2023 All Star Game

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by PSURoss, Jun 17, 2022.

1. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Goff reporting that we'll get it next year

Hopefully STHs get first crack and seats aren't too unreasonable.

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  2. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    wasn't that the summer with tremendous heat and no rain -

and then 30 minutes into the game the monsoons came ?

fatbastard, sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  3. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Yep, crazy rain.

I’m sure season ticket holders will have a 1% discount.

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  4. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh. Consolation prize for the failed DC/Bmore WC bid. Which was the right call. A game at FedEx would be horrible and having it in Baltimore but a “giant watch party” in DC was a dumb way to try to ‘share’ the bid.

PSURoss and John L repped this.
  5. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So MLS thinks a 20,000 seat stadium is adequate for the All-Star game? That's surprising to me...

6. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    MNUFC fans on Reddit were complaining about paying right around double their STH price which would put it right on par with what the Bayern game was going to cost us with the discount.

I wonder if that Bayern game is as sold out as Ticketmaster lets on. There aren't many good seats to be had, yet every time I've needed seats for an upgrade or to bring a friend, my rep always seems to come up with them.

7. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    All Star games are an affront to Nature. Hard pass.

8. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    there's not really a bad seat in the house anymore... a quick review of tikatDicktator shows about 1,400 original sale seats available, when adding in verified resale it jumps to a little more than double that. I wouldnt put it past leviathan to hold back original sale seats to drive the "dynamic pricing" scheme but that would be a pretty despicable practice. We will see if they announce "newly released seats now available..."

Considering we played our C- team (if jersey numbers when into 3 digits we probably would have used those players, too!) when an actual trophy was on the line, what's the over under on whether we use more than six 1st team players against BM's C team.....?

DCU is selling seats in 126 for $160++ (double the price they offered us) while resale seats are listed for $200-$300++.

strangely, I do not see any tickets on craigslist.

Winoman repped this.
  9. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    a pre-sale access notice just received from the sales dept for STH to get All star tickets. Similar to the bm tix, I expect these to be 2x regular season. But this should be an excellent re-sale opportunity considering the size of Eaglebank Arena East.

The 2023 Major League Soccer All-Star Game is coming to Audi Field! All 2023 D.C. United Season Ticket Members will have the chance to access to the MLS All-Star Game priority pre-sale.

More details to come regarding on-sale times and how to secure your seats for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game. We look forward to seeing you Saturday, June 25 at our match against Nashville SC!

10. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I wonder if they'll bundle in the extra events to the ticket price, like the skills contest and an open practice or something.

I am sure the resale opportunity will be lucrative with 4 playoff teams well within driving distance and Atlanta fans always travel well and have an easy flight up here.

11. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Zero DC players worthy of the event. Can't we host it when we deserve it?

12. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should all live that long! :thumbsup:

dadman, Alejandro 10, MattR and 2 others repped this.
  13. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Meh. I also find all all-star games to be a waste of time.

14. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    2012 we had DeRo and Pontius representing and Pontius was MVP. At least they represented the team and we could feel a semblance of happiness.

dadman, Alejandro 10 and Winoman repped this.
  15. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Commissioner Pick: Talon

song219, PSURoss and Winoman repped this.
  16. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    Last night local TV Channel 9 had a 20sec piece with video advertising that DCU was awarded the game. But halfway through the piece, the video went from shots of Eaglebank Arena East (EAE) and DCU players to a shot inside of a soccer stadium proudly showing off its "brew club." Because of the yellow color accents in that shot I am guessing it's the Cowlumbus Stadium. Then it switched back to a shot of EAE. It seems to me the news folks got that video piece entirely from DCU but maybe MLS/NY. Um, way to go advertising department?

Winoman repped this.
  17. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    In another sign of the times, this afternoon on the KoJo Show (WAMU) they interviewed the Mayor of DC. They began talking about RFK site and a new stadium for the deadskins. She mentioned how proud she was that she helped get EAE built - "because DC is a world city and a world city needs to have the world's game. We got that done because thats what big time city's do." Then with barely a breath in between she followed that up with "But because we dont have a decent soccer stadium we didn't get the WC26."

I LOL'd so much I almost hit the car in front me....

Alejandro 10, PSURoss, GlennAA11 and 3 others repped this.
  18. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    all the WC venues are NFL stadiums

19. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    not quite all of them. But all of the ones in the USA

Alejandro 10 and Winoman repped this.
  20. usadcu

usadcu Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    ASG tickets available to STMs today. Prices are...steep!

21. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've already gone up for Ticketmaster offered tickets than they were when I bought mine first thing when the window was open, too. Cheapest to get in the door last time I looked was $134, and that was for the supporters' sections!

22. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    High pricing doesn't surprise me at all and honestly, I am ok with it. This isn't a football match, this is pure entertainment. Now one could argue if it is U2 or Rolling Stones level entertainment or Red Room at the Black Cat level entertainment. MLS seems to think it is Bruce Springsteen judging from the price...

23. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    well, at this moment the lowest priced single ticket avail on tikatDICKtater is $361.85 in sec 118. Seats in my regular section 126 are now starting at $806.

thats pretty crazy.

24. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    and thus the real reason MLS got rid of East vs West All-Star games. No ones paying these prices to see MLS all-Stars play each other.

25. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I paid $209 face value ($219 without the STH discount) in section 127 when the STH presale hit last week.

Paul Tenorio tweeted that the cheapest tickets in the supporters' section this morning were $254; someone else posted a picture showing they were $275.

The price fluctuations on ticket from Ticketmaster itself (not even resellers) was crazy. It made the STH discount become worth a lot more than $10 at the end of the day.

Alejandro 10, sitruc and Winoman repped this.