2022 FIFA WC Qualifying - Mexico vs El Salvador; March 30, 2022

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not your cueva

Philip J. Fry and LGRod repped this.
  2. El Verde

El Verde Member+

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    As rough as our attacked had looked at times, I think our defense has really stood out. They’re confident, hungry and skilled. Yes, they’re young and still make mistakes (Arteaga vs. Nads) but I haven’t been this high on a Mexico defense in a long time. We just need to make sure Chaka isn’t called up.

GrandeSoccer, JJV1994, Kaney and 6 others repped this.
  3. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Or CAF. Jesus, that one's unforgiving.

4. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I wonder if Brazilians think they should be in UEFA...

5. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Yeah there are 6 confeds. If there are 2-3 which are at least as brutal as ours, I think it loses all meaning to call ours brutal.

Philip J. Fry and AMLO2018 repped this.
  6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Caf is horrible because the pressure of each game is unmatched. Ghana barely topped our pool so the coach was fired. New coach had us play poorly at cup of Nations so he was fired. Third coach got us into the WC thanks to away goal.

Let's not forget in 2014, Mexico almost didn't qualify. Qualifying wherever it is it's not easy because football has a game doesn't follow sense. I mean all it takes is one cold to win and you get free games like Italy versus North Macedonia. Or I'm going to be Nigeria despite it being a draw at one one but Ghana got the away goal due to bad goalkeeper.

7. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    WCQ are brutal....regardless of confederation...

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  8. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I was on the Nads board and some guys said qualifying is easy it's advancing in the World Cup that's hard?!

I was like dafuq?!

9. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oh yeah, so easy that they failed to make the WC in 2018

10. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We aren't a WC winning team, however neither are another 24 or so that will be in the WC. I still think we area team that is good enough to get through to knockout stages. Mexico has done that every WC since USA94, only ONE other country can lay claim to that in the World. I know I know, I'd rather win a WC than have that streak, but do you know how many countries would like to say that they have made every WC since 1994 and made eveyr single knockout stage? At least the other 26 squads that don't aren't looking to win the WC in 2022. Can we be better, hell yeah, but we could be a lot worse every 4 years.

11. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So US played with basically their "A" team and CR played with B-C team as they had so many players with Yellows and didn't want to risk them being out for the playoff game and US still lost. If only we had beaten them last week, they would have been in the playoff instead of CR.

It's funny how now US is saying that it doesn't matter how you qualify or which spot, what matters is that you qualify. I remember all those times that US would qualify ahead of Mexico and keep talking themselves up beacuse of that saying they were much better since they qualified higher. lol, they always push their narrative

12. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That’s everyone. Had they finished above us I’m sure there would have been people saying “well you didn’t qualify last WC” or “we’ve qualified X amount of times in a row”

Kaney, wolfpupz and JJV1994 repped this.
  13. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    The point is the nads were hooting and hollering how they would finish above everyone in qualifying.

Obviously the point is to qualify but the spazzos continue to think they’re better than they are…they stay delusional lol.

Kaney, Serg33, GrandeSoccer and 5 others repped this.
  14. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Imo we should play the 4231 with Lianez as the 10. I think he has the play making ability to open more things up for us in dangerous positions.

Charly or whoever is the other mid in the 4-3-3 is not working for us and is usually the worst player on the field.

beat junky, SGuerrilla and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  15. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wouldn't mind Antua at RW, Chuky at his natural LW, Tec at the 10 and RJ. Either.

That's an explosive wing coupled with our quick Full Backs. Might be one of the fastest wings ever for us really.

16. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Nadfans are the biggest Rules For Thee But Not For Me POS out there

"wE wOn ThE hEx!" every time they finish first. Even when they do worse at the WC, which is more important, they'll still point at the Hex like the neckbeard meme.

But now, all of a sudden, it's different, the nationleague and B gold cup count more, right. No one buys their sh--, yet they still yap away like nutcases.

Appreciate Grimjow, RG and Deadtigers comin thru, we support you as well. Loved it in 06 and 2010 when Ghana owned the nads. They're your sons.