2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Argentina is trash. Don’t know how we couldn’t steal some points from them.

cabezamagica repped this.
  2. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Our left flank got exposed in this match and I'm sure Alfaro took note of that.

Bring Pervis back to LB and switch to a 4-4-2 since we do better with 2 forwards and we don't have a hard-working CAM to compensate for losing 1 forward.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Maybe it was just the chemistry between Beder and Pervis I would still like to try Palacios at LB and Pervis on LW or Chala at LB and Pervis on LW and vice versa we need some serious friendlies to figure that out.

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Beder and Pervis on the left flank made sense on paper. Pervis is more of an attack oriented LB. You can make the argument Beder is more defensive oriented. Beder also plays in high altitude so I believe that was also a factor in him getting the start in La Paz.

I would not start Palacios and Estupinan together in a WCQ match. Defense isn't Palacios strong suit either. It'll be an interesting idea to try out in a friendly but against Colombia nah. I hope Alvarado gains some consistency in MLS. He's tailor made for the LW position.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Agreed but I def want to see it happen in a friendly maybe if they have good chemistry it will work out we have never seen these 2 play together. I just hope we can plan some good friendlies soon so that Alfaro can experiment.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’m nervous about the Colombia game. I’d take 1 point.

7. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pervis would need more time to adapt to that winger role since he's always a cross first kind of player instead of cut in and shoot.

Alvarado would be great for the defense too. If I remember, him and Plata were the ones with the 2nd most recoveries in the U20 world cup.

3 points or we riot lol

I think we'll kill them on the counter since their defense is shaky. My only worry is Arboleda's partner because Arreaga loses focus and isn't strong in the air.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There's no friendlies coming up any time soon. The next FIFA dates are in March and Ecuador will be playing WCQ matches. I'm sure Ecuador will play a friendly or two in June but preparing for the Copa America will be the focus. There's the chance Alfaro can do some tinkering then.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's left footed so his game is to get to the touchline and cross the ball. He wouldn't be suited for an inverted winger role at this stage in his career. He's only 22 so he will continue to develop as a player.

10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Uruguay came out swinging with Cavani,back.Colombias D looks shaky.Def need to bring our secret weapon a bit earlier than those 10 min he keeps getting.Still early in game though.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don’t know man...we never have any luck against them.

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    OhhOh! looks like Colombian paying for the platos rotos!They’re going to come out strong against us,in Quito.which I think is to our advantage.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did Peru go back to being Peru?

15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They’re lacking an effective striker.second half they looked decent,but couldn’t quite finish any attack.

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We're ********ed. Enner tested positive for covid. Apparently there's two other players who've also tested positive. Great.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Franco and Palacios have also tested positive. Franco was the logical replacement for Gruezo. Cifuentes or Mendez will get the start now. It wouldn't surprise me if more players test positive in the next couple of days. Hope they get well soon. Sucks they'll miss the game but their health is more important. Covid is no joke.

18. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why would they even let someone with a fever be near the team?even if his test was negative 2 days before??At this point anyone running a fever is suspect,I hope they’re able to contain it,and they have to stop taking that group pic for the time being!

19. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm thankful this time around we have decent depth in midfield or else it would have been very bad.

Still sad Franco is out though since the guy is a fighter in midfield.

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #1020 The Machine, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    It would have been interesting to see how Franco and Caicedo linked up in the middle. I hope Alfaro goes with Cifuentes. I've watched quite a few LAFC and Orlando SC games and he has impressed me more as opposed to Mendez.

Alfaro has to switch out Arreaga for Corozo or Ferigra. Or even Torres. A change has to be made at this point though. Colombia lost yesterday but they created quite a few scoring opportunities. Arreaga starting in defense doesn't inspire confidence. We can't expect to score 2-3 goals every game. Our defense has to improve. I would play Mena behind Estrada and start Plata from the start. We have the depth to compete against Colombia. They're gonna come out strong tho.

21. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pineida, Corozo, and Cifuentes have tested positive.

Mendez will definitely start now. As will Arreaga.

22. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Damn...

I hope no one else gets it since we can't afford the same luxury in attack.

We need Estrada, Mena, and Sornoza with Plata coming off the bench.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sornoza was useless against Bolivia. Mena should play behind Estrada and Plata should start on the wing.

24. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I re watch the game and Sornoza wasn’t as useless as previously commented.He made 3 assists that should have been goals,right in front of goalkeeper,Mena missed it and I think Estrada did also.I hope the players coming in ,can show they can be WC material.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea alot of people actually like the performance that him and even Beder had despite his errors in defense. Most People have Mena, Sornoza, Beder, Plata, Moises as the pest player of that match in that order.

I think Sornoza really becomes absent due to the fact that he doesnt help out in defense. Alfaro has Munoz starting tho according to Ecuagol.