2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There's some interesting center mids coming up - Santiago Zamora, Ronald Briones, Erick Pluas, Oscar Zambrano, Patrik Mercado. I think the player who will challenge Gruezo is Marco Angulo. That dude is a modern number 5. If the kid makes the move to Germany, Holland, or Belgium in the summer I think he'll be a serious candidate to go to the WC.

2. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Pervis looking good today.

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good cross. I doubt anyone of our forwards would have put that in.

4. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Insane how that second half went. lol Luis Diaz came in a fixed the game - in he fixed the game from minutes 60 to 72 LOL

5. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Angulo is good but the kid still needs to grow. Tonight he seemed lost against Tolima.

Ordoñez on the other hand, handled the pressure well.

Idk what IDV is doing with CBs but goddamn those kids come out ready.

6. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seeing news this morning that Newcastle, Napoli, and Roma are after Hincapie.

Unless Roma promise him a starting CB role, he should stay at Leverkusen.

cabezamagica repped this.
  7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He should stay in Germany. Leverkusen will play in the Champions League next season. The Bundesliga is a superior league than Serie A. Leverkusen is a well run club that gives young players an opportunity. I think Hincapie would be better served if he stays in Germany for another season. He's only 20 years old so he'll get an opportunity to play in the premier league.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Young players will make mistakes. There'll be ups and downs. We've seen it with Plata, Moises, Hincapie, Pervis, Palacios, Moises Ramirez, ect. You learn from failure ththough. I think he played out of position. He's a number 5 but yesterday I saw him play more like a number 8. At least that was my impression. At times it almost seemed like he was looking around trying to figure out where he should be positioned. Given the context of the game he should have stayed back more to shield the defense.

Ordoñez is a promising player. He'll make the move to Europe. I think he could have done more in the goal idv conceded.

9. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #3084 \^the king^/, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Agreed no need to move and have to re-prove (so to speak) and break into a starting 11.

And the Chile complaint is now official: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/sports/soccer/chile-ecuador-byron-castillo.html

Fifa hasn't commented yet. But what an amazing way to not only show how low they have fallen, but also derail concentration from a team who has earned a spot in the world cup. They're trying to do it again... just like in 2018 when they simply paved the way for Peru to overtake us. Very sad sad federation that is grasping at straws to stay relevant and prevent the golden generation from being blown up.

I'm confident we have all our ducks in a row - but annoyed that this will be a distraction.

cabezamagica and Loco repped this.
  10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hopefully this gets resolved soon. The longer this continues the longer a distraction it becomes. There's people out there who can't accept that Ecuador has grown in the sport. Chile, Colombia, and Paraguay were used to being on top of Ecuador. That's not the case anymore. Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay will remain successful. Colombia will be alright if they resolve some of their issues. Chile and Peru's outlook isn't great. I think Venezuela will overtake both for the next cycle.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's also a testament to this issue actually being a serious problem in Ecuador...which despite the ludicrousness of the Chilean filing due to Ecuadorian judges making an announcement last year, it's a semi-credible grievance when falsifying citizenship and birth records in Ecuador is quite common among the poorest folks.

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chile can suck a big fat one.

cabezamagica and LDU4ever repped this.
  13. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #3088 \^the king^/, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Yeap.

At this point if we didn't do a thorough job of examining this through our systems, then it's on us. It is said FEF worked with all government bodies and FIFA to clear the situation before any contact was even initiated with Castillo.

If we really went through all that I assume

1) They truly have the evidence that proves that other birth certificate is his brother
    2) They assumed they could finagle the system and cover things up
    2.1) They either did a clean sweep of all the evidence that could ever possibly turn up or at least they thought OR they thought no one would look closely

My only hope is that there is no "new" evidence and that everything that was sent are items that were already under a microscope.

14. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pretty sad what the Chilean federation is doing,no way in hell would FIFA even considered it,but as LDU4ever said ,it really highlights how fragile and dishonest our system has been and has become.Ecuador is no mans land right now,where it seems like the criminals have the upper hand.not going to get political but our “viveza”is coming to bite our a$$es now.sad really,we can be more than a narco state and that’s where we’re heading.

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think FEF made sure everything was in order before even calling him up. It even was a point of debate why he wasn’t being considered at the beginning of Alfaro’s career with la tri. I’m not even worried.

