2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers - AFC

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Felix Herve Caroll

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ivory Coast
    Marc Wilmots is coaching Iran. I doubt he'll succeed there. He didn't go very well with Belgium (2016) and Côte d'Ivoire.

2. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    AFC announces proposed dates for upcoming Asian Qualifiers

"The latest decision has been taken with a view to completing the Preliminary Joint Qualification Round 2 by November 2020 and to commence the subsequent FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Asian Qualifiers Final Round as well as the play-off matches for the AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Round 3 Qualifiers by the March 2021 match dates in the FIFA International Calendar."

Matchday 7: October 8
    Matchday 8: October 13
    Matchday 9: November 12
    Matchday 10: November 17

3. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This may cause us some issues but we will see. Not sure how we can host international football matches with the current restrictions our Government has in place and three of those games are home fixtures for us. Maybe something can be worked out.

4. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Neutral venues, perhaps? I wonder if the bigger teams will be willing to do that though. Before all the fixtures got postponed, China's FA arranged two of their matches to be played in Thailand.

5. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Neutral venues is a possibility, although Australian based players may have to serve some sort of quarantine on return. The FFA has a few things to sort out before then.

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Nassau County, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    The remaining matches have been postponed again and will take place next year. Dates are yet to be confirmed.

voiceoflg repped this.
  8. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Deportivo Wanka, Semen Padang, Dinamo Bender, Fotballaget Fart
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember back in the 80s and 90s, growing up in Oman, watching the AFC qualifiers... the final round of qualifiers for both the 1990 and 1994 world cups were a single game round robin on around 6 teams played in Doha over a couple of weeks. Was actually kind of exciting, I remember UAE qualifying due to Qatar scoring twice against China in injury time and Iraq equalizing in the last minute eliminate Japan and send South Korea through. Anyhoo, my point is, I'm wondering if this is what it eventually comes to if qualifiers keep getting delayed.