Pre-match: 2022 World Cup Oranje qualifying matches

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Mar 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Or I could kick Rench when Ajax plays Barendrecht, which is about 1.5 miles from my house.

2. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    If Rensch is injured, wonder who will they call up? :laugh:

3. :ROFLMAO:

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  5. Well, Louis has spoken about Karsdorp, or more to the point, bullshitting about him. So what happened with the "Jut en jul clubs"
    https://www.ad.nl/video/productie/van-gaal-over-conference-league-spelen-tegen-jut-en-jul-254557
    https://www.ad.nl/dossier-wk-kwalif...eltman-geen-vreemde-eend-in-de-bijt~a0155d64/
    Van Gaal stapt met Rensch van zijn geloof: ‘Ik wilde met Karsdorp en Veltman geen vreemde eend in de bijt’

Bondscoach Louis van Gaal snapt dat veel mensen raar opkeken toen hij maandag Devyne Rensch als vervanger van de geblesseerde Jurriën Timber bij het Nederlands elftal haalde. ,,Maar de filosofie van Van Gaal past niet meer in deze tijd”, zei de bondscoach van Oranje. ,,Er wordt vandaag de dag veel gerouleerd bij clubs met grote selecties.”

6. People talking this kind of shit/inconsistencies shouldnot be taken serious any more.

7. If I wasKarsdorp I would now start a campaign "I wouldnot want to be found dead on a Qatar pitch. We already found 6500".

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Alzheimer's?????

10. :D

11. It begins to dawn on "pundits", something isnot okay.
    https://www.fcupdate.nl/voetbalnieuws/393060/oproep-rensch-lachwekkend-het-is-interessantdoenerij/
    Oproep Rensch 'lachwekkend': "Het is interessantdoenerij"
    11:24 – Devyne Rensch mocht zich op het laatste moment toch melden bij het Nederlands elftal. De Ajacied werd maandagavond opgeroepen als vervanger van zijn afgehaakte ploeggenoot Jurriën Timber. 'Lachwekkend', zo noemde analist Kenneth Perez die keuze.

In Voetbalpraat haalde de Deen flink uit naar bondscoach Louis van Gaal, wiens keuze voor Rensch hij onbegrijpelijk vond. "Het is toch lachwekkend dat je iemand die weken achter elkaar wisselspeler is bij Ajax nu oproept voor het Nederlands elftal, omdat je het zo graag uitgevonden wil hebben. Hij heeft het bij Ajax afgelegd tegen Mazraoui, die in bloedvorm is. Dat kan, maar dan kan je niet met goed fatsoen zo iemand selecteren."

Perez kreeg bijval van Sjoerd Mossou en Willem Vissers, die te gast waren in de uitzending. "In de basis is het niet logisch", sprak laatstgenoemde zich iets genuanceerder uit over het oproepen van Rensch. "Hij viel nog met kramp uit tegen Heracles." Mossou kan zich vinden in de opvatting van Perez dat Van Gaal bewust een eigenwijze keuze maakt. "Het is ook een beetje interessantdoenerij. Op z'n Van Gaals: 'ik zal het wel even laten zien met deze speler'."

12. Well, it's reassuring to have Rensch in the squad. At least he is in control against superior players than the Norwegian team has:
    Jong Ajax wint op bezoek bij VVV-Venlo, Devyne Rensch pakt oliedomme rode kaart
    Door Ajax netwerk, friday 2021-11-05 21:59:00

13. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Yeah van Gaal has made himself a fool. Always so outspoken, arrogant and stuck in his ways only to go back on his own words and philosophy at the end of the day. Also a nice message to other talented players: “It doesn’t matter how well you play if you haven’t been a part of the selection you can forget about it, I’ll pick a benchwarmer over you”. What a joke.

This is not to say that I don’t believe Rensch is a big talent. It just doesn’t sit right with me in terms of fairness. Rensch also needs to truly earn his spot. I wonder if he would have done the same thing to Danjuma had he waited a bit longer to call him up. Smh.

richsavare repped this.
  14. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    It seems to me that LVG and his staff already made up their mind of who they want to be back up for Dumfries and it is Timber and then Rensch in that order for RB (and Blind and Malacia/Wijndal in that order for LB with De Ligt/Timber/Ake as backup for CB). They are not going to change, and please no need to bring up Veltman.

Glad to hear Danjuma is fit and the rest of the team is healthy.

Will it be FDJ, Wijnaldum and Klaassen to start in MF?

15. Imagine Dumfries gets a knock against Montenegro and falls out after a few minutes in the first half against Norway. Rench moves in and faces Feyenoord rightback thundering down the pitch like he does at Feyenoord. How long before Rensch has to be taken off on a stretcher. He already couldnot cope with the fitness of the Heracles players and those arenot that fast and fit like Pedersen.

16. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I mean, I think it is pretty obvious to everyone that Rensch should not be the back-up RB for this team, yet. It is definitely a painful hit for Karsdorp or another who deserves to be called up.

With that being said... Is it really worth getting so frustrated about? Van Gaal has done really good things for us since being here, so I am willing to trust him. He is the coach, he knows what he wants to do and he chooses the players to support that. Maybe he has a masterplan in his head that we don't know, and Rensch fits into that more than the alternatives. At the end of the day we are not even talking about the back-up RB.... we're talking about the back-up to the back-up RB. Do we really need to scrutinize everything so heavily? Every coach has some choices that we don't agree with... I am just happy to no longer have players like Babel and Promes. I can live with young talented players being chosen in back-up alternate positions, at least that has some future benefit.

Come on guys, we're talking about the alternate to the back-up RB...

Orange14 repped this.
  17. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I agree that perhaps we look too far ahead with the what if. However there are some points to be considered here:

1. Selection: we talked about selecting player to have the best possible team. Yes, LVG can argue that Rensch fit better to the tactic that he has in mind, but Rensch is not even a starter in the club and he has not showed any performance that is worthy to be called up. Being called up before and know about training should not be a factor. When you over look a player that perform regularly with his club and deserve to be in the call up with such argument, it will be seen as "not fair/transparent" to many. Why isn't LVG brave enough to say that Karsdorp is not fit with the tactic/team that he has in mind and put an end to this? The same you can said about why LDJ is included in preliminary squad which at least I think Karsdorp name should be instead.
    2. Ego: LVG is the coach. He does not want to call up a player that many fans or reporters ask because he wants to make decision based on his views/opinions, not by others' influences or ideas.
    3. Depth: Timber seems to be the RB backup and it is not his usual position. The one time he was tried as RB did not work so well. RB is Rensch's natural position but clearly he lacks much experiences. Is he a gifted player that worth a spot in NT? Blind and Malacia may be also the weakness that this team have. Nation Leagues game next year will give us a better idea.
    It may be ok for these 2 matches as long as the unthinkable of 2002 qualification does not happen again. However, looking ahead to the WC, I'd like to see better depth at RB as we will need it to win the WC assuming this team will advance to the knock out round. Without depth, it will be difficult. That is the ultimate goal. Anyway, this is fun for us to discuss here and I think these players will be professional, focus and will not be distracted by this. They will take care of business and advance to the WC.

18. Nope. If Dumfries gets hurt or whatever and is out he's going in. There's no other one.
    He choked both physically and mentally against Heracles this weekend.
    The Orange Squad is the team for those who are the best and have proven so. You cannot belong to the best when you never played a serious match on top level. It's make believe when selecting someone like that. The credibility, especially after LvG's "jut en jul" remarks about players in the conference league, to players must have suffered. Just imagine if this whole joke has been done by de Boer. What would have been the reactions then?
    The Orange Squad isnot the place for a pet indulgence for players who havenot seen the white of the eyes of top players.
    Remember when Blind did that to de Ligt and what happened with our qualification?

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    If Dumfries gets hurt during the game (knock on woods!!), I think LVG will be forced to be creative and switch the system to 352/532.

Berghuis as RWB is a much better option than having an inexperienced kid (Resch) who is out of rhythm and not even playing on weekly basis. Three (!!) top-drawer CB’s in Virgil, De Vrij and De Ligt should be able to guard the net safely.

20. What do you mean by "creative"?
    Not fielding Rensch? If that happens he has to be grilled for not taking Karsdorp or even Limpong with the selection.
    Do we realize someone like Rensch is an injury/card hazard for the other defenders? If he fecks up the other defenders will have to go to the extreme to prevent goal danger.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Creative = never/rarely been tried before.

At this point, the squad is what it is, barring any other injury surprises. LVG made a bold and risky (stupid?!) decision to include Rensch as a back-up. That fact was well-established and I don’t think anybody is arguing that.

During the match, from practicality standpoint, if it were up to me, switching to a 352/532 is a valid (better) option if Dumfries weren’t able to continue… rather than exposing Rensch. Let’s just hope and pray that we won’t get to that contingency option. Only needs 2 draws. This is do-able!!

22. Wow.
    Big chance the corona surge bites the Norway match.
    Advice of the Outbreak management team is to cancel all events with a lot of people attending.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is there an increase in Covid in the country? I thought everyone was vaccinated.

24. The hospitals are screeming again. One of the meds said the influx of covid patients causes deaths at the other end of the illnesses, meaning the hospitals have to postpone again surgeries etc. It is estimated that covid caused collateral damage of 800 deaths in patients with cancer etc. because of worsening chances of survival because of delays.