2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Este técnico quiere perder otra vez.ffs Hincapié sudando la camiseta

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hincapié and Plata are amazing. At least the back line is looking good. Everything else has been worrisome because we cannot generate any danger.

cabezamagica repped this.
  3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We generate we just have no one to finish anything.

4. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damm take a F ing shot wtf

5. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Now you bring him in wtf??Im kind of pissed off as you can see.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Too much time wasting by the Colombians

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn. Valencia wtf dude! Every single shot he has made has been horrible. He is better playing as a left wing.

8. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok Estrada,Jordi,where have they been?

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don’t know. Never saw them. You?

10. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Valencia as a wing plays much better but he needs to cross instead of shoot.

Hincapie was amazing. The kid fought every ball and I don't think they won one duel against him.

cabezamagica and Primitive Ways repped this.
  11. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We can’t keep putting in players that don’t contribute,Estrada,Jordi,Fidel,Moisés,come on,Pervis did a little better,F bring in Campana or whoever else is there as a forward,why Jordi again when he hardly did anything last games.Plata ,without someone else to play with ,loses his effectiveness,he has to take on every one and as you saw today,they’re willing to take a card to rough him up.Alfaro is failing when it comes to starting and subbing people.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Against Venezuela Alfaro has to make changes. Enough with Pervis. Time to give Pineida an opportunity. The rest of the backline can stay as is. Mendez and Franco in the midfield. Enner on the left. Diaz como enganche. Campana up top.

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hincapié and Plata were great. Mendez as well. I say call all the players that won that U20 up after these games.

What is going on with our forwards?! Did they do anything at all?

I am honestly lost as to what is going on. We played a good game I thought but we cannot score. I am not sure how we will fix anytime soon. Is it coaching? Is it the players? Damn.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colombia had good defense, reason why it seemed like we had no forwards.

HomietheClown repped this.
  15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Estrada shot the ball once. It was within the first 10 minutes of the match. Other than that I don't recall him doing anything else.

Jordi has started once and come off the bench twice. He had a couple of moments against Peru but other than that he hasn't impressed.

Enner should start como extremo izquierdo.

Alfaro should give Campana an opportunity. Estrada doesn't look motivated. No le mete ganas. Does he have a transfer lined up? Is he scared of getting injured?

16. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We had a good game besides our forwards. For some reason they always remain static and become easy to defend.

Next match Alfaro needs to put Enner on the wing, Martinez+whoever up front, Franco/Noboa next to Mendez, and switch out Pervis with Pineida.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Ever since the Boca Rumors he been pretty aweful in Toluca tbh. We def need to look into option up front

18. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hate to admit it but it's times like these we miss a player like Felipe Caicedo to play pivot upfront.

Campana still hasn't developed that aspect of his game properly.

cabezamagica and Primitive Ways repped this.
  19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why is Moises starting? Next game it should be Noboa...let the young guys play with senior members of the squad in a real match. This team is too damn young and there's no general on the pitch to scream at our guys. Remember how la sombra Espinoza used to yell? Edwin Tenorio?

Quien tiene huevos chch?

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we are getting better as the games progress. I believe Alfaro will have the kinks worked out when it comes time to eliminatorias.

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It did happen. Forgot who it was, but was told to go back to defense so we wouldn’t get countered.

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I tend to lean to pessimism on this. We've played three games in a row where we have been extremely timid to attack. Much of it can be a drop in form of formerly key players (Pervis, Moises Caicedo, Estrada, Mena), but this is a leadership issue and an issue of drive from our players with focus.

23. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fidel is lacking presence as well,but let’s try Pineida,no more Jordi .Hincapie ,what a player,very impressed with this kid,never lost composure,great passing game,speed and intelligence.This is the duo with Arboleda.Preciado,defense ok,but no attacking,we need new blood here.Moisés lost it ,not playing to his potential.Goalkeeper wasn’t as bad as I thought,but still didn’t give me guarantee.That one lone play by the Colombians ,was the only way they were able to penetrate but our forwards are lacking.

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We did create chances in all 3 games. A decent amount of them.

Our issue is that we don’t have a target man, we don’t have a guy who can disrupt defenses and I think var is costing us a lot of points too.

We lost this game because of an inch? It’s pretty laughable. That penalty against Perú that should have been ours and game against Brazil should have been a tie at most.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Respectfully disagree. Our last 3 games we've chased the scoreline and have only reacted AFTER we're already down.

We played Brazil to tie....it blew up in our face on defensive lapses.

We had horrid first half against Peru and looked lethal only when we were down 1-0, and then we fell 0-2 before really reacting.

Today, we were also light on shots.

I do agree about the target man, but besides him not existing, the rest of the squad doesn't push to generate chances from the outside. Is that inexperience? A lack of confidence to shoot outside? Besides Plata, who is the guy putting the team on his shoulders offensively? We're shirking that responsibility collectively.

Unless we really hammer down the creativity of our team to distribute the ball and really exploit defensive imbalances of opponents and anchor our team with some veterans who can downplay age with experience and grit, we will lose a lot of games as our guys keep "learning". We are accountable for each win and loss to take lessons. We might have the youngest and least experienced squad of the CONMEBOL, but we still have a responsibility to find a way to win games...even if we need to squeak them out.

Admittedly, we were probably the better squad tonight because Colombia didn't do much of anything to test the defense, but this game was bound for a tie because we couldn't find a way to take advantage of what might've been a probable superiority on the day.

The Machine repped this.
  26. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We need more width. Plata is Ecuador's more dangerous player. Teams will shift to the right to try to contain him. The idea is for pervis to provide that width. It hasn't worked out so far. Fidel is not a player that helps out much on defense. Pervis had to stay back more to combat cuadrado's runs. Carabali is not a player that is encarador. He won't take on his man like Plata will or Montero used to. Against Brazil both pervis and Ayrton played a more defensive game. I think with the proper winger on the left ecuador can be more effective on offense. Remember when Toño and Montero were in their prime? Teams focused on containing Toño. That opened up room for Montero and Ayovi to operate.

Against Venezuela I'd like to see Enner operate from the left. He's a player that will press and help in ball recovery.

The question is who plays up top? Estrada isn't cutting it. Jordi hasn't impressed either. Angulo would have been a good option. Angulo is motivated. He's fast. Strong. Can score with both feet. I really don't know why Alfaro didn't call him up. Campana should get an opportunity. Mena can play behind him and jugar por los costados.

Mendez is a standout in midfield. Moises should go to the bench for the next game. Franco should play. Against Brazil he covered a lot of ground. A mendez-franco tandem will allow Mendez to play as more of a playmaker. Mendez no es un 5. He's a box to box mid.