2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd like for Reasco to get an opportunity. Perhaps not to start but to come off the bench. Nilson Angulo too.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think we'll see Ramirez with the national team anytime soon. Maybe in about an year if we qualify for the world cup I can see him wanting to come back to the national team. We can definitely use him that's for sure. He can battle Estupiñan for that spot. Maybe that would bring out the best in both of them.

I definitely want to see Rojas get minutes in the games against Venezuela and Chile. Dude is playing well and has taken his game to the next level. He's as good as gone after the season I think. We'll see tho.

Alejandro Cabeza is an interesting player. I don't see him as a starter on the national team. But his particular skill set is unique. Dude is strong. He can receive the ball in deep positions and hold on to it before he lays it off to a teammate.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    If Ramirez wants to jump back on the boat when we have our ticket to the WC secured screw that guy. It either come back now when we really need you or not at all. If he had been here now he could compete with not only Estupinan but Castillo and Angelo Preciado as well since he has been getting a lot of playing time at RB in his team.

Rojas def needs to make the jump aboard but Emelec price tag for him is around 6m if im not mistaken. Not even Cruz Azul or NYC wanted to pay that. He got a rumored team in China but that a terrible move for him IMO.

Im not sure if we should bring Bryan Angulo to this one he gets consistent playing time and all but score very little goals and has never really played too much in the NT. At least Campana game has been more interesting to watch when ever he does gets minutes. It a more notable changes to our offense in the NT.

4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Joao Rojas, Pedro Ortíz, Jackson Rodríguez are said to be called for this match.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Mena getting called up too Plata is still not full recovered he had a small injury his team just said that he not going to tomorrow game either. Should we risk starting him vs Venezuela ? Who should we put in his place Janner, Jeremy, or Joao ?

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The list is out - https://ecuagol.com/noticias/elimin...or-para-enfrentar-a-venezuela-y-chile/176609/

Jackson Rodriguez? I haven't kept up with LigaPro the past couple of months but from what I remember from the kid I hope we doesn't play against Venezuela. Dude is fast but he has no football IQ.

Still no Alcivar smh. I'm surprised Cifuente hasn't been called up either.

Plata is said to be sick. We'll see how he progresses over the next couple of days. Not having him for the Venezuela game would he brutal.

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Carcelen was said to start for BSC tomorrow I didn't think he would make the list.

Honestly I think we could go with Sarmiento for this match. I think he can be able to preform in the nt in this match vs Venezuela. This kid has talent he always looks dangerous with the ball. He seems like some one who could complement Jordy Caicedo well. He would constantly feed Jordy the ball. He is also some one who does well bringing up the ball to generate attack so that could be a big solution to the offense in our mid field.

8. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm okay with the call ups. Shame our midfield is stacked right now because Alcivar and Cifuentes deserve a call up too.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I also would have liked to see Alcivar but Carcelen has a different profile than the other center mids we have.

Four GKs for two games is overkill tho. Three would have sufficed - Galindez, Dominguez, and Ortiz.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Enner is out. Who’s going to be up front? Estrada?

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Estrada is suspended so Caicedo or Angulo.

13. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Apparently it'll be Reasco up top. I like it. Yes he's inexperienced at the international level but he's on form and accustomed to playing in Quito.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    FutbolEcuador rumored this as the line up.

Alexander Domínguez; Byron Castillo, Félix Torres, Piero Hincapié y Cristian Cruz; Moisés Caicedo, Carlos Gruezo y Sebastián Méndez; Ángelo Preciado, Gonzalo Plata y Angulo/Reasco.

Personally I wouldnt want to use Angulo for this match. He hasnt been scoring at club level and isnt experienced at the NT I dont think he would be useful off the bench either.

15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jocelyn Vera has posted that this will be the lineup (with Reasco starting). She on the money with this sorta thing.

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man, I don’t see us winning this game.

17. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Glad to see we're keeping the 4-3-3

Hopefully we beat venezuela comfortably but I REALLY want to beat Chile.

Their media has been talking a lot of smack about us and it would be nice to shut them up.

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Venezuela is definitely beatable but we're missing some key players. I don't expect a route.

Chile is in win now mode from here on out.

19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rumored line up
    Dominguez
    Castillo,Torres,Hincapie Cruz.
    Gruezo,Moises,Plata,Ayrton
    Sarmiento,Reasco/Cuco.

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    cabezamagica repped this.
  21. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sarmiento is a surprise there,hopefully he’ll perform.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I haven't seen the kid play much but it's my understanding he plays better as a winger. We'll see how he performs operating from a more central position. I imagine he'll have the freedom to play on either wing to create overlaps.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw him ******** up 2 weeks ago for Brighton. I hope he doesn’t for la tri.

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Someone keep me updated!!!

I’m at work….

cabezamagica repped this.
  25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hasn't looked so far. Venezuela esta bien planteada.