2023 Asian Cup

Discussion in 'Korea' started by poebae, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

If we made it to the finals and lost, I think more blame would've been on the ref instead of Jung and Klinsmann. We wouldn't have forgotten about the problems with Jung and Klinsmann, but a significant proportion of the fans might've lost focus on them. The mainstream media wouldn't have touched the issue at all. In a sad way, it's good that our team lost to Jordan.

He thinks that we're going to forget and he could go on doing his thing. It seems that only someone higher up, such as the president of Korea, can kick Jung out. Whether the president would do this is another question. As far as I remember, no one was punished for the K-League rigging scandal. There are corruption issues in the KFA that he could start investigations on.

Pacman 3rd Time repped this.
  2. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    U missed my phrase "with a good manager".

I just can't believe CMG has been elected 3 times as the president and he's now planning to get elected again next year. And yet these idiots at KFA are doing nothing. They are supporting him instead.

3. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think a good manager would've still faced pressure by Jung and the KFA. One of the reasons why Klinsmann was chosen was because Jung knew that he can get his way with him. For a long time, I've been suspecting that a lot of the odd decisions made by Klinsmann and some of the previous managers were actually Jung's/KFA's decisions. It's interesting to note that two of the defenders who played horribly are from the Ulsan Hyundai team. There are much better defenders in the K-League. I doubt that Klinsmann chose the K-League players since he doesn't pay enough attention (if any) to this league. Klinsmann has issues, but it is Chung who's taking advantage of these issues.

doraemon repped this.
  4. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    Guys... I'm not a K-League follower but more and more I look into Gwangju FC manager Lee Jung Hyo... I'm sold...

- young
    - student of the game
    - great tactical mind
    - incredibly hard worker
    - ambitious
    - confident

Achieved much at Gwangju with smallest budget in K-League 1...

KNTfan and Tazza repped this.
  5. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I don't get why a 청문회 hasn't been scheduled yet. Literally everyone in Korea is super pissed, and it's free brownie points for whichever party can grill Jung Mong Gyu the hardest. I hope we see one soon with elections coming up soon.

Only reason I see politicians avoiding this is if they get backlash from the Hyundai family. But rumors are that the Hyundai family are pretty pissed about all of this too and the negative PR.

I would love him as a manger too, but I really don't want to see another young Korean manager's career get ruined if the current KFA structure remains the same

Pacman 3rd Time and k_c_n_y_t repped this.
  6. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    I would hope so, die hard Korean soccer fans should say they will only buy Toyota and Honda cars from now on lol

Tazza repped this.
  7. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Any one of these 5 managers would have been so much better

Rumor is that Jung Mong Gyu wanted Klinsmann for his ties to FIFA so he could get a cushy position there (Jung Mong Joon was a FIFA 부회장). Jung Mong Gyu's been getting beat by people like the Mongolian FA chairman for low level AFC positions LOL

Also saw someone post about how there was a fight between players at the Asian Cup... it's all a psyop smear campaign by Jung Mong Gyu to put blame on the players instead of the real culprits (himself).

Darkvoid531, Pacman 3rd Time and nmssis repped this.
  8. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You guys know that it's against FIFA regulations for governments to interfere in the running of FAs, right?

9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Klinsmann already left for US. So he's not even attending the meeting with KFA. What a fking joke.

10. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014

What a weirdly stated thought....this is exactly the type of echo chamber fodder Im completely against

IMO The players were at least 60% (being generous) accountable for some of the bushe leauge skill I saw during the tourney and thats just default.

I can totally see why people here are unhappy with him for tactics and getting the best out of players but I also think some of you need to get a grip.

11. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    If you were able to read or speak Korean, you'd know what the public reaction to that article was.

And yeah, the players didn't play well. But I don't think any player would do well if they had to only train for 2 weeks in a hotel gym (WITHOUT A FOOTBALL PITCH) with the general public / not given any tactical directions

12. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Which players are we talking about?

13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016

KFA does not even know Klinsmann's schedule for the next few weeks. What a shit show this is

Darkvoid531 repped this.
  14. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    The best managers are managing clubs. They don't want to manage a national team that get together once every several weeks for meaningless friendlies and only play in important trourneys once every couple of years.

15. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    With the right pay, this sounds like a dream job for those managers who don't want the day to day of a grueling season... but still want to manage and still get high level exposure...

16. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    I need to take Klinsmann to my next job offer negotiations...
    He works where he wants, how much he wants, his bosses don't know what he's up to, he can't get fired (without a huge sum paid), he comes and go whenever he wants to...

Goal!!, Kanuck and seolseol repped this.
  17. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Apparently Jurgen wanted to fly straight to LA after the loss, but KFA begged him to come back to Korea. D*ck left straight away after. I’m sure the people at the KFA as much as we don’t like them, probably didn’t like they had to go lengths such as begging for him to come back to Korea. So maybe those inside wants him gone, as well. The KFA are gonna have a meeting to assess the AC without Klinsmann and Jung Mong Gyu, and maybe deliberate on potential sacking. Michael Muller didn’t like the hiring and he’s gonna help lead the meeting, so hopefully he will lead the charge of Jurgen’s sacking. The chances of Jurgen still staying on is likely, but now there is a chance of him gone. Odds aren’t in our favor, but it’s better than zero

18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    CMG will not attend this week's meeting at KFA. Apparently many ppl inside KFA are also outraged.

19. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hopefully the beginning of the end.

20. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    he has a home in LA right? hmm

21. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Because of our superstars, probably for the first time, our run in Qatar was more widely watched in Europe. There was neutral & non KNT supporting interest in our team where previously most neutrals and Spurs fans might have kept an eye on SHM only. Truth be told, JPN have been the star team of the tournament and more widely followed in recent yrs but when prominent YT'ers like Thogden, Expressions and AFTV Robbie are showing up to film at the tournament it's the height of AFC in terms of outreach into Club Football. Major press outlets all covered it as well.

All that being said, the resounding coverage of the KNT from the vast majority of the serious football pundits (not YT'ers) and even in Germany was: Jurgen WTF are you doing? You have all this talent at your disposal and you didn't set up your team to take advantage of it. Well coached teams have patterns of play that are drilled into them with rep after rep on the practice pitch to address scenarios, danger players and danger situations. Or conversely, when a dead ball is in our favour, how to use it to our advantage. With Bento and his staff, you saw this. We would even run screens for LKI to give him a little more time on the ball. But we all know, we got none of this from Klinsmann.

I love him and his father. I truly love Duri and his Dad is a deity in my family but what was their role in all this? Is it clearer now? And why was Duri not able to advocate more for our players?

The sooner we move on from JK the better

hodoriman repped this.
  22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The chair, JMG will not attend the meeting at KFA today...because he really cares

23. KNTfan

KNTfan New Member

Feb 6, 2024
    Isn't Michael Muller one of the reason why we hire Jurgen in the first place?

24. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    I think he actually preferred Roberto Moreno, and then CMG stepped in and hired Klinsmann. Cause I think it was Muller’s job to find managerial candidates and CMG just overrode everything.

Pacman 3rd Time and nmssis repped this.
  25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I heard that Muller was against it