2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Everyone on fire today.

Campana with a hat trick today.

cabezamagica repped this.
  3. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Campana getting his groove back would be amazing. He's the ideal CF for Alfaro's system and would really open up wing play.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Campana works on improving his speed and ball control he can battle Estrada and Jordy Caicedo for the starting spot. The good thing about all three of them is that they're still young so they can become better players. The biggest flaw in the NT is the striker spot so if one or two of them steps up then Ecuador can be lethal.

Allan_Somewhere and cabezamagica repped this.
  5. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Watching Liverpool - City and I have to say that Mané is really sneaky.

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Castillo or Preciado are gonna have their hands full with him.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Castillo won’t be able to handle him if he doesn’t get back in form.

Don’t even get me started with Preciado….dude is gonna get skinned alive.

8. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone know what happened to Johan Mina,this kid was a baller with a great vision and intelligence,though he would be on the radar by now.:thumbsdown:

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's playing in Portugal. Werder Bremen loaned him out to Estoril. He played for their sub 23 team this season. They won the championship. Kid is only 19 or 20 so he's still young.

10. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Good to have strikers with different characteristics too.

Alfaro won't leave them isolated that's for sure. He'll have Franco or Moises help cover.

11. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Alcivar with a nice Olympic goal as well.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gabriel Cortez is balling. He has 7 goals and one assist so far this season. If he keeps this up Alfaro may give him an opportunity.

Primitive Ways repped this.
  13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The week of Ecuadorian olimpicos - jajaja.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, that run was insane too.

15. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would like to see Campana on the NT I think he resembles more a true 9. He has developed physically and has good instincts that's something you can't teach.

Now that he has improved his finishing let's see about that consistency if he keeps working hard Alfaro will have to have another look at him no doubt.

I also like Djorkaeff Reasco the kid can ball lot's of potential I just don't know who he would replace the coach has some tough choices ahead

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #3016 Primitive Ways, Apr 12, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    So we are playing friendlies against Tunisia, Mexico, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Japan and Croatia.

17. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    #3017 Kamtedrejt, Apr 12, 2022
    After going more in-depth into the matter and also the way Ecuador finished the Eliminatorias I think Ecuador 2022 have actually much more in common with Uruguay 2002. It is a World Cup that will be a valuable but tough experience for Ecuador. I see a group stage exit. Earning a couple of points, continue to mature and show some promise. I don't expect much more. It's on your lads to prove me wrong.

I expect Ecuador's star to rise only at the Copa America in 2024 and at the World Cup 2026. Qatar 2022 will serve as some sort of check point, i.e. transitional tournament on route to the main goal the Copa America 2024 hosted by Ecuador.

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Highly recommend watching this.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Any of you watching Villarreal - Bayern?

How’s Pervis doing?

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #3020 The Machine, Apr 12, 2022
    Stats wise it seems like he's having a good game defensively - 6 clearances, 2 blocked shots, 3 tackles, 3 out of 5 ground duels won.

21. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pervis had a good game but the most important thing is he's improved his defending drastically compared to a few months ago.

Going forward that'll be important in matches where ecuador will have to absorb pressure and counter.

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He might be getting back to the pre-Villarreal form where he was ranked among the best at his position in Spain.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's a prime example of why Ecuadorians should go to Europe. I used to think players were better off staying in Ecuador until they established themselves professionally. I don't think Pervis would have developed in the way he has if he stayed in Ecuador or had gone to Mexico. He's matured not just as a player but also as a person.

Let's look at other examples - Gruezo, Plata, Angelo Preciado, Moises Caicedo, Jordy Caicedo, Hincapie. Since going to Europe they've improved their games. It'll be interesting to see how Pacho and Delgado continue developing.

Mexico is a competitive league. The money is good too. Torres has improved as a player but the same can't be said about other players who've gone to Mexico in recent years. Intriago, Sierra, Brayan Angulo, Anderson Julio, Washington Corozo are some players that play or have played in Mexico within the past couple of years. Angulo and Julio saw their careers stagnate at different points. They didn't improve their game in any considerable way. Sierra, Intriago, and Corozo are solid players and have played well in Mexico but have they improved in the way Plata and Hincapie have?

Torres has to make the move to Europe. Imagine him going to a German or English team. His physique would get better. His tactical knowledge would also improve. Jhegson Mendez, Palacios, Cifuentes, and Franco have done well in MLS but if given the chance they should make the move to Europe. The same applies to Liga Pro based players. More players in Europe (and Brazil tbh) would make the NT stronger in the short and long term.

24. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #3024 The Machine, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    There's a question that should be analyzed by Ecuadorian football as a whole - What's behind Ecuador's recent track record in regards to producing CBs and center mids lately. Let's look at the young Ecuadorian CBs - Hincapie, Torres, Porozo, Almeida, Pacho, Realpe, Vallecilla, Joshue Quiñonez, Joel Ordoñez, Rockson Renteria, Segovia. With the exception of Almeida and Ferigra all of them were produced by Ecuadorian club teams. There's a similar amount of center mids that have been produced. Similar to CB, Ecuador has considerable depth in central midfield. There's quite a few young center mids that have promising futures - Marco Angulo, Pluas, Patrik Mercado, Zamora, Zambrano. Ronald Briones is a name not that many people know but he's been one of the best center mids in Liga Pro. At a certain point a trend starts to become evident. Given the lack of depth at striker this should be looked at. There's definitely improvement to be made in this aspect.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just read in el universo they Villarreal might play Liverpool.

I guess we will see how our guy will fare against Mane a bit early.