2022 World Cup Qatar: FINAL - Argentina vs. France

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just think, we would've won the World Cup in USA if not for that, which would've been a huge platform for Messi and Argentina the way 1994 was for Brazil (hence all the Brazil fanboys we see here til today). Then again maybe the winter timing was helpful.

2. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow

Christina99, SupaMario, afar and 5 others repped this.
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Higuain misses againts Germany 2014 & Chile 2016 were at the same minutes...:rolleyes:

soul24rage repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nacimos para sufrir

SupaMario, soul24rage and Burr repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This thread will never die.

Yea Montiel... that's it! his shot won us the WC!

Christina99, aerez and ganapordiego repped this.
  7. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t know how many times I’ve watched the shootout but I’ll say this, watch it with headphones. The roar from the fans when Montiel scored his penalty will give you goosebumps and tears will flow.

9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Part of it that made it a 100x more special was the constant heartbreak for the past 36 years.

Especially the 3 finals lost in 14, 15, 16. I was in tears after the 90 WC final as well.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Absolutely. I mentioned it that day that the victory was more a release than sheer jubilance. It took some time for that sign of relief to go away(partly) and the joy to kick in. The amount of stress and suffering we all went through from the first game till the end was something to behold.

I also think I’m glad I saw them win it as an adult. If I was a teenager or a kid, I would surely think it would be great but waiting after all these years is something I’ll treasure for a lifetime (Granted I was born in 84 and we won it in 86 but you know what I mean).

But I’ll tell you what, I want number four. We are taking the proper steps to reach that sooner than later.

Personally, I’m still waiting for 7-8 part Last Dance type documentary to take place . I’ll wait 2-3 years for it if they can do it in that manner(Where it will take time for interviews to happen and add and edit unseen footage).

Christina99, soul24rage, afar and 2 others repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    During this game, I actually thought if it doesnt happen NOW, its probably not gonna happen until I'm a granpa age. Not that I dont believe we cant win it without Messi, but to win a WC you need everything from mental strength, great manager, luck, great talents, no injuries of key players, great harmony within the team, etc. Everything needs to fall at the right place. I mean, since modern trophy era (last 5 decades) Argentina & Germany are the only two teams that has won it 3 times. Uruguay and England hasnt won any since 50s & 60s. Brazil despite winning multiple Copa in 2000s , they didnt make it to a single WC final in last 5 WC. That's how hard it is.

Glad to see my team finally won it while I'm still in my late 30s. Better late than never right?

Christina99, soul24rage, afar and 2 others repped this.
  12. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was feeling nostalgic, went back to read the comments after the 2-2 all the way to just after the end. :coffee::cry: I still need to order my 3 star jersey.

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    how am i still getting notifications for posts from a whole year ago

14. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Same, I was born in 82 and i dont count 86 as something ive seen, because i was too little to understand, but after watching many many many (italia 90 is the first world cup i remember fully) maaaaany heartbreaks and injustices and lost finals...man that win felt 1000x more earned and joyful than any other event i ever watched and probably gonna watch in my lifetime. Hopefully i get to see the 4th (and the 6th and 7th and 8th:D) because why not?

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  15. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Same, dude. Now i think we might see one or two more WC wins before we are grandpa/grandma ages because why not? Now i got greedy:D

Gregoire1 repped this.
  16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #2041 Albiceleste2010, Oct 6, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2023

Sydney Australia expatriates celebrate. :D

@Loco @Burr

soul24rage and Leon12 repped this.
  17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I never get tired of watching those reaction videos, so much love for Argentina NT from all over the world, all races and creeds, makes me want to burst into song

18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't usually watch Fox 13 so that's new to me! Wow

19. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you think Lautaro could have done better with his shot? From my own personal observation. He positioned himself too ahead of the ball. With a left foot he could have easily banked one behind the keeper. He waited twice, once to get the ball, another he stalled and waited for a power shot with his right foot enough time to get blocked.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #2045 Rattlehead, Oct 17, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    Crespo would have first time it without trying to control it first. When he trapped the ball for a second, he basically gave the defender enough time to reached him.

Watch his second goal at 1:20 that came from similar play, also assisted by Messi.

locoxriver repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    F3E34162-B91F-43D0-AD25-A9B405D8FC23.jpeg
    I’m sure I’ve posted this before… but I like to gloat so…

You’re welcome.

I’ll wait another year and a half or so before I throw out a “Man… just slap on that fourth star already!”

soul24rage, Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didnt Neymar tried to pull that stunt? but I guess you slapped it harder & beat him lol

soul24rage repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This was Neymar’s post.
    [​IMG]

He was doing this just to mess around; which rubbed people the wrong way.

I joke around with this stuff as well but I knew by the time the tournament kicked-off, we’d be ready and it would be difficult for us not to win the tournament. Something would’ve had to gone horribly wrong or we were going to the ends of the earth for the trophy and we did. Can’t believe it’s nearly a year.

Feels like the other day @locoxriver was jinxing us by eating those alfajores v the Saudis. :D

Rattlehead, Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brazil played the tournament as if they had already won it, you could see it on their smug faces, especially that idiot Richarlarson, the ridicelous dancing routines, it was there's a no one was going to stop them.

Burr repped this.
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Richarlison is averaging 1 goal in every 9 games for Spurs. I'm not sure how the European people actually rates Brazillian... Lautaro is the same age as him, but he has 50 more goals in 20 less games.

Burr repped this.