Post-match: 2024 Match 1-Columbus (defending league CHAMPION) Crew vs Atlanta (non-champion, bums) United

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by 96er, Feb 13, 2024.

?

Result?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2024.
  1. Win by 2 or more

47.5%
  2. Win by 1

42.4%
  3. Draw

6.8%
  4. Lose by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lose by 2 or more

3.4%
  1. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Not officially just someone saying it’s his ankle in here. Hope that’s all it is

2. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously?
    Lots of Gazans were killed today. As were Ukrainians.
    Dear Nordeke;
    Just cheer. Just do Tifo. We don’t need nor appreciate your wokeness.

TracieB, soccerncbus, TomB and 2 others repped this.
  3. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    I believe the FO/MLS banned a relevant flag about nonbinary/trans youths and so this incident was timely to make a statement about if I'm understanding the machinations here.

4. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    Good decision by the FO/MLS.

TracieB repped this.
  5. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just want to point out: There is no Nordecke Discord.

6. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The moment of silence was posted on all Nordecke social media channels.
    No flags have been banned yet.

TrueCrew repped this.
  7. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What privileges are there to lose? The ability to hang banners and lead chants?

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  8. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a serious issue with this attitude. But whatever, snowflake.

the_rickler repped this.
  9. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Can y’all get back to talking about the game?

TRUJDUB21 and TracieB repped this.
  10. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In what way was it "relevant" as far as supporting the team?

TRUJDUB21, TracieB and soccerncbus repped this.
  11. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting to talk exclusively to the FO, being the de facto fan leaders and decision makers, having elevated social media / traditional platforms to do with what one see fit, etc.

Bill Archer repped this.
  12. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We’re going undefeated, done and dusted. We need other stuff to talk about :D

Ch(Elsey) and the_rickler repped this.
  13. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    In other news...I think I kinda like the new jerseys now.

And JRR had a good game, despite not finishing two great opportunities. He dropped into midfield a lot more than what I've seen in the past and was very effective in doing so.

TRUJDUB21 and Ball Kicker repped this.
  14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first Crewsmas at LDC. What a way to continue a joyous holiday that began (for me) twenty-one years ago with Geeg. Fast forward to 2024, Geeg and I wore matching For Columbus hats in celebration.

Long run-down. (You have been warned?)

Astor Park Garage – What a parking deck. I am thankful pops purchased season passes for that place.

LDC Condados – Great choice for us on Crewsmas. Positive – Everyone at our long table was happy with the food. Negative – I had forgotten my ID, and I was unable to treat my better half with a souvenir margarita (no worries – he had his ID so he bought one). Great moment – Pops asking around the table – “who paid the waitress to tell Chels she does not look old enough? She has a ten-year-old kid right here!” Super awesome moment – Picking up the lunch tab. Looking back, I should have sneakily done it for @RoleModel83 and the two shady characters sitting next to us.

Weather – That was cold. We were not prepared as I would have liked to have been. I should have been better at factoring in the roof. I will do better next time. For the first time ever, we gave in and the younger two were taken to the van around halftime. They streamed the game and had a ball in there. I am thankful I married the best, and he let me enjoy the remainder of the game. Though, we hightailed it out of LDC after Wise Men. I would have loved to have stuck around for the after-game celebration under the Nordecke (what is that called?). My kids loved that last season.

The game – I tried to take in as much of the game as I could. The Cucho goal was lovely. The misses by JRR were not. Lots of offside calls. I hope Farsi is okay. That PK was disappointing. I am not sure why Guzan received the continuous boos. Did he want the Crew to go to Austin, as well?

As for the moment of silence - I am most likely guilty for not being silent (my deepest apologies to anyone I offended). My brain was frazzled, and honestly, when you have kids with you, you are not always aware of what minute it is in the game. Also, I have a secret pact that if I hear @DrunkandDisorderly chanting a random Crew chant, I must join. In all honesty, the pact might be at the level of blood oath.

The attack, attack, attack mentality is still so invigorating. And I love how the guys trust one another. Once you listen to Nancy’s vision, his philosophy, the flow of the game seems to take on another level.

As always, I never see as many of the people I would like to (especially without tailgating). This year’s Crewsmas reminded me of how lucky we were to have tailgated for so many years in the parking lot at HCS. Makes everyone regret the whole paving the lots bitchfest that went on for years.

I did get to chat with Drag during halftime, by chance. He was relegated (or elevated!) to the top of the Nordecke for Crewsmas. We gabbed the entire time about a million things – yes, he saw @Minnman (my thoughts – “Oh you ran into [insert real name]? I have not seen him in five years!). Yes, we talked about tAAAilgate. Which caused Drage to say: "Oh you sound just like @LaMacchia, he said the exact same thing to me (my thoughts – Oh really? Chris and I saying the exact same thing.. no kidding?).

If the fact had not been confirmed at this point, it has now. I created a mini-me in Markus. (You are welcome??)

Exhibit one: While watching the highlights, “I think Crew would have won by two goals if people would have been actually chanting/been louder.”

Exhibit two: Right before bed on Crewsmas, Markus and I were going through the game. I was lamenting the cold, but we were celebrating the experience. The last thing he said to me for the night – “Hey mama, we are still undefeated at LDC.”

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much crap as they were given at the start, I think we can all recognize the benefit of the capo stands and what a hot mess we'd be without them.

The FO could also ban instruments/noisemakers from the section.

16. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Oh what the hell............

Although it was quite clumsy as far as getting everyone singing and swaying together (and that is a VERY big deal to me,) nevertheless -

I freaking LOVED that Wise Men remix!!!!!! I thought it was cool as SHT! Appropriately dark, ominous, imposing, haunting, in our black stadium with the snow flying.

Then again, I'm a dark, twisted fck. But, I am 100% serious on this. I know others hated it.

west ham sandwich and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  17. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious about how easy it was to get out. I have been reluctant to buy the package there because I don't want to get stuck for hours trying to leave, as I have been in other garages after Jackets games.

18. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Kyle Crew - At one point during the game, Geeg said to me - "Looks like the Roweboat has some leaks."

Sad face.

19. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insert Price is Right fail horn

CybrSlydr repped this.
  20. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you insist.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  21. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hours? Oh no. Not bad at all. I would bet if we had stayed for the Nordecke post-game celebration, then it would have been even more of a breeze.

stanger repped this.
  22. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I parked there for MLS Cup. Doesn't get more traffic than that. Blew out of there like crap through a goose because you don't go back east through the arena district.

stanger and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  23. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey. Speaking of banners, I meant to ask this question last week. Was the Nordecke's invitation to help hang banners limited to Crewsmas?

It might sound silly, but my kiddos would revel in helping out at a time that is not 8 am and is not below 20 degrees at that time. For instance - at the 2023 Meet the Team event, I knew for sure that Markus would love it. Guess who loved it as well? My girl. She took getting autographs very seriously. You can see it in the photos. It was out-of-this-world precious. Especially because she is fairly indifferent to all-things-Crew - hence why I promise cotton candy at every trip to LDC.

24. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and no:

Banner hanging is always open to whoever and takes place on each and very home matchday. BUT for Saturday games it's always at 9am. Weekday/Sunday games may have different times, but it's always hours before gates open for the match.

25. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfect. Thanks for the info.