonna make me lose my mind this season, I already know. It’s worse than how will I know

21. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami looks good on the front foot, absolutely snowflake fragile on the back foot. A better team than RSL easily gets a draw tonight, possibly even a win. I didn’t see Suarez sprint once the entire game.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least it isn't GovX, Phil Swift selling FlexWhatever, Kim Kardashian hawking underwear or Kars4Kids.

23. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    RSL stinks

24. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The winger Gomez was absolutely terrible. Black hole with the ball.

zman31 repped this.
  25. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    Watching the game last night made me excited to play them. Based on what I saw from Miami, our attack will absolutely feast on their defense.

The big name guys definitely looked old as well, but they were still able to spring into attack very effectively when they wanted to. Just look at the second goal they scored near the end of the game. Messi actually hit top speed on the break for one of the only times during the game and you saw how deadly he can be. I think they are still working out some kinks in their attack, but will end up being one of the more dangerous attacks once they get going.

Also, Gressel looked bad. Really bad. He was playing more centrally which doesn't suit him very well, but my goodness. He's going to play himself straight to the bench.