2023-24 DFB-Pokal Round of 16: VfB Stuttgart vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Dec 5, 2023.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Based on our previous Bundesliga match, I'm afraid we're headed for another early exit. Stuttgart are on fire.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  2. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    The Weaselkuk strikes again!
    https://www.getfootballnewsgermany....rzic-and-sebastian-kehl-at-borussia-dortmund/

Just imagine how toxic it must be to work in an environment like this?
    over my life i have come to realise that the more people try to tailor an image to the public, as being a do gooder, the more they are trying to hide aspects of their shadow that are anything but. Sure makes for great reading "Sustainability Reports" though !

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kobel
    Wolf Hummels Schlotterbeck Ryerson
    Özcan Can Sabitzer
    Adeyemi Moukoko Bynoe-Gittens

Terzic goes for the more defensive midfield and full speed in offense after we had a really bad game in our last encounter against them. Will we get dominated again?

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We are second best again, Sabitzer just hit the bar though.
    Generally, it looks like our gameplan only consists of two ideas:
    - Try to score a goal with counter attacks
    - If that fails, survive until the penalty shootout

5. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    we are parking the bus against Stuttgart. If I had said that just a year ago, I would have been called crazy.

6. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kobel is keeping us in the game with many important good saves. We do not seem very good at parking the bus...

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A few times we had the chance to punish them for their aggressive pressing but we aren't lethal in those situations.
    It also doesn't help that besides losing Moukoko early, a couple of other players seem to have some issues.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Stuttgart. Let's keep it respectable lol.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  9. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Amateurish by us. Playing without any effort.

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bynoe-Gittens scores but it was offside. He should have been just a bit more patient. He would have still been completely free.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  11. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He just got too excited and went too far and got offside... That is sad because it was our best chance to tie it up. It looks more likely it will be 2-0 then 1-1 now...

hava repped this.
  12. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now they are parking the bus!! And they look much better at it then we did...

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  14. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Called it... We are out!!

15. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It feels like I'm watching Bayern vs Mainz, it's not even close!! Guess who we are...

16. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    NGL, I hope that by the end of the season we barely secure a Europa League spot. Maybe that's the thing that finally pushes Watzke to step down.

astrophyz repped this.
  17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This is embarrassing. We are definitely not one of the top 4 teams.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  18. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Watzke raus!

BVBFNM repped this.
  19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What's worse, some cannot even be bothered to give everything anymore. Some players just give up or don't make runs. No desire to turn it around, no pride wearing the shirt. There were only a few minutes of fighting after the 1:0 but then nothing anymore. A bad approach from the start to these last 2 games and a bad attitude today. Maybe Terzic tried a kind of football that simply doesn't suit us.

Can worked a lot and did his best to fill the holes and I like Füllkrug as a team oriented striker who could have set up some goals if the players around him were making better decisions. But otherwise it's astonishing how far away we are from the top teams. Those other teams don't only play better and considerably more attractive football, they also work so much better as a collective.

BVBFNM repped this.
  20. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I also noticed that and was wondering if it's the midweek or just the fact that they are not as convinced by the coach, the approach. I am trying to put myself in their shoes: I would be very uninspired if, in the season after we finish 2nd on goal difference, I am parking the bus against Stuttgart, and the team just brought in Nmecha, Sabitzer and Fulkrug. They are OK players, but not the ones you get to take the next step and win the championship. That's why Watzke needs to leave.

BVBFNM and hava repped this.
  21. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Also, it's not the first game I see that. I can't remember which other game in the last 2-3 games the players seemed to give up, but we somehow managed to get a result.

BVBFNM repped this.
  22. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    If it weren't for Kobel, this team would be in the relegation zone.
    That's how embarrassing this team is.

So we shipped Guerreiro and Dahoud, our only 2 transition players for Sabitzer, Nmecha, and Bensabaini... whom while being decent players, none of whom can transition. Ryerson injury looked bad, Wolf is out of form... so our only available wing backs are said Wolf, and a Bensabaini terzic does not trust. If you had a 4th wing back, it would have taken the stress off of Ryerson who has played pretty much every fuking game for ages now, and so would not see him injured. If you are that exhausted, you don't have the energy to land correctly, and so put yourself in injuries way.

This club is a fuking joke. I have been saying it from the beginning, 'oh but at least we are second place', 'oh it's because of Watzke who saved the club'... Watzke didn't save sh.t, it was Klopp that saved this club, and Watzke has been riding the coat tails of that success ever since that penny fuchster motha fuka!

Well, enjoy it guys, next week they will win a game, and everybody will get collective amnesia, but this is the culmination of a decades long decline instantiated by utter mismanagement on the part of the Weaselkuk. Does someone have a suitcase? Please ship it to Dortmund headquarters, this clown can't get the fuk out soon enough!

astrophyz and BVBFNM repped this.