2022 World Cup Qualifying - Mexico vs Canada, October 7th, 2021

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Regulus Tera, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He looks cool AF in this pic...

LGRod and Mr. P Mosh repped this.
  2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    What are you talking about my take? You can't comprehend it because you are the typical embodiment of the most ignorant Mexican fan. You talk in dumb absolutes because you can comprehend otherwise. It why you can say something as stupid as "20 Dt's later" WTF does that mean? Manuel Lapuente was a coach, Ricardo Lavolpe another, Chepo de la Torre another and Miguel Herrera another. Every one of those tenures was different, the firing were different, the guys behind the decisions were different etc etc. Grouping all of them is idiotic and then you give the worst example in Chepo de la Torre to discuss god knows what. De La Torre was held too long because the dumb mentality of giving time to a "proceso" as if a proceso was good by itself and not who leads it. It ended up with us losing against Azteca in Honduras and digging a bigger hole all because we couldn't fire a guy who had lost it because "proceso".

Besides the insane concept of coaches being a "external factor" when did I said the players have no accountability just because I follow what you kind of also spouted that if a team is more talented and twice suffers against a certain team who has a better plan, then it's not about talent. But like I said you're like those typical bad mexican fans who are either too dumb or too lazy to know that every situation has to be evaluated and instead just repeats what the bad talking heads, who have made their bread and butter in just blaming things in the most basic way.

3. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002
    #353 CANPRO, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    The Concacaf Champions League has really helped our players dismantle the mystique of the Azteca. Jonathan Osorio has played big games and scored there before with his club team. It’s no surprise he scored for Canada, he loves playing there.

It’s not the 90’s anymore where our players see this intimidating place once every few years. Our players get tons of exposure to playing in Central America now in MLS.

I think it will be harder for the Mexican team playing in Edmonton in November than it is for Canada at the Azteca. The weather can be absolutely brutal in the Canadian Prairies in November. I don’t know how any opposition can prepare for the conditions. Maybe they get lucky and it's 5 degrees Celsius, but maybe instead it's also -10c and snowing and windy. The Canadian players and their fans will embrace these conditions as a spectacle even if our players don't usually play in these conditions.

Robertinho21 and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  4. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Edmonton Elks weather...

Dang gonna be tough.

Kaney and LGRod repped this.
  5. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Imagine caring so much about a game against Canada early in qualifiers tht you take the time to multi quote a person and write a screed with multiple paragraphs about how wrong someone is.

I want puros guapos on my national team. Puros Arteagas chingao.

beat junky, LaMascara, Serg33 and 4 others repped this.
  6. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Longest of replies..

Someone gotta put in the work..

Lol..

DGreat, LaMascara, Serg33 and 2 others repped this.
  7. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Si, y que se mueran los feos toditos...

LGRod and Sanchito repped this.
  8. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    The polémica is not gonna generate itself bops...

LGRod, Kaney and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  9. justink

justink Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Azteca also sold its soul to the NFL. Replacing 20k seats near the pitch with high end roller seats has made it like playing in the Star Wars Galactic Senate building of floating platforms.

LGRod, ShockMaster, AMLO2018 and 3 others repped this.
  10. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Poor Chucky.

LGRod repped this.
  11. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    jvecpTX6P_el.jpg

12. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's been a long time since Azteca adds more pressure to Mexico than the opposing team. At least since the Chepo era.

It has the altitude and nothing else. Not even the heat because of the time they play. I might say that while Mexico City is not that hot, the sun there feels different, never understood it until I went to a Pumas game, and even as a fan it burns more than Monterrey at 40°C.

We need a change, maybe Monterrey or Guadalajara. Even Pachuca or Toluca if they want to have the altitude advantage, but Azteca and the people that go there don't help the team anymore.

13. El Verde

El Verde Member+

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Is the altitude even helpful anymore? Many players don’t play in Mexico anymore.

Sanchito, LGRod and Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  14. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    Nah if anything we look worst because most teams have more speed than us. Kinda backfires at this point when you factor in fatigue. The altitude used to negate the pressing aspect of our opponents.

LGRod repped this.
  15. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Nah, the younger generation doesn't about care about futbol as much or creating a hostile environment because "they'll get in trouble"

Canada will never be subjected to an environment like this ever

16. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #366 LGRod, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    [​IMG]
    @Sanchito be like
    [​IMG]

Kaney, DGreat, Sanchito and 1 other person repped this.
  17. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Suuuuuure,,,,

Sanchito. ;)

18. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I love him.

19. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Por lo que le hace a tu cueva.

Kaney repped this.
  20. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Agua? Ha huevo...nos dio un campeonato.

Kaney, DGreat, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.