2022 Fifa World Cup Qatar Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 12, 2022.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    No jabs...all good!

Oh, No!! sux bro...doing anything about that?

2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not sure which vaccine you had administered, but it sounds like you have a preexisting condition.

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh.... Well, you do you I guess.

nmssis repped this.
  4. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Brazil squad announced. No Firmino. Wow.

Seol Korea repped this.
  5. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I didnt get any jab. I didn't wear mask even when it was mandatory and I'm safe. My heart as well.

nmssis, seolseol and Kamtedrejt repped this.
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was surprised to see him get snubbed as well. A lot of us were sure he'd go to the WC, but the boss always has other ideas and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for Tite also.

Lots of surprise snubs/exclusions have happened in the past, and this is one of them.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pfizer. Welll its not even a secret anymore it could ******** up your heart.

nmssis repped this.
  8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Got some medicin, and relax.

nmssis repped this.
  9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just out of curiosity, what made you opt out of getting vaccinated if you don't mind me asking? I mean, I am well aware on why a handful of people aren't getting it (It's far more political than you think), I also understand why @seolseol stopped after his second dose even though I'd still encourage him to finish getting the booster after consulting his doctor.

I'm in by no means trying to put you down for not getting the jab or anything, but please bear in mind on why I am critical regarding covid and the pandemic. 1. It is a serious issue/matter that I take seriously. And, I care for the health and safety of the people even if it means you're a POS, because I wouldn't want them going around infecting others even though it has happened and it is still happening as we speak. 2. There's just a sheer amount of insane nutjobs that like to believe in stupid conspiracies enough to think that it's either a non issue or it doesn't exist (They can't makeup their minds). The very same people that will discourage you and ridicule you for doing the right thing. The very same people that tell you you're living in fear for wearing a mask or you're a sheep for taking the jab when ironically they're afraid to do either.

I apologize for going off on a tangent and off topic, and if @Lionel Richie wishes to move or clear up my posts, then he's free to do so. At least do it in time before Mr. Cliché comes in here with a long hyperbole on why my post is "pure cliche" :laugh:.

10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, I know about the inflammation/myocarditis issue they had with Pfizer as such during the earlier phase of the vaccine, but of my understanding it was due to patients with pre-existing medical conditions. Have you talked to your doctor, and was Pfizer the only option in Sweden?

It truly sucks on what happened to you though, but glad that you're doing fine.

11. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    They had less than one year to develop this shit. No way they can test thoroughly within that time frame. I refused to take it at first but then all of my family members took it. Peer pressure.

seolseol repped this.
  12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They have admit they did not know shite. That so many people trust in it 100% is beyond my belief.

It turned into kind of cult behaviour

Radu Razvan repped this.
  13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok, before this starts getting derailed, I would like to say this. Albeit it took nearly 3 decades to develop the first flu vaccine, time has past on by and science has definitely gotten better, equipments have gotten better, as well as the researchers/doctors/scientists who all are a part of virology and epidemiology. So, I just find it rather funny that after all of the major vaccines that's been released in the past, somehow this vaccine is an automatic "no", but of course you're inclined to believe in whatever you believe in because after all, it's "your body your choice". However, I do have to sincerely question with the knowledge aspect because it's clear as day that a lot are still ill-informed/misinformed.

Also, it's not peer pressure but a preventative measure that your family were willing to make, so I wouldn't blame them but rather thank them for that.

Who's "they"? Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, CDC, WHO, Fauci?

Also, the cult behavior was primarily caused by covid deniers that believes in QAnon conspiracies, all of which who can't tell the difference between left and right or night and day. Not the people who are trying to save lives.

Again, you're inclined to believe in whatever you believe in as well, but I know you two are smarter and better than sheeples.

I once again apologize if my post is coming off rather offensive (It isn't meant that way), just a bit disappointed is all. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop all discussions regarding football with anyone of you that didn't get vaccinated, after all you're good members here.

the rainmaker repped this.
  14. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #114 LeeSeungWoo, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    I am a scientist myself so I am not misinformed. In fact, my company develops diagnostic kits with antibiotics including the ones for covid. So I know how things work in general. They have never developed vaccines this fast before. Regardless of how far we progressed with science, you just can't make clinical tests faster drastically. You can't test long term effects without doing clinical tests on various groups of ppl for a few years. They barely did clinical trials on pregnant women and children and yet these companies firmly believe it is safe..

