2022 Fifa World Cup Qatar Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 12, 2022.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Morocco is going to be tough but I'm hopping to see a rematch between France v Croatia but with Croats winning it all.

Testator repped this.
  2. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #577 Testator, Dec 11, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    Thank you for the kind wishes. I am hoping Oršić gets more minutes.:D

I know it's not popular, but the successes defensive teams have had at this World Cup might swing the KFA into appointing a manager who knows a thing or two about defense. KNT already has KMJ, it just needs a solid defensive system, and a reliable CDM.

Bluewings21 repped this.
  3. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Didn't he play in the K-League once?
    He has a son born in Korea.

Testator repped this.
  4. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #579 Testator, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    Twice, actually. That same son rooted for Korea, and Mislav shared a photo as evidence (after the Uruguay game). Caption: “Made in Korea”

5. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Played for Jeonnam and Ulsan

Testator repped this.
  6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Jeez. Messi is a god.

seolseol and kimchipride repped this.
  7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Unreal

8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @Testator Tough luck on the loss, I was hoping Croatia would win but Messi is truly a one of a kind player unlike that diva 오프사이두. But, your team can keep their heads up high for their great run at the second consecutive semi-finals appearance under Dalic and I'll be rooting for them for a 3rd place finish.

Testator repped this.
  9. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Thank you. Lack of rotation throughout the tournament killed us. And insistence on reputation over functionality within the formation.

Do tell if you book a flight to Croatia. Talking to Koreans live is a rare opportunity.

Seol Korea repped this.
  10. Pacman 3rd Time

South Korea
    Jul 11, 2020
    Again, Argentina gets another dodgy penalty. This WC is so rigged. FIFA is so desperate to sell the Messi GOAT narrative to kids. Maradona is gone and Pele is soon as well.

Testator repped this.
  11. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Even without the penalty, he dominated the match..

seolseol repped this.
  12. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Up until the penalty, the game was...a typical Croatia game.

Pacman 3rd Time repped this.
  13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Who knows what would've happened if the penalty wasn't given. Croatia probably had to give up their defense to score and probably that's why Messi was able to destroy you.

It was still a good run for Croatia. Be proud!

Testator repped this.
  14. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    The softer a penalty the greater the negative impact. If it was a clear PK then then one could say "Let's not do it again. Our fault" but if not then the side become really uneasy about the referee's intentions and become timid when defending. They also have to open up more to get an equalizer so the PK has a double effect.

Brazil's PK against Korea had a similar effect. It led to the 3rd and 4th goal. Korea also suffered the same fate in the Olympic game vs Mexico.

I don't know enough about soccer rules to determine whether the PK was legit but I am sure Japan could get away with it, no PK against Japan but a PK for Japan after a VAR. What a charade VAR is. The goalie did not appear to have tripped him intentionally but the Argentinian ran into it. Or the goalie is a great actor.

People are mesmerized by Messi and so quickly are resigned to the fact the better team won. But it is deceptive since with proper defending Messi would not have done and may not do the same in the final.
    This is similar to Brazil vs Korea. Yes the better team won but better teams often lose and Brazil were not able to show the same fancy moves against Croatia.

Anyway France 2-0 Morocco
    Morocco don't look African.
    France don't look European.
    But
    Argentina look Argentinian(short Whitish guys. Maradona looks mixed though).
    Croatia look Croatian(tall White guys.)

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :laugh:
    Sent to me by my Moroccan coworker

Attached Files:

Testator and seolseol repped this.
  16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hahaa had to laugh at this.
    Morocco is arabs. And France is the upper throne if Europes multi culturism.

nmssis repped this.
  17. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I am still too lazy to look up the rule book but if I apply the Basketball rule it was definitely a foul. The keeper moved a little bit after the Argentinian took the last step. But I am pretty sure that the rules are different. The basketball rule on defensive foul was made to encourage Julius Erving/Michael Jordan kind of moves.

Morocco is not Arab. Arabs don't have such a clear majority status. Berbers are not Arabs, they are not even Semitic even though Afro-Asiatic.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well its a big question.
    Not all say they are berbers.

19. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    TBH, it was a penalty. But so was one foul against Morocco yesterday, and it wasn’t given.

20. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Penalties are the worst part of soccer. For a sport where it’s so difficult to score a single goal, it’s so bad that a minor foul like Jung WY’s kick to a player with his back to goal shut the game closed. And yes, the referees discretion is a huge factor in giving penalties.

I wish they’d just make the player take the penalty from the location of the foul / make it a freekick with no wall allowed. Would make the game much fairer.

seolseol repped this.
  21. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #596 Testator, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    In reality, Croatia have a manager that doesn’t want to rotate when necessary. Now, for the 3. place game, he suddenly will.:mad:

If in 4 years’ time, KNT have a manager who gets a strong WC run going, and shows good decision making, while Dalić insists on running players into the ground, in case KNT and Croatia meet, I will cheer for Korea.

So help me Dangun, or I deserve a heart attack for making a false pledge.

22. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Mislav Oršić scored a very nice goal to put Croatia 2-1 up against Morocco before half time. Croatia playing with lot of attacking intent- heavily rotated squad.

seolseol repped this.
  23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Congrats

Testator repped this.
  24. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    My homeland has secured a second bronze medal in some 30 years of existence. The fiery spirit burns. The new guys have an eternal memory now. In 4 years, we have to try again.

25. Shinović

Shinović Member

Jul 5, 2016
    AFTV Studio
    GOAT debate over. Congratulations to Messi.

kimchipride repped this.