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Alfaro live interview

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm sure the fef had everything in order before they called him up. We knew this day would come. I'm honestly surprised it took a country this long. I read on Twitter that Paraguay asked for the matter to be investigated but it was dropped. I don't remember this.

What worries me more about this situation is the regionalism and jealousy that exists within the country. It's also sad the lack of support I see between Ecuadorians at times.

The press release the Chilean federation released was maddening. It was full of lies and hypocrisy for that matter. I don't fault them for asking Fifa to investigate. If we were in their shoes we'd probably do the same. They're trying to bend the narrative to their will. I honestly hope Ecuador and Byron Castillo sue them. I could be wrong but this may follow them for awhile. Given the technological age we live in once something goes on the internet it stays there. The book on Ecuador was that we only win because of the altura. I hope that doesn't get replaced with we only win because we fielded an ineligible player. That statement completely overshadows all the work that's been done that's allowed Ecuador to advance in football.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They’re explaining everything right now in debate fútbol.

19. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Chile has always been a federation full of characters looking for cheap wins (roberto rojas im looking at you), this will be more egg on their face per usual.

The audacity to say they're record is squeaky clean and Ecuador is a nation full of corruption when it comes to record keeping is funny.

20. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Chile's priorities are so backwards lol instead of being sore losers, focus on youth development because right now their future looks abysmal.

Seeing how they're acting now, I really wish Estrada would have scored his misses vs Chile so they could have been more bitter over losing 0-6 at home.

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Now it’s made it to the front pages of yahoo.

These assholes are destroying his career. I hope he goes after all of them.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Instead of spouting lies Chile should focus on youth development and improving their domestic league. Bravo, Arias, Medel, Isla, Mena, Vidal, Aranguiz, Vargas, Sanchez, Fuenzalida, Jimenez, Orellana will retire soon from the NT. Chile's outlook is bleak. I'm not even trying to throw shade at them. I've said it before that Chile and Peru will struggle in the coming years as they'll have difficulty replacing the players that have formed their base for quite some time now.

The "proof" their lawyer claims to have is pathetic. He's basing their claim on the fact Castillo's former team (Norte America) was involved in the falsification of documents. He also said el registro civil of Guayas worked closely with Norte America and three employees were detained. Apparently because Castillo has never spoken publicly about the case that in and of itself means he's guilty. I can't wait for the next time Chile visits Quito so they leave with a goleada.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They're not just damaging his career they're hurting Ecuador's and the FEF's image. The thing about false claims is that you can't take it back. Even if the allegations are false the doubt will remain and the court of public opinion will convict.

24. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    (pardon me, wanted to chime in)

The Chilean soccer federation has been desperate for a while trying to qualify for the WC, they are a bunch of btch3s.

In 2017 when Messi puteo the referee during a game against Chile, they reported Messi to FIFA to have him suspended (got a 4 game suspension). Eventhough that during the game the ref didn't say anything, Chile reported Messi and he got a 4 game suspension (trust me, it was no big deal)

And this year when Argentina played Chile in a qualifying game, b/c they needed a win desperately, this is the dirty tricks they did;
    • Chile moved the game from Santiago, to stadio Zorros del Desierto in Calama (some crazy ass city in the north of chile)
    • at the Chilean airport, the Argentinean national team was detained almost all night
    • At the hotel, there was no hot water
    • At 5am an alarm went off waking up the entire hotel
    I am not surprise that Chile is doing this now - bunch of punk a$$ bitch3$. I hope nothing happens to Ecuador and see you guys in Qatar!

25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The hypocrisy of their press release is unreal. They talk about fair play off the field yet they pulled those tricks against Argentina. Taking the game to Calama was fair game in my opinion. It was stupid because their team was not accustomed to playing in high altitude. The hotel and airport tricks were ridiculous.

They've resorted to dirty tricks in the past. Does Chile win the 2015 Copa America if Cavani didn't get suspended? What Jara did was shameful. I'd be embarrassed if an Ecuadorian player did something like that. The Condor Rojas incident is well known. I remember a U20 game between Chile and Ecuador that was played in 2011. A Chilean defender grabs the hand of Edson Montano and slaps himself in the face.

Loco repped this.