2022 CONMEBOL Qualifiers?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by HomietheClown, Aug 19, 2020.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    For folks buying through Fanatiz, just be warned that your stream is not going to look anything like ESPN, NBC, CBS, or BeIN's main channels through Sling. Your stream is going to pixilate and the grass will look like digital blotches. If you choose to email Fanatiz, they will tell you that (A) it is your connection and/or (B) the problem is with the feed. If you have Sling and watch on BeIN a couple days later, you will see that the image looks good, so Fanatiz will not own up to the fact that they have crap servers pumping out a low-grade stream. If you don't care about this lower quality for the price you will pay, then you'll be happy. If you do care about the quality, I would avoid the internet for a couple days and watch on delay.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yikes! That sucks for the 7 people that bought the PPV.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    For those of you who do not want to wait for the BeIN replays if you do a search on YouTube for partido completos you may be happy to find some things.

Just a heads up.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    At least there are no spoilers during the BeIn replays. Watching Uruguay v Chile on ñ now and the ticker only shows results from club leagues played 9-10 days ago. Nor were there any spoilers at halftime.

HomietheClown repped this.
  5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the first game, so there was nothing to spoil yet.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup, that's why I watched it first. But there was still a risk because they could've ran the conmebol qualifying scores in their ticker.

7. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The live PPV games have BeIN "talent" (Arg-Ecuador had Phil and Ray in English) and the BeIN type graphics, so the BeIN repeats are just a recording of what was shown PPV.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just a heads up, I know a guy who called up Sling customer service and was able to get a 10 dollar credit because he mentioned he may switch to Fanatiz due to their offer being better for Qualifiers.
    Just a little tip for those of you who do not know you can always haggle.

I am sure you can do the same with Fubo since they do not even offer them and claim to be the best for soccer.

Redbullsnation2012 and daniloni repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    During the ARG-ECU match Phil and Ray did "spoil" the results of the other 2 CONMEBOL qualifiers that were completed before the match in Buenos Aires. Not complaining, just pointing-out that if you are waiting 48-72 hours to watch on Bein and want to see multiple matches per round, its important to watch them in the order that they were played.

10. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I stopped my BeIN sub when I canceled Sling after COVID-related league shutdowns happened. But for more than a decade BeIN has not used a ticker. Then when the season began again they decided to start using a news crawl? This is hilarious. At what point does a network producer decide that this new fangled thing called a newscrawl need to be implemented? Why was the ticker not needed in the past but needed now?

11. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    It should be abolished on all channels. When I watch TV, I want the program I choose to watch to fill the whole screen. I can check scores and news on my phone.

Redbullsnation2012 and beInSchwartz repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I may be wrong but I assume networks use the ticker as an advertisement tool. Since they have to go 45 minutes without running any traditional commercials, they see the ticker as a way to squeeze-in a bit of advertising. You'll notice there is often a company sponsoring the ticker and/or included in the crawl is upcoming programming on that channel.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I like the crawl. I don't always have my phone or device when I am watching TV so getting some random news or headline is not bad for me when they have some sort of weird soccer tennis match or un affiliated wrestling battle going on.

14. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I read that Xfinity only charged $7 per game, Sling charged $30, and DirecTV charged $40. Can anyone explain that?

15. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nothing makes sense ‍

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Is it really true that Xfinity only charged $7?

17. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think xfinity gets PPV from indemand, which is what most cable companies use (spectrum, etc). I doubt it was $7.

18. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    What about $7.99?

19. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t know if this is proof since this guy obviously doesn’t even have xfinity. I’ll look into it next round.

20. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    OK. Thanks. There were many other Tweets like that one, saying that the games were $7 or $7.99 through Xfinity. It would be interesting to know if that really was the case.

21. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having seen many people on Argentines in the USA groups on Facebook swear up and down (and tell me I was wrong for stating the contrary) that the games were either live on BeIN or on Fanatiz for $7.99, this is my translation of the tweet you saw (and note that two of the tweets stating $7 were on the same thread): step 1 — they confused “xfinity” with “Fanatiz.” Step 2 — they confused the Fanatiz basic plan ($7.99) with PPV. I saw many people claim that it was on Fanatiz for $7.99. I confirmed that the games were offered through indemand on xfinity, so it would be strange that they were $7.99 for all cable providers but more for dish, FITE, DTV (which did charge more I can confirm), Fanatiz, etc. ISM was the rights holder that sold the games to all including indemand, so it wouldn’t make sense to sell it for so much less to one. When I had Comcast for the 2010 qualifiers, the games were $29.99, but as I said, i am curious so I’ll check in November.

22. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This tweet (from a guy who actually has xfinity) doesn’t seem to suggest a $7.99 price. I’ve asked him how much he paid. (Plus he didn’t get his game which is on brand for Comcast.) IMG_2043.PNG

23. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Maybe that is the explanation. But the games really should be $7.99 or $6.99, or less.

24. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I think multi-sport fans really like the ticker because they can track scores across games, but here are the big problem for me: most networks don't actually use the ticker for live scores. Fox Deportes was king of this. They did not use a ticker during live Libertadores matches but used a ticker during delayed matches. That ticker featured goal leaders in MLS, table standing for European leagues, and then headline news that seemed to be driven by pushing people to the web site. That headline news was never urgent. It was always info. like: Can Messi extend his scoring streak. The whole thing was a bizarre waste of screen space.

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't care about a tiny bit of distortion, many TVs have a stretch option as well.