2023 Crew Ticket Exchange

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by SLSHOT01, Jan 25, 2023.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are low enough that we'll be looking thru the net. So, we'll see (for example, Clippers games are tough with the netting all around, though I've gone upstairs when it is open). Your other points are right on target though. I recall shooting Xoggz games from just to the side of the net. It was really awesome.

Jaybir repped this.
  2. SOCrew1

SOCrew1 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 5, 2023
    I struck out. There was very little inventory. Mostly $200+ seats that I saw. Each time I selected seats I was later told the seats were no longer available.

3. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also started to try to do that after a few minutes. Didn't do 'nutin'

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will not rule out sheer luck as a factor.

5. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, if I had ever gotten through to the point I could see the fees and then canceled the sale to look for cheaper option or something, then I would probably chalk it up to kicking myself for being stupid. But I literally never got that far. I also went well above my original break point attempting to get tickets.

If people who opted in for the playoff strip were supposed to get priority, i just don't see how that happened.

I will probably not opt in for the strip in the future after this.

I'm not being hyperbolic and saying I won't be a fan, or I won't buy tickets, but the strip provided zero benefit to me this season except to lose money.

6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. That seems to be what Geeg experienced. Nearly felt like the experience with bots.

Bill Archer repped this.
  7. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This whole process has sucked. I am sorry.

8. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Applebees waitress tells me that Bez was beyond pissed yesterday as all of the MLS incompetence came to light, and that he and HSG made it a very unpleasant day to at MLS HQ.

KCbus, MLSinCleveland, foozer and 14 others repped this.
  9. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love you too, Bill.

I can't speak for any other board members, but I've spent a large part of the past 24 hours advocating for every Crew fan, regardless of seat location or Nordecke membership status.

KCbus, Kryptonite, hangthadj and 7 others repped this.
  10. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    The gouge from the scalper is bad enough but the service fees are ridiculous when buying from SeatGeek. A ticket already marked up to $297 came with over a hundred bucks of service and "convenience" fees. It was a 39% markup.

Imagine if Atlanta was hosting, does anyone think the markups would be similar? Or would they just price it to try to fill the place?

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's more on the media, as the Nordecke is so visible and makes for better TV. The average fan -- isn't. It's like showing the crazy student section at a college game....

12. shoplifter

shoplifter Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On top of that, using the Nordecke as the example was the *easiest* way to prove something truly underhanded had occurred. Seeing blocks of 12+ tickets for sale there made it glaringly obvious.

Paul171121 and TKyle repped this.
  13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #813 Bill Archer, Dec 5, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    Ah, I love you man. Pull on a frilly frock and I'd do you.

I should have excluded you from that statement. My apologies. I obviously know that you have e tensile contact well beyond the confines of the north end.

That said, you cannot tell me that there isn't a substantial subset of the Nordecke who seem to feel that it's all about them. Can you?

He'll, that fan liason guy, whoever he is and whatever he's called, how much interaction does the Nordecke leadership have with him compared to everyone else? 90%? 95?

In any case, I'd ask you to read the Arace piece and tell me where it is he expresses much of any concern about anyone other the the Nordecke.

And that woman that he extensively quotes (I assume that you know her) had nothing to say about anything except all the wonderful contributions of. the Nordecke, with nary a word about the other 18,000 people in the stadium, all of whom shell out a whole shit ton more money for their seats than she does.

all I'm saying. No offense intended.

TracieB and soccerncbus repped this.
  14. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Hanlon's razor

MLSinCleveland and Bill Archer repped this.
  15. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sooo, I managed to get a non-Nordecke ticket this morning (Section 240, not my preference but at least I have a real ticket I'm confident will work when I scan it on Saturday).

But when I was desperate yesterday, I paid $300+ for second hand off VividSeats.com. I haven't seen many people post about getting their ticket from Vivid, but for anyone who did: I just spoke to customer service who confirmed my ticket is real... well, she said my ticket is "confirmed", which I already know because my order says "confirmed"... so, I'm not really sure she understood the issue I was trying to explain about the sponsor code debacle. But she unequivocally told me my ticket would not be voided or canceled.

I'm ALSO still in the damn Nordecke lottery for tonight. How god damn stupid is this whole thing if I somehow turn out to have three tickets by tonight!? (I only really needed one)

16. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that stupid..

I think it was the last US-Mexico in Columbus, Geeg somehow had a ridiculous amount of supporters tickets from various lotteries.

I am hoping people on here are able to help each other out as others have said.

stanger, TKyle and hudson hooligan repped this.
  17. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Hoping I have one or two to commit. You all will be where I go.

18. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I end up with three tickets, I'm going to try to bring some friends. If they can't make it and I'm left with extras that won't be used, I am coming right back to this forum to offer them up first come, first serve. I don't trust reddit or anywhere else to offer tickets to potential scalper bastards. I know where real Crew fans are (here or at Applebee's).

Pauncho, zman31, Kyle Crew and 3 others repped this.
  19. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    And just to piss Bill off more...

TracieB, Bill Archer, TrueCrew and 2 others repped this.
  20. SimonKenton’sRevenge

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Feb 26, 2020
    In my rush to assuage my fear that the seat geek tickets I bought yesterday after being shut out would not be invalidated, I picked up two more this morning.

So I have two tix in 240. I just want to break even, or close to it, on what I paid to get them. Anyone interested send me a PM. TM tells me they won’t be recalled.

21. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have known it was bots. I was too tired in the moment to connect the dots.

Where was Wario64 this time?

shoplifter repped this.
  22. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to believe you. But if that were true you would gave argued to not have a special allotment of tickets just for Nordecke. Yet, instead, the Nordecke apparently got a larger allotment of tickets at the expense of other fans.

Bill Archer repped this.
  23. shoplifter

shoplifter Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasting time on NeoGAF

24. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    I wonder if that allotment was:
    • Reserved for the general public;
    • Reserved for the OSU DTix program which is running its own lottery for $40 tickets;
    • Edit: or more bot tickets discovered; or
    • Reserved for the FO who were planning on dishing out the tickets to TikTokers like Sir Yacht.
    I swear if Sir Yacht gets a ticket that he didn't buy through resale.

25. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I rest my case.