Doctors don't know either.. Our OBGYN herself agreed there are not many tests done so she said she couldn't guarantee it is safe for my pregnant wife.. Talked to several other doctors. Same answer. "Not enough tests done, so we don't know for sure". One of them actually called my wife a guinea pig.. It is a fact so I couldn't agree more. But we still took it. I am not against vaccines at all. It is the opposite in general for an obvious reason.

Radu Razvan and Seol Korea repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What are you specified in science/what is your expertise? I took all 4 of Moderna and I am not dead or messed up in any way. In fact, it has done a good job at combating the virus itself thus far, otherwise without it, it could've been terrible or at worse fatal. Granted the virus has been mutating to become far more resistant, it is a sure thing we have vaccines.

16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Double majored in immunology + biology. My family members and I aren't dead either :thumbsup:

Radu Razvan and Seol Korea repped this.
  17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Double majored huh? Must've taken you over 8 years or so to become a scientist, at least from what I understand, it takes roughly 8 to 10 years to become a scientist in whichever field you desire to get into. Wasn't there another member who was also a doctor of some sort?

By the way, at least you know very well not to take Ivermectin :laugh:. Those people are insane to even dare falling for that.

18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Took me only 4 years to graduate. Studied for masters while working.

LOL. What about disinfectants suggested by Trump.

Seol Korea repped this.
  19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    4 years? Damn, you must have a lot of butt power. And yeah, the orange idiot also touted about chloroquine being a form of "cure", and someone was dumb enough to believe it and died smh.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  20. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania

I prefer to believe in "conspirancy". So over two years since they started this shit and literally no one has died because the dangerous virus who has hit the world suddenly like in a story for obedient people. You have a guy here who studies science who tells you some things about the shit vaccine and you don't believe him. Science, medicine, progress... All in human minds my boy. Just illusions, human life is full of fictions in which they believe of course. Those in power take advantage of this because they know most of people have vulnerable minds. The reality is that this shit has destroyed a lot of businesses and a lot of people have become poor. Call me how you want, nihilist or misanthrope, but you can't deny the current reality. I hate so much this modern world in which all is false and charmed. Smoke and mirrors like American politics...Medicine can be good till one point, but I look at me before and after I changed my lifestyle. Before I used to eat and drink all the shits that they sell in their supermarkets from a lot of meat to chips and cola and of course I used to take a lot of pills when I had a headache or a banal flu. Now usually I don't have these problems and when I have I don't take pills but eating a lot of fruits and doing sports. But the pharmaceutical industry is big, isn't it? Medicine can be useful if you broke your leg, but otherwise is a war for money between those who makes the pills for those people who eat unhealthy and go to the pharmacy after that.

Don't reply to my post to end the off-topic here, but think to this before going to sleep in the next days. After a lot centuries in which human being have failed to attain Nirvana through religion now they have a new belief, the belief in progress. I believe this is a false, a fiction, an illusion. Medicine is part of progress.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes.
    Dont get me wrong. Im not saying it helped many. I just mean it all sounded so good and unproblematic at the beginning . Take your vaccine, you wont get sick, you cant infect others bla bla. Thats all bullshite of course. I get that most of the people bought it.

And of course what happend to me does not help the issue.
    I think it will always will be divided in two "cult" camps.

nmssis repped this.
  22. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    The vaccine is safe and it works. You can actually test for anti-body and it shows up after the shot. Scientists are not all angels but they are not evil either. The "X-file mentality" has become a true menace in this century. Conspiracy theories should be stopped.
    Some scientists believe in creationism so clearly there are some not-very-bright weirdos among them. That some scientists said this and that should not carry that much weight especially if it involves a conspiracy theory. Kurt Gödel tried to produce a mathematical proof of existence of God, so some very bright people can do weird and stupid things. This tendency is amplified among people not so bright and educated as evidenced by some posters in this thread.

Seol Korea and yhr88 repped this.
  23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Work, yeah. Safe, no. Not for all.

24. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC