Pre-match: 2022 World Cup Oranje qualifying matches

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Mar 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memphis is in his way.

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay has been in a slump for quite a few Lyon games now.

He needs a strong coach to kick his ass now and then

3. Not only Lyon games, but Orange games as well. Some time ago I already wrote if he's not contributing he should be benched.

4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    It may be an unpopular opinion, but I hope the EC is Wijnaldum’s last big tournament for the NT. I’m at a point where I’m done with these players based on credit or “familiarity” and not on current form.

I’d rather try and fail with more talented youngsters while building up chemistry towards the WC than to have to watch this BS.

Put Stengs, Frenkie and Gravenberch/Koopmeiners in MF. Surely wouldn’t do worse than today.

5. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I feel Koeman was good at that. FdB, not so much. He’d rather stroke his ego.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #131 Brilliant Dutch, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    For all those screaming a few weeks wanting Malen to start, can we all agree he sucked today too??

Cost us a penalty no less, thinking he was deLigt while tracking back o_O

7. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Was anyone screaming for Malen? When he was in form maybe? He’s been pretty meh of late. Zahavi has been the one scoring the goals for PSV.

8. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not so sure about this.
    Wijndal shows no confidence or speed of play. Had acres of space and did little.
    Very disappointing performance from him.
    Memphis was poor and his positional play was awful but that had nothing to do with Wijndal getting by his man and whipping some crosses in.
    Really bad combinations from the entire Dutch team tonight was a troubling sight.

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Malen didn’t take his chance to impress today... such a pity. He did have two shots on goal, but too weak and way below his standard. Oranje is simply lacking deadly strikers at the moment. The camera had a brief shot at Ruud van Goal on the bench, he looked awfully disgusted, he must have thought that he could do much better scoring than all these clowns on pitch (Memphis included).

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  10. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why was Malen tracking there? Where the hell was Wijndal and Blind on that move?

Malen was not at his best clearly, but better then Berghuis who was pitiful.

11. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wijnaldum works so hard and his touch was certainly off tonight, but he was not helped when attempting to combine with our putrid attackers who offered little and were sloppy and slow in possession.
    Memphis and Berghuis clogging the middle with mindless movements not helping matters.
    Gini has done very well in the past for Oranje in the more advanced positions, but sits much deeper playing for Liverpool, so I’m suggesting he sits back for Oranje.
    The question is then who plays in the more advanced midfield position if not Wijnaldum?
    Certainly enough with De Roon who adds zero apart from the occasional closing down of players, but no cutting edge from him.

12. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Wijnaldum does work hard, and I admire that, but he’s too inconsistent for my liking. He has done well for the NT in the past, but then he trades great games with absolute shambles. Liverpool isn’t jumping at the chance to extend his contract for a reason...

I don’t think he’s a bad player at all, but he’s not a great player either. I don’t think he’s creative enough to play the “number 10” role.
    If only Ihattaren can get his sh*t together. He’s the perfect number 10 for us imo.

Frenkie-Ihattaren-Gravenberch/Koopmeiners. That’s an insane MF if everyone plays to their potential.

Also, either Malen gets his act together or he gets the boot too. Can’t put the ball into the net and on top of it screws us over defensively too. What must Weghorst be thinking right now...

Also, now Luuk scored a goal and FdB thinks he’s a effin genius, can’t wait to see the back of him, both of them.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  13. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    De Boer’s comments after the game are just arrogant. A man with no credibility or a clue.
    I’m wondering about and looking forward to some heavy criticism from the Dutch press towards him.

DutchFanatic and Jpows repped this.
  14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Give the advanced midfielder role to Stengs. He is creative, good with ball on his feet and an excellent passer. He will do wonder. Gini should drop to the center midfield - which suits him better anyway. He likes making a lurking late runs to the box. Ditch De Roon, he is quite useless.

richsavare, DutchFanatic and Jpows repped this.
  15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We'll get them back at Amsterdam, boys

richsavare repped this.
  16. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    at last somebody sees what I have being saying all along about Wijnaldum. you look at Hakan Calhanolgu goal. thats is what you call a typical no 10s goal and how he was dictating the play especially in the first half ,on the counters. wijnaldum simply lacks the cutting edge of a true no 10. unfortunately he is the best NT has got and Its hard too see anyone right now who could go on to become more creative than him. you can throw up names but still its unaccounted for unless they reach to that level and prove other wise.

Jpows repped this.
  17. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you think so. if Norway again upsets NT, this will be another disaster.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  18. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Agreed. I think Stengs would be a breath of fresh air in that number 10 role. He really has an eye for a defense splitting pass. At least until (hopefully) Ihattaren gets his act together.

Him Frenkie and either of Gini, Gravenberch of Koopmeiners for the EC please.

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I know how things will go down.... pretty sure I have seen this before.

Turkey will park a double-decker in front of their goal. Oranje will dominate possession in that match (75%+). They will work incredibly hard recycling the ball, back and front, left and right. But Turkey defense will hold tight, and their GK will have his best performance in his entire life. Goal posts may see some actions too. Ultimately Oranje won't be able to break the deadlock, and Turkey will come home with a point - leaving Oranje fans in complete and utter despair.

:eek::laugh:

Brilliant Dutch and DutchFanatic repped this.
  20. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is what I'm worried for too. Norway with Odegaard + Haaland is heavily Underrated.

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think Zinho Vanheusden-Jason Denayer would be a decent pairing for the next five years if Vanheusden can stay healthy.

22. The way to cut that wall to pieces is by playing Boadu, who has an insane acceleration and an urge to get into the box asap, with Stengs providing the passes through to him.
    Put Depay in the front and what you get is fancy moves but no dagger like penetrations.

23. I watched the ungiven goal of de Ligt situation. Both the goalie and the defender were completely behind the goal line, when he headed the ball. Given the body placement and the heading of the ball, you never can head a ball that isnot over the goal line for at least a complete ball as the ball has to be close to your shoulder to be able to head it.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He was awful in the match against Romania yesterday and is terribly inconsistent. I'm not sure about his future. Right now Brobbey is a better prospect.

25. I disagree. Brobbey in my eyes is a Benteke style of player, not a Lukaku.
    Brobbey needs his physical attributes to battle defenders. Boadu leaves them in the dust by speeding away from them.