2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    La tri femenina doesnt just have a coach they have a top well known coach in womens soccer. Pretty big for women soccer im actually gonna try to follow the womens national team more because of this. How they managed to pull that off idk but why cant they do it for the mens team ?

I really hope that they have had a plan and top candidate in mind the whole time and there just keeping it on the low.

sbahnhof repped this.
  2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    u-23 list is out

Really sucks that not every team complies with letting their players go to this.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This team is a lot more younger and inexperienced than I would have liked it to be.

This list really needs a 3rd striker on the team but I guess Celico will improvise a few players. Really glad Jhon Sanchez, and Alejandro Cabeza made the list They need more playing time and chances to show case them selves.

My starting 11 from this list.

Ramirez
    Landazuri Porozo, Segovia, Cortez
    Franco, Cifuentes
    Sanchez, Julio, Alvarado
    Campana​

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam no thoughts on Jordi Cruyff. It official he our new coach. And there a lot of mix thoughts on this.

The good.

His dad is the reason Barca has their possesion heavy style of play. His dad rendered South American Soccer obsolete.

It clear that he follows his fathers philosophy and impliments on all his teams. So hopefully we can see our CAM s triumph in the nt like Cazares and Sornoza. And a good attacking style of play that can compete in South American Qulifiers.

There must be a reason Cordon heavily recomended him.

Egas isnt dumb he is doing what he can in the little time and money we have possible. FEF is making changes, implementing a process that may one day bring in the rewards we have all been waiting for. And this process is gonna be very different from the Quintero experiment. No Chiri and his goons to make it all shady and mess it up in the long run.

The bad

He is very inexperianced. The few teams he has had were not exciting leagues (Isreal and China) and his time there was very short. On top of not having all the needed time to have a succesfull process he also lacked resources in his teams.

All in all i hope he can bring out the best in this new and young talent pool we have. We are in a very young raw experimental stage. But we I think we have enough to have a successfull process with this coach and the pool of players we have.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think this should be our new call up for friendlies.

Alexander Domínguez
    Pedro Ortíz
    Jorge Pinos

Anibal Chala
    Moises Corozo
    Pervis Estupiñán
    Arturo Mina
    Cristian Ramírez
    Robert Arboleda
    Fernando Leon
    Marcos Andrés López
    Félix Torres

Erick Castillo
    Junior Sornoza
    Miller Bolaños
    Jordan Sierra
    Jefferson Orejuela
    Renato Ibarra
    Ángel Mena
    Juan Cazares
    Antonio Valencia
    Alan Franco
    Jefferson Intriago
    Ayrton Preciado/ Anderson Julio

Enner Valencia
    Michael Estrada
    Fidel Martínez

Our line up:
    Domiguez
    Ramirez, Mina, Arboleda, Estupinan
    Orejuela, Sierra
    Ibarra, Cazares, Mena
    Valencia​

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #532 javer, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Alternate call up in case of injuries.

Anderson Julio
    Bryan Angulo
    Carlos Garces
    Carlos Gruezo
    Alexander Alvarado
    Jhojan Julio
    Diego Palacios
    Luis Segovia
    Bryan Carabali
    Gonzalo Plata
    Jose Cifuentes
    Romario Ibarra
    Jordy Caicedo
    Dario Aimar
    Franklin Guerra
    Sebastian Mendez

8. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not a fan of this new logo.

The old logo was iconic

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea I really dont like it when most teams try to re brand them selves. The old logo to me was perfect, iconic recognizable and marketable. They tried too hard to modernize it. This new logo and kits look like a custom pes logo and kits. It not bad but it pretty basic and even amateurish.

I didnt even like it when River Plate Ecuador rebranded them selves. And alot of people liked that.

10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hmm I have mixed feelings on the new logo,although I think we needed a new design,(I thought the last one was very amateurish and frankly a little bit cheesy).I like most logos to be minimal and graphic,like Peru’s or Argentina.while the new one is minimalist,I think the font on the letters is too modern,and it’s a bit confusing,Im not a fan of animals(condors,lions,etc,they’re are not flags)either.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’m excited.

cabezamagica repped this.
  12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Campana to Wolverhampton.

cabezamagica repped this.
  13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The FEF basically chose to re-brand the entire operation and use a consolidated brand and digital strategy as a way to make extra $$$.. and a new logo made sense in that respect; although I'd argue they handled it awkwardly.

I'm not a fan of the logo and in reality, a solid modernization of what we had would have been better. BUT maybe something marketable, modern and sleek could be signs of a total mindset shift on the team, too. It's too early to tell.

I'm hoping we can also pick up a kit sponsor like Nike or Adidas for our NT because Marathon is nice, but lacks any international exposure outside of Ecuador from a retail perspective.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Cruyff is already doing something I dont like.

First issue Im sure you guys saw his coaching staff was supposed to go to U23 but didnt. No one even knows who is coaching staff is supposed to be.

He spending to much time in Spain. Apart from coaching our team he is part of a sport analyst program in Spain. He only saw Emelec cause they were conveniently in Spain. He posted today saying he was scouting for Ecuador watching Kike in Barcelona. IMO Kike is far from be worthy of being called up to the Senior NT. Barcelona B is in the 3rd division he shining yes but hasnt been brought up to Barca senior team yet. Only once for a preseason friendly. So he cant be serious when he says he scouting a team with only one player to watch and that one players is 20 y/o.

If I dont see or hear his staff working In Ecuador soon this is not gonna be a good sign. We have less than 2 months for our first WCQ match. And I would like to see FEF scheduling friendlies soon. Cruyff needs to start working cause he starting late as well. If he wants a good debut against Argentina he needs to start now.

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I read that he was moving “permanently” to Ecuador during the first week of February.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I hope it true. I really got the impression that he is taking this to lightly and he is starting to show his inexperience in coaching a team at this level. I really hope I am wrong but I really do want to see seriousness and work coming from this guy soon.

If he doesnt it will prove he is not serious about this process.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    El Comercio wrote an article about how Cruyff was already supposed to be in Ecuador February 1st but instead is in Israel signing autographs. Not a good sign from a coach with no experience coaching a NT and that has less than 2 months to debut.

FEF needs to start pressuring this guy. It the second time that he is not keeping his word.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol

19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    poota todo el mundo le ve las huevas a mi Ecuador,WTF!Seriously,this guy is unproven at this point,the least he can do is show some initiative and hunger,red flag already,February is very short month.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He just arrived to Ecuador yesterday. Antonio Cordon is slacking too cause I heard he is just starting to plan the schedual for La Tri. So i doubt we will have enough friendlies or good ones to prepare for Argentina. It clear that this match vs Argentina is gonna be awful. These guys needed to prepare from day one not now. I just hope that they all take it as a wake up call.

FEF needs to pressure Cordon and Cruyff. They need to realize that fans are gonna sh!t on them every way possible if they do not work hard and bring results.

Expectancy is high being that they are European and being that Jordi dad is Johan Cruyff. As fans we expect nothing less than for these guys to rebuild La Tri and Qualify !

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    At least our teams are doing ok in sudamericana and copa libertadores....

That game against Argentina should count as a loss.

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Klinsmann quit his club.

I guess we dodge a bullet.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam Im surprised we still have no scheduled friendlies or a date for call ups. We should just send this team to face Argentina. Dont want our boys to get wrecked. lol

Galindez
    Duffard, Schunke, Salaberry, Monteverde
    Martinez, Marques, Oyola
    Diaz
    Barreiro, Tevez ​

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team: