2022 Gameday 5: RSL at SKC - March 26th; 5:00pm MT.

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by goobx1, Mar 23, 2022.

1. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    After this week I wouldn't be surprised if I give the reins back to 15 for this stuff.

3-1 RSL just for fun.

The wheels will come off at some point or the magic will wain but lets ride it out none the less. SKC has not started well but could get back some key players. Just like RSL?

The intensity for this game might be through the roof either positive or negative. SKC fans have to be ready and probably on edge after how the season ended last year and how it started so far this year.

I will be very interested to see if Pablo and the boys can keep up this positive attitude and other chakra thingamajig and keep this season rolling.

Burn some incense and set forth positive affirmations.

Also, I left out the goobx1 to start the thread so that can't be good. Right?

15 to 32 repped this.
  2. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    @Ismitje

Goob, you just ruined my day.:thumbsdown:

3. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I folded under the pressure. My bad.

We still have 15's good start to fall back on though.

4. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    I hope Cordova is available for this game. He seemed to be in some pain towards the end of the game. To the point that even Dunny was commenting about it.

5. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No username in the title means we will lose.

It was fun while it lasted.

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see a 1-1 draw, or a 93 minute goal from Wood.

8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Med_Phys and 2nd Mouse repped this.
  9. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The one thing I will say that if my eyes tell me that the players are still going and can still move and run, then I don’t even ask about the biometrics. In other words, our performance will never say, “we’ve gotta be careful with this guy.” That’ll never be said. It’ll always be me, unless they see somebody grabbing their hamstring or somebody slowing down. But we’ll never use the data to validate the eye test until the eye test is observed."

Yikes! When you see someone grabbing a hamstring, it's a little late to be paying attention to the biometrics, isn't it? I get the eye test and everything, but I'd be reluctant to ignore everything else, especially if you've got a player who is prone to injury.

DrownedElf, RSLer, acima and 2 others repped this.
  10. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This in combination with the NSH postgame stuff should be a little concerning. Maybe Ryan will sit him down (aren't the Jazz heavy into analytics and biometrics?) and show him how he can maybe integrate some things before the eye test tells him what's up.
    15, you had some good points in your comments on Soapbox.

RSLer and Allez RSL repped this.
  11. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know what the eye test has told me... we have a shit ton of injuries and I think I'm starting to see why...

RSLer, acima, Allez RSL and 2 others repped this.
  12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, we literally had a guy (Glad) pull his hamstring in that game. I'm not going to claim the biometrics would have predicted / prevented it, but good lord. I had to listen to the interview to see if Pablo was really that naive and didn't hear the words coming out of his own mouth.

Allez RSL, 2nd Mouse and goobx1 repped this.
  13. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It shows a complete lack of respect for the players' careers and more importantly their health... if I were a player I'd refuse to play for a coach like that...

14. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see this game going RSL 4 - 1 SKC. Goals by Wood (2), Taters and Menenendenez.

I'm usually wrong about this stuff, so hopefully two wrongs make a right this time.

15 to 32 repped this.
  15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Menendenzino scoring is bold - I mean, him making the field at all is a complete unknown so far this season. I'd love him coming on and scoring within 3 minutes and/or on his first touch.

2nd Mouse repped this.
  16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the starting lineup looks like this:

Wood
    Meram Chang
    Schmitt Ruiz Caldwell Brody
    Kappelhoff Silva Holt
    MacMath

Bench: Gomez, Herrera, Orozco, Luiz, Loeffelsend, Garcia, Cordova, Menedez

I suppose Herrera could step in for Brody, but I don't think Brody has performed in a way that he deserves to lose his spot. I also don't want Herrera in the back 3 group. His best attribute in this setup is getting forward.

Something to note that I don't know if I mentioned before: There were a good 10-15 kids from the academy sitting in my section against Nashville. It also included Jude Wellings and Axel Kei. I was geeking out. My wife kept hitting me because I was staring at teenagers and that's troublesome.

RSLer, georg, Allez RSL and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meram is out with the Iraq team, so who starts instead? I like Cordova up top, but he is positionally flexible. Is he ready to play after his knock? I think Pablo forgot that Joni is on the team. Is Silva ready to start? Damir might be on the bench. Rubio should be, too. Davis is available.
    What are some 4 man backline options? 4-2-3-1? 4-1-4-1?
    Who is back this week for KC? They've had some injuries, too.

15 to 32 repped this.
  18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    forgot Meram un-retired from Iraq and got called back in

Logically that should be Menendez, but I have zero faith in that actually happening
    Cordova is the next option, but I struggle figuring out how to play him in the road pivot we do to a 3-4-2-1. Maybe Pablo sticks to the more aggressive 3-4-3?

I don't want a 4 man backline, honestly. The team has shown shape and awareness in this 3 man setup with wingbacks tracking. Stay with that. It'll honestly play more like a 5 man backline if we're struggling and that's good.

Rotate Cordova for Meram in the setup above. I think that actually will pivot Wood to be underneath Cordova, on the same line as Chang.

I'd love to see Rubin and Kreilach on the bench, I just don't expect it.
    Silva being back is me being hopeful the toenail thing is as minor as they made it out to be. Uncomfortable in the short term, but once it grows back enough he's fine.

19. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15 to 32, rslfanboy and Allez RSL repped this.
  20. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OUT: Zack Farnsworth (left ankle), Nick Besler (nose), Bret Halsey (right ankle), David Ochoa (right quad), Justen Glad (left hamstring)

QUESTIONABLE: Damir Kreilach (left calf), Aaron Herrera (right calf), Marcelo Silva (right toe), Sergio Cordova (right knee),

ON ASSIGNMENT WITH REAL MONARCHS: Gavin Beavers, Julio Benitez, Jeff Dewsnup, Axel Kei, Jude Wellings

It'll be interesting to see what the back three looks like if Silva can't go.

RSLer repped this.
  21. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    So Herrera is out again for injury precaution, Wood is out because of injury precaution, and Kappelhof just last minute was removed from the XI (probably due to injury precaution). Like, what. The. ********!

15 to 32, Med_Phys and georg repped this.
  22. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eat more spinach!

23. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Surprise 4-4-2?

24. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    It's nice to have Riley on the broadcast

25. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    What a lineup! Seeing menendenhall running around as our #9 is pretty funny.

15 to 32 repped this.