2022 Fifa World Cup Qatar Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 12, 2022.

1. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Everyone used to compare even when we were better.

2. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I am upset that Japan won but more than that I am upset because they used up all the luck allocated to AFC until 2042.

Referees are pissed and they will be extra hard on Korea tomorrow because to most of them - referees are just failed jocks - both Korea and Japan are just part of China.

Japan set a new record. The won with just 18 percent possession. They had 3 shots on goal and 2 went in. If Spain's goalie were Kim SeungKyu all 3 would have gone in.
    Kim SG this fool needs to be replaced.

3. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it should be ok if KOR learns from japan's success and we get better.

4. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #379 gunitinug, Dec 1, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    google says 17% possession for JPN. moriyasu must be a tactical genius.

jpn and KOR are developing their football in *different* directions, that itself is clear. it is also evident that jpn has prepared with a long-term goal to reach this point. we should set a long-term goal of our own (suiting to our own style of play).

5. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Yea they gave up their possession game against Germany and Spain. They apparently did it on purpose after accepting the fact that they are the weaker side + can't do that against the giants.

6. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    My take on this is that it is in. The largest part of a sphere is the center line and the best picture I can find shows the camera slightly behind the goal line and the closest edge of the ball right at the goal line. They may have had different angles that showed this more accurately.

7. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Actually if the vertical projection has any part of it within the white paint line it is considered in. It is different from basketball or volleyball. The ball was in on that photo but one should see that there is a visible space between the foot and the ball, so the ball was out almost 100 percent between the frames.

8. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    KFA are idiots for hiring yet another failed manager with a hard-on for possession football, even after they saw their own team beat defending champion Germany 2-1 in the World Cup with a counterattacking style. World football trends were also clearly moving away from possession football for a while now.

I'm not saying Moriyasu is an amazing manager or anything, but he at least clearly knows what kind of style an AFC team needs to play to beat more talented squads unlike Bento. Japan used the Brazil friendly to work on their defense. Korea used the Brazil friendly to work on their offense.

9. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    People hating on Bento when he has us playing toe-to-toe against good sides. I appreciate what we have, consider that KFA is probably gonna hire some bum like Kim Hakbum or Hwang Sunhong next

12th Player repped this.
  10. beejayblanco

beejayblanco Member

Mar 11, 2021
    For once in decades we had a competent manager that didn't scream to get fired in the middle of world cup qualification. This time the qualification process went smoothly and the team surprised everyone with draw vs uruguay and nice tuhon against ghana. But when you got shit players who can't score sitters (HUJ) and when you compare Ghana players who all play in top flight football. you get the bad outcome.

11. beejayblanco

beejayblanco Member

Mar 11, 2021
    why learn from japan when you can learn from brazil? oh wait its not about learning. its about culture and grassroots and other things that cant be learned in the class room like math or league of legends!

12. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Referee equivalent of “all (East) Asians look alike”?

13. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    this post is foolish and premised on false assumptions and perceptions

doraemon repped this.
  14. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I hope you are right actually. But Koreans definitely overestimate the good will of the world. The young generations grew up with corny BS like "We are the world" "the World village(지구촌)" etc.
    On Korean boards they naively believe that assaults on Koreans abroad are due to the attackers mistaking Koreans for Chinese and they go on blaming Chinese. But that is just so naïve. They knew they were Korean but they think Koreans are partially to be blamed for the Chinese Virus because Koreans are "a sort of" Chinese as well.

This will be never convincing to native Koreans or Korean Americans with less than 30 years of residency here.

15. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    It will be a mistake if Korea "leans" from Japan.
    Other than that Korea should scrap the possession football, there is nothing to learn and Korea will not be able to "learn" it anyway.
    Also luck is very hard to learn too.

16. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We have some strange people on these forums. No wonder everyone left.

HandsomeVoice, Shinović and nmssis repped this.
  17. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    It's not 1998 anymore, top AFC teams now have the quality to go toe to toe with decent World Cup sides. The KNT playing competitively in the WC should not be enough to prove that Bento is a good manager or that the choices he's made have been the right ones.

Bento wasn't the worst choice per se but I just don't think he had the right vision for this team. Possession football has never been and probably will never be our thing. This team really should've invested more time and effort on practicing staying defensively compact and countering quickly off the break.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    cant agree more

nmssis repped this.
  19. the rainmaker

the rainmaker Member

DCFC
    Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    what the f*ck? Mods, ban this tool already.

Goal!! repped this.
  20. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    They never liked you much in case you don't remember.

21. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just making things up now huh. Just like the conspiracy you have about refs having an agenda against Korea cause of China and COVID.

22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
  23. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Literally millimeters in.

24. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Like most educated in hard science and mathematics, I am a skeptic on most issues. I don't buy things like UFO, ESP, creationism, miracles etc. Likewise I am not that sold on Lee Kang In. Even if he played full time from the 1st game, Korea might not have had good results. He should not be deified.

On the other hand, almost every single soccer expert and former player thought Lee Kang In should be groomed for the NT. It was almost unanimous. Bento made some weird decisions that hurt Korean soccer immeasurably. Now it is too little and too late that Bento finally likes Lee.

Jho Kyuseong was Kim Hakbeon's credit. So is Hwang Uijo. He defended Na Sangho and if Na does well in this WC that may a small vindication for Bento. But Bento has very few new players in his credit. He chased after the outdated possession football which is not doing well in this WC even by other teams. Irrespective of tomorrow I declare him a failure.

However I won't criticize him by comparing results with Japan's. I don't think Japan's manager is special. If he was he should have won the AC. He may have hit the jackpot with his counter attacking football. I cannot blame him for doing what gives his team wins. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't use his tactics if Korea could win WC games with it but in the long run at least I don't want his style even if it makes Korea a world class team.

25. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    That actually means it was out according to Isaac Newton. His foot was still not touching the ball and was at least half an inch from it. Unless the ball was slowly rolling, in which case there is available a more immediate picture that shows the moment of contact, the ball most likely went out.

The youtube does not deny it but seems to require a clear shot that shows the ball out. But it is a rule that was arbitrarily made up. Physicists probably would have made a different decision.