2024 Concacaf Champions Cup

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by cleazer, Dec 10, 2023.

1. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What happened to BC Place?

2. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
  3. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw part of the Houston game. I'm really not sure that first goal should have been disallowed.

5. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    St Louis defense isn’t that great but their GK is very good. They did get better at rb with Toluca or whatever his name is. But set pieces would definitely concern me if STL advances.

I watched the whole game but fell asleep so didn’t watch Philly unfortunately

6. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Philly drops off this year.

Tobias C and zman31 repped this.
  7. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glesnes with an all time howler of an OG

8. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Fell asleep watching New England last night

1-0 win for them and 3-0 for Orlando

Orlando v Tigres will be a great match up

9. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    How far?

10. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Well Cincinnati finally score right before halftime off of a throw in. They were the far better side but not lethal. Boupa has a visa issue, so Santos and Baird started up top. Koba at RWB and an MLSNP bench player at LWB. They played a little more Crew like tonight. Moreno's replacement looks like an upgrade, and I'm not saying that just based on the opposition.

Cavalier would have been better if their defenders didn't misjudge every header and had more composure when clearing the ball.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  11. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I watched 2nd half after the Ohio St gm. Jamaican team was horrible for the most part but they couldn’t keep possession and wore themselves out. Not impressed with FCC w/o Boupenza

12. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    #87 TRUJDUB21, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    March will be welcome to schedule congestion!

Definitely wouldn’t play Farsi @minnesota on 3/2 but just how much squad rotation do we use ? I’m going to guess not much. Probably start healthy starters and then who we sub out and when might be because we travel to St Louis or Houston and play on 3 days rest. Good thing is both the other teams are in similar situations with home games on 3/2

The game we might see a lot of rotation is 3/9 @chicago. Unless we get thrashed in the away leg I think we will see certain players get rest more than we will see for first leg. Just because it will be the 4th game in 11 days.

23 players looks like a mistake but if Farsi is healthy it should be a non issue. Arfsten was lost defensively and based of Nancy’s preseason comments I don’t think we will see Hinestroza rushed into it. Learning a new system is difficult and multiple positions is even harder. Zawadzki or Matan at RWB are the best options to me but Sands & or Yeboah could work. Maybe Arfsten will get more comfortable but he lacks recovery speed on top of bad positioning. He looked better passing and going forward. Also will depend on our opponents and what kind of players they have attacking us down their left ( our right ) side of the pitch.

Bez & Nancy must not see an available RWB worth getting but i sure hope it’s in the plans for the summer. This entire scenario was my worst fear when looking at the roster make up. I hope I’m way off and it’s a non factor. With Hughes on loan I think we also add another CB at some point. Also if we add Jarne Stickers in the summer does that mean Matan is done? Would love someone to ask why we are letting him play on an expiring contract. I just don’t see how a contract extension would affect his u22 status for this season.

13. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    #88 Paul171121, Feb 27, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    Orlando advanced.

Philly blew a 3 goal lead. The lack of prime age players is showing. The older brother of the next Messi looks good. Might be going to ET if Philly survives. Carranza looked like he pulled a hamstring. Well Philly just got CONCACAF'd straight red.

Houston lineup looks like they are giving up. St. Louis with their suspicious looking Brasilian striker and Burki look ready to come to columbus.

14. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Philly scores a goal a man down in ET and survives a crazy goal mouth sequence. Amazing game.

Ball Kicker and TrueCrew repped this.
  15. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That commentator might give Sika a run for his money.

16. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    To Houston we go

Ball Kicker, TrueCrew and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  17. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I fell asleep watching the Philly. I plan to watch the Houston gm today.

I’m excited about CONCAF hoping we beat Houston to set up a Orlando or Tigres match up

18. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we've had issues playing Houston, but I do prefer this pairing to playing St. Louis. Looks like they have some player availability issues, too. Houston plays NYRB at home this weekend. We'll be the heavy favorites to go through, but you actually need to get the deed done.

TrueCrew and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  19. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I’d rather play St. Louis they got a bunch of injuries on the back line ( 3CB hurt) but I like Houston weather better myself , idk if the players all agree. JRR mentioned he preferred STL weather.

Paul171121 repped this.
  20. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For March 6, I don't think weather will be an issue. Forecast in St. Louis is a high of 65. In Houston, it's 75.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  21. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Maybe sika needs a one man booth. I loved the guy last night. Twitter is having fun with him today.

eboe and soccerncbus repped this.
  22. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Such a huge game with Houston. Going to be a exciting month!

23. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I caught a minute of New England playing tonight. Have there been any discussions recently of them getting a SSS?

24. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Held up in the state legislature. They need some land redesigned plus something like 20 million in infrastructure costs or something like that. Would be in Everett.

puttputtfc repped this.
  25. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Meant to say re-designated. Think it's an old power plant or something. I'm too lazy to Google right now.