2023 player moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by lil_one, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Other teams probably doing the same.

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    uuhhh have you looked at other teams' rosters? They're almost entirely WWC-bound players in their starting XI attacks. NWSL starting XIs in general are largely depleted for international windows - that's why NWSL respecting international windows or not has always been a huge issue. HOU is far and away looking like the outlier here.

blissett repped this.
  3. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Why not Angel FC besides Houston? You have Press, Sydney, Alyssa Thompson? Or Current with Sam Mewis, Kristen Hamilton or Gautrat? I mean they have the depth to handle some missing players. And I haven't even mentioned Portland.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With Ellen White retirement, Beth Mead’s ACL & current #1 striker, Russo, being so injury prone. I don’t see why Salmon wouldn’t make the English WC squad
    Wiegman’s turned into more cat n mouse/ruse-opponents-out of their-defenses & then quickly counter, Salmon’s lightning speed is made-to-order for that

Klingo3034 repped this.
  5. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    #55 ytrs, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    Gotham is also pretty protected. The only sure US losses for the World Cup are K Mewis and O'Hara. Lynn Williams and Purce could make it, but likely only 1, not both, since they play the same position. They will also lose Ifeoma Onumonu (Nigeria).

Klingo3034 repped this.
  6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    breaking news; Courage just lost rising Japanese star Nagano to Liverpool. What the heck’s going on in NC?

7. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    She only played half a season with them. She was only signed in July through the 2022 season with an option for 2023.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Angel City, maybe. But your "other teams are probably doing the same" (emphasis added) implies it's a common strategy, when it's definitely not. Like for KC, Mewis and Gautrat are both actively in the USWNT player pool, and even in LA, Thompson might be breaking into the mix soon. As mentioned, NJ has KMew, Williams, Purce, and also Ife for Nigeria. That's a lot of turnover to manage when NTs call.

Depth isn't the issue I was getting at - consistency is. Most NWSL teams lose their offense during international windows. Portland in particular embodies what I was talking about - they're going to lose most of their starting lineup to international duty. Depth can help them deal with that, yes, but that's always going to be a gamble.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #59 hotjam2, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    Here's just an 'rumour' but(none name mentioned)NWSL club going after arguably France's best player., Diani. Don't follow French soccer much accept that they got an despised NT coach & that several of their clubs have pulled back their finances(whch is the opposite what's about happening in the rest of Europe). Diani supposedly had an $400K an year contract with PSG(now don't want renew that expensive contract?) But i say never underestimate the French, if there's anybody that going to produce the female equivelant of Mbappe, it will be them!
    325579302_118717044440093_5338036255656415622_n.jpg

10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Even with Gunny leaving, NWSL won't be without Icelandic representation: Svava is heading to the Big Apple

kolabear and Klingo3034 repped this.
  12. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Klingo3034 repped this.
  13. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018