2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying - USA vs Mexico; November 12, 2021

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Juturna67, Nov 4, 2021.

1. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    agreed & thanks for liking my comment :thumbsup:

embarassing recently subbed/fresh Carlos Alberto Rodriguez brought dead-ball new life. Govea would never:whistling:

LGRod repped this.
  2. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Glad i didnt watch lol

Ayo you jinxed us fam! :mad:

3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Also seeing what Canada is doing with a guy like Herdman, who is the guy who reminds me most of Osorio's thing about studying the rivals and also Panama and I think we might have a Tuca Ferretti but in international level. It was a worse way with Chepo but it has the same feel of a guy who doesn't. This BS with Arteaga and the arrogance to think guys like Chaka and Gallardo are in because I say they are in......

Handsome Solo and JJV1994 repped this.
  4. ihateyousomuch

Sunderland
    United States
    Oct 22, 2021
    Mexico's players need to get in the weight room. The American's were out-muscling them all night. They also need faster forwards for nothing else to counter when the Americans push so many numbers forward. In the first half, both of the US saves were aided by the forward being chased down and having his angle cut off.

Robertinho21, Marius Tresor and LGRod repped this.
  5. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I think we're stuck in the same situation we were back in 2013. We won a gold in 2012 olympics and had good young players to transition to the senior team, but the senior coach(Chepo) didn't want to just do a complete change and callup multiple young players. Back then our team was old and slow. Similar to now. Chepo didn't want to leave the Torrado and Castro midfielders out and that cost us multiple games. Similar to starting players like Salcido at LB when there was a young up and coming player in Layun. We eventually changed coaches and put Gallito, Guardado(changed positions to CM from a LM), and Herrera(young olympic winner), which automatically improved our team and dynamics.

We should leave Memo and Raul as the starting veterans, but this team needs to get faster and younger. We need a Layun and Aguilar type change on the full backs. We have them with Arteaga and Sanchez. Montes and Vazquez are set for the CB change. We need a change in the midfield which we have them with Charly, Cordova, and even Romo. And we have the wing players that are fast and creative. It's time to move on from some of these older players.

6. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Modern football doesn’t need dinosaurs with extensive resumes anymore though

7. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All facts. We know the solution to the problem send more players to Europe. That's how we stopped the last cycle of domination by the nads. They will continue to beat us bien if we don't adjust. My favorite stat of all time Gio, Vela and Moreno never lost to the nads when they played together.

8. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
  9. Genos

Genos Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I miss Vela like you wouldn't believe...

Alopez, SGuerrilla and LGRod repped this.
  10. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1459372576321544192 is not a valid tweet id

11. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'll be at the Benavidez fight tomorrow.

After today's result, It'll bring me joy seeing a Paisa put on a beatdown on a poor Nad.

13. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    What are you talking the players? Israel Castro was nowhere near the NT in the Hex and Torrado was a bench player at most. A lot of the Olympic players were already playing sporadically or even starting like HH did against Jamaica. Layun played in the Gold Cup as did many young players and did terrible. I think the player thing was a part but nothing like the total predictability of that team. It wasn't like the Meza era or even Eriksson when it was a completely different team, a lot of those Chepo players made it to the 2014 World Cup and did a 180.

JJV1994 repped this.
  14. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Please leave. Thank you.

metalmaster, LGRod and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  15. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    Maybe or maybe not regarding Javier Hernandez and/or Lainez.

Are we/is Mexican football fooling itself to think Mexico is really more than we think Mexico is?

Can we objectively stand back and look at the panorama? IMO, how can Mexico’s options be Javier Hernandez who is rolling on 35 despite on whether people may care for his style or not playing in the MLS (whether or not the league level is good/bad/indifferent)? How can Lainez be Mexicos option when he does not have 5 full matches in the last 3 years. The USA team played had a lot more YOUNG options who ran 95 minutes.

Robertinho21, Marius Tresor and LGRod repped this.
  16. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Of course and that being said, that doesn’t make someone like Lozano viable at all.

LGRod repped this.
  17. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    Ese es parte del problema del fútbol mexicano. How can mexican fútbol be reliant on 1 player?

Robertinho21, LGRod and JJV1994 repped this.
  18. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nope. This is different. The Beckermans, Eric Lichaj, Carlos Bocanegra, Clarence Goodson, Steve Cherundolo, Michael Bradley, Alejandro Bedoya, Tim Reem's of the World.

Aren't coming back to start on their National team. From here we either improve drastically tactically. Or get run off the field.
    It is what it is.

19. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    Just got back to the hotel from the game. More Mexico fans than I expected but it was still a pro - US crowd. The US just looked way better in the 2nd half. They have players now, not just scrappy types that get lucky breaks due to tactical and general discipline. Mexico has players too, there’s just something off in the execution. Seems to always be the case. We also had guys like Chaka and Cata playing that just aren’t national team material. Chaka was his own special disaster, while Cata’s ceiling is too low. The attacking trident is missing something. Tata keeps trying the single forward but it’s also not working in general. I’m not a fire the coach kinda guy but Tata has lost 3 games to the US, each progressively worse than the other. Have we not seen the FMF fire coaches for much less? He seems irritated and defensive at the press conferences, and the team has taken this personality on. This team needs an injection of balls because it’s the only way out of this funk. Might be time to change direction. Canada is going to be a hard out too and much colder!

20. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Nothing is guarantee just because it happened in the past. They always had youth players but they are now having youth players not in the academies but in the first team. They might run out against Chile but football is getting more physical each time and the fact of it, they are getting benefited in that.

That being said, Martino did get outcoached and unfortunately in that department it does look like more and more, it will continue to happen.

21. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    #446 LAFEFUT, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    i think its too late. If Mexican players aren’t going to be exported and their only option is Liga MX, then Mexico is beyond f’D. With the LigaMX/MLS fusion being inevitable, players from other countries will choose MLS over Mexico due to quality of living at minimum and followed by levels being same. Couple that with Mexico no longer participating in Libertadores or in CONMEBOL, what competitions does Mexico have to up its up? Mexico’s fútbol owners know this but they also know that the USA/ Mexico dynamics are unique with a lot of paisanos living in the USA willing to pay anything to see their America or Chivas. For crying out loud, there was that cringe Chivas USA. This is not a per match/tournament thing, it’s a long term endeavor- a chess vs checkers thing

22. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    It is absolutely unacceptable to be blacklisting players. I get it, it happens, but refusing to call a player like Arteaga for personal reasons is so close minded it reeks of incompetence.

23. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's not a race. Nor is this a competition with the U.S. We just improve our technical skills when we improve them.
    Now we would get more results dealing with these Athletic teams in a 5-3-2.
    But that's not Futbol. What we need to do. Is just keep on improving technically and continue playing the 4-3-3 formation.

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS helps the USMNT with its salary cap. If a young player making $100,000 is good enough to start, he will get minutes and develop if he has the talent. salary capped leagues put a premium on finding and developing players when they’re on their first contract. Two types of teams win Super Bowls: teams with good quarterbacks on their rookie contract, and teams with Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

The structure of MLS means that it has a lot of 18-20 year old players who get minutes, which means the best young MLSers go to Europe at a very young age.

Robertinho21 and Marius Tresor repped this.
  25. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #450 LGRod, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    [​IMG]