2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He definitely did and when he joined our NT every one made comments about his defensive play and he responded very well saying that if his teams played defensively it because they had players that could defend very well but that he also changes his tactics when he needed to and he brought up the 3-0 win from Boca vs Liga (Ouch!) but he def shut alot of people up. Me included lol.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A good coach is not married to any particular set of tactics or style of play. They adapt to the players at their disposal.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    It sucks to see BSC get eliminated so badly it really sucks for them that they got put into the same group as IDV that one lost vs them really killed their momentum. That and if Fidel didnt leave, if Alves was in good form maybe they would have advanced. Also Coleman is the worst BSC signing in a while he sucks so bad. Dont get why they signed him.

They really need new wingers and a good st.

I was shocked to see IDV loose. Segovia sucks without Shunke next to him. Alvardo was pretty bad too Ramirez really shouldnt have started him. Alvarado is a player you use for Copa Ecuador and non important liga pro games at best.

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Won't be the last time they (or any Ecuadorian team for that matter) bring in a shitty foreign player. If anything it will happen more now that teams can bring in 6 foreign players as opposed to 4.

Game against Junior wasn't a must win. Ramirez decided to rest of their players. That's why Shunke and Caicedo didn't start. They have a "final" against BSC this weekend.

5. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As a Barcelonista it sucks to see how far this team has fallen since 2017. Bustos is getting exposed tactically and doesn't have the charisma to make players buy into his style of play either. The squad needs a major overhaul but I don't see this management accomplishing that.

Crazy to see how much of a difference Caicedo and Shunke make defensively.

I'm not worried about IDV. Ramirez is smart and knows it's better to suffer a loss than risk an injury in a match that doesn't affect qualification.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Quintero lost the media because he kept calling up Emelec players which was total bs. At the time Independiente was having a good run at Copa Libertadores but it was too late to do anything really.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Team already went through a major overhaul. IMO we should give them some time and I’d rather us win Serie A. We still got a chance to win primera fase.

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Alot of player are getting up their with their age. I think they need to do an overhaul too and they really need to invest in their youth players they have so many promising players signing like Molina and Cetre made no sense to me when they have Sergio Quinteros and Carlos Montano now they brought over Orejuela too.

Players id release
    Cetre
    Molina
    Arroyo
    Esterilla
    Coleman
    Alves
    And retire Oyola

I also feel like they made the wrong move releasing Marcos Caicedo, Aleman, Beder Caicedo. They should also bring back stalin caicedo and Angelo quinonez. They def need to sign a CAM, LW, and a good ST thats for sure.

9. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It was an overhaul that only made us marginally better imo. Our defense still needs to be upgraded, Marques needs a better partner than Piñatares, and we need wingers who can actually get past their man + track back. You can't play a 4-2-3-1 and have wingers not tracking back; that's a recipe for disaster.

I may sound overcritical but it's because I feel this team wasn't put together properly. Barcelona just threw a team together in hopes that it would work.

---

On a side note, has anyone seen the new jerseys? They're actually not bad looking lol but the logo definitely kills the aesthetic.

10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

I feel like BSC is always like that lol. (No Offense BSC is my second favorite team). But it mostly cause they sign so many players alot of which they dont need. They always have a bad habit of oversigning and hoarding players probably the biggest thing I dont like about BSC. Like the random molina and cetre signings.

They need to be alot more conservative like IDV their foreign signing are always cheap and always play an important role in the team even if they are player that come of the bench. They got Faravelli on free transfer it amazing that they got such a great player for free.

And yea I like the jerseys as well. IDK if the logo kills it but they def tried to tie the entire design to the modern logo we have. They did a good job but I still miss the old logo.

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The jersey is decent. I'm not a fan of the logo though. I prefer more of a minimalist design but that's just my preference.

The NT call up list will be announded on the 30th. I read a week or two back that they will call up 30 players.

12. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No offense taken lol :D

And I agree. They always tend to sign players they don't need and rather play those players instead of promising youth. They always think short term and never long term, which is why they always end up in the same situation regardless of who takes over the club.

It seems we're all on the same boat when it comes to the logo.

I look at my home jersey from last year and can't understand why they would switch from that great logo to the one they have now.

As for the callup I read that Noboa and Arboleda were called up. I hope they call up Moises Caicedo too.

javer repped this.
  13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like the new logo.

Btw, it’s time to stop begging Caicedo to come back.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We high key need him tho. Enner needs to consolidate him self in his new club, Fidel left to china and will most likely not be on the nt radar anymore, Estrada needs to be slowly introduced to the NT. We dont have many option right now.

15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There's a report out of Ecuador that Dominguez will be called up to NT. Not just that but he will be the captain. I don't buy it. Looks as if the Ecuadorian press is already trying to pressure the NT coach. These ********ers can't leave regional rivalry aside for one second can't they smh

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I guess no Ramirez anymore for the NT? Didn’t see that coming. Good thing we have depth at that position right now. Wished he could have played LB and Estupiñan LW. Oh well.

I like the new logo lol and the new kits are cool. Finally something that looks modern.

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude knows that Estupinan is the starter now and didn't want to waste his time riding bench. We have depth at the position - Estupinan, Palacios, Chala. I haven't seen Pineida play this year but he's a decent player.

Ramirez is going to play Champions league this season. It will be interesting to see how he does.

In other news Jackson Porozo finally was announced by his new club. Miller is on his way to China.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Estupiñan is injured or so I heard and btw that’s a shitty way to quit the team.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just throw a kid in there like when we did with him and chucho.

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really hope we reach the WC without these assholes.

21. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He said it was something personal that made him decide not to participate now or even in the future .... someone must have made a move or comment on his wife or something... what else could it be lol

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #697 javer, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    I really hope Estrada, Enner and Bryan Angulo can hold it down for now. Hopefully Campana and Alejandro Cabeza consolidate them selves. Plaza too.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Agree his wife might not want him to travel or something like that.

24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I havent heard how long his injury will be yet but him Jefferson Intriago are injured. Fernando Leon will be out for 6 months. I hope Estupinan and Intriago injuries arent serious.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We are 24 hours away from the list.

These are all the Player id look at.

GK:
    Johan Padilla
    Alexander Domínguez
    Jorge Pinos

DF: