2022 FIFA WC Qualifying - Honduras vs Mexico; March 27, 2022

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guti's not that good. For those that are pinning their hopes on him because he's playing with PSV, I recommend they catch a game. Too few incisive passes to be an AM and not enough athleticism to be a DM. He's very good at those side-to-side and short diagonal passes though.

He's not the answer. Let's just be happy he's proven everyone wrong and won himself a spot with PSV, even if just momentarily.

2. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    I think this is the most RJ9 can give from this point forward. Still a good player, but not as good as pre injury.

Like I said before Mexican football started to go to shit once we left the libertadores and filled the league with mostly mediocre foreigners. Sucks, but there's nothing we can do Mexico is corrupt in everything

3. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dang only 4 pages here.

LGRod repped this.
  4. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wait til wc time I bet we'll get returning members and outsiders

SGuerrilla, AMLO2018 and sidspaceman repped this.
  5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Not so sure we'll get numbers during the WC. Reddit has almost everyone now, and the only time I see this site get mentioned there is when they talk about "the old days".

7. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    I took a long break from here, just busy with life stuff, and I was surprised to see the drop in activity. Makes sense with how people consume social media now. I do also think the drop in form of the club and the general bad vibes continuously surrounding the federation have contributed. Nothing stays the same…

8. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the draw is on Friday? Sheeeit...

JJV1994, SGuerrilla, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  9. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so.. according to peeps

...Con el triunfo de hoy la Selección Mexicana requiere de una victoria o un empate para amarrar el boleto directo al Mundial. Incluso hasta una derrota lo podría hacer, siempre y cuando Costa Rica no le gane a Estados Unidos por más de cinco goles.

LGRod and DGreat repped this.
  10. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rest easy we in.

LGRod and JJV1994 repped this.
  11. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    Was it just me or did almost every sub play better than a person that was replaced? I think my only exception would be Charly and Brujo.

LGRod repped this.
  12. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    Out of all of our NT attackers, they are all subs and except Vega. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I think RJ9 is a starter but his DT came out not too long ago and said that there is a difference post injury and pointed out that when RJ9 headers, the ball goes in a different direction.

The midfielders are similar. HH only recently started playing and although Guardado is out, same applies to him although he plays longer in a match. Edson plays regular and it shows. Orbelin although not called up, doesn’t play at all.

Defense - Arteaga plays for the most part and so do the rest.m that played this window.

Memo? The guy could be out for months and he would still be the NT starter.

In short, this is a direct reflection of the poor operating model Mexican fútbol has.

Alopez, SGuerrilla, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  13. El Verde

El Verde Member+

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    All of our attackers are starters at their clubs when healthy. They’re all in good form at their clubs, too. Tata’s gameplan is not helping them.

LGRod, AMLO2018 and JJV1994 repped this.
  14. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    Lozano was out for some time, RJ9 is mostly a starter, Lainez doesn’t play, Antuna plays regular but I don’t believe he plays all 90.

Tecate, who i forgot, plays at Sevilla now and so does Vega.

LGRod repped this.
  15. El Verde

El Verde Member+

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Meant our starting attackers but yes, Lainez needs to start playing regularly ASAP.

LGRod and AMLO2018 repped this.
  16. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    heard that before.. then I’m biting my nails the last 5 mins of the game.

LGRod repped this.
  17. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Perhaps I’m wrong but I think Mexico would have to lose and CR would have win by multiple goals to flip the gd. Mexico is +4.

I’m not nervous.

JJV1994, SGuerrilla, LGRod and 2 others repped this.
  18. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    I think either one way all current top 4 go with the 4th being repechaje. If CR ends up there, I think they would beat the non-Conmebol team.

SGuerrilla and LGRod repped this.
  19. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, Panamá is officially out. The only question is who'll play the play-off

SGuerrilla, LGRod and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  20. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I love RJ9 and all, and hope he can regain his form but can't Tata also use a false 9? Raul has been doing a lot of work in the midfield and dropping down a lot. When it comes down to a cross, he's usually way behind, not close to the box, or not pushed up far enough. The way I see it, another forward can take that spot, and not necessarily a striker. Might be wrong but that's my observation.

Romario'sgurl, SGuerrilla, LGRod and 3 others repped this.
  21. Plutarco Elias Calles

Atletico San Pancho
    Mexico
    Sep 4, 2021
    Lainez lost so much crucial development years at Betis. It's a shame.

22. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He’s still better off a bench player at Betis than a starter at América. Euro players just overall have another gear to them.

I’m just happy he made the jump unlike Montes who, despite all the potential, plateaued in Liga MX.

DGreat, GrandeSoccer, blue4211 and 3 others repped this.
  23. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    Maybe. There’s a level of physical intensity that a soccer player experiences only in real game settings, especially in the age bracket he’s in. Agreed that Euro players tend to play at a different gear and talent level, but there’s no question that missing real game time can only be a detriment to his development. He needs to leave Betis asap. Spain is as bad as anywhere when it comes to politics, mismanagement and general impatience with foreigners. Too late to turn back the clock and make the obvious call and go to Ajax. All that’s left is for him to move on.

SGuerrilla and JJV1994 repped this.
  24. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I forgot there was a game. lol

25. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    #125 LAFEFUT, Mar 29, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    If I had to guess, he stays in Seville (Real Betis) due to his family being comfortable there. He has a significant amount of photos with his mom and dog uploaded to social media. There isn’t anything wrong with that as these guys also have their priorities

The guy is not bad and has shown to have decent and above 1v1 skills.

I don’t understand why he is insistent on staying there as he is going into year 4 (FOUR). I don’t believe he has 5 FULL matches played during his tenure there. I have more time playing at my rec leagues.

It is such a waste of time from the sports aspect.