2022 CONMEBOL Qualifiers?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by HomietheClown, Aug 19, 2020.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Especially when the matches are shown for free on delay (and at more convenient times).

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, its a concern. I am hoping that 2 days later the results will no longer be 'ticker news'.

But there would seem to be a big risk that the broadcast will mention or display other scores at random, especially with the large overlap of kick-off times. So I would watch the matches in the order that they were actually played if you want to watch more than 1 match from each round.

3. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    They show results from the previous round of whatever it is they're running on the ticker, regardless of whether it was the day before or 5 days before, so 2 days will not save you. Make sure you have something to cover it up.

Redbullsnation2012 and BocaFan repped this.
  4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally showed up on DirecTV... they want $40 per game. I went with Fanatiz. 2 games for $50. I'm already an annual subscriber so I'll write them to see if they can tack on 3 extra months. If they run the same promotion every set of qualifiers, then you kind of get Fanatiz basic for "free" for a while.

5. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Just received an email from beIN that the Venezuela vs Paraguay match on Tuesday will be LIVE on the beIN Sports Xtra channel!!

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  6. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Classic Bein Sport move. I’m sure they have something really important on their channel at that time so they can shift this World Cup Qualifier to Xtra so all the fans in North Utica, Ny can watch in on rabbit ears.

I wish Bein would go under or the heads of Bein in the middle east would just take this clown show over and air the programming from there. Such a joke as always.

Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  7. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Watch it for free online on Pluto TV.

8. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I subscribe to the basic and Brazil packages. Can you let us know what they say regarding the months free?

9. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wrote them on Twitter. I told them I had an annual that expires on 6/10/21 and I wanted to know if that will be extended to 9/10/21. They asked for my email and said that they would get back to me. I'll let you know.

10. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks man

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If they have good costumer service they should award existing costumers with three months free who ask for it.

12. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    FiteTV is going to go in the dictionary as the example for the “losing your shirt” entry.

Probably going to lose their asses with this deal as well.

Get the liquidation lawyers prepared.

13. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Looks like they just fund the US version and are hands off.

It’s amazing how super organized the Middle East version of this is.

14. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I get that but from a Bein perspective (if they’re capable of such a thing) isn’t that foolish when they have no other live sport to show?

15. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I’ve seen both the Middle East and French BeIn Sports and the’re incredible. The US version reeks of someone buying goltv and letting it rot to complete uselessness.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe it is in their contract deal that the only games they can show on BeIN are the 2nd day delayed replays or something.

17. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Just got an e-mail from Sling TV that you can buy the PPV on Sling too. $29.99 per game. The e-mail has an Integrated Sports Marketing poster.

18. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    They were advertising it during the La Liga games this past weekend with those in-game graphics. I was kind of surprised that they put it on the Xtra channel, especially because that channel is only in English, right?

19. holacomoestasamigo

Jun 25, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Why is beinsports such an interesting sports channel in France and Arabic speaking nations yet in the U.S. this same sports channel is very mediocre?

Beinsports kind of reminds me of goltv... I remember when goltv first appeared in the U.S. and they would show lots of football games on live and they would also show friendlies involving south American teams on live... but as years went by, goltv became trash.... well, same thing with beinsports... first they pretended to be a nice sports channel but then they became trash.

I hope nobody wastes their money buying those games on ppv.

20. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    beINSports/Australia as well as Spain also seem very professional. As for GolTV, I believe I read somewhere that beINSports either took over the Miami studios of GOLTV or took over their production staff. Expalins things..

SA

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    A lot of it is cultural IMO. We can talk about money and the fact that soccer isn't a mainstream sport in the U.S., but if you watch pre- and post-match shows of MLB or NFL its the same mickey-mouse crap! Or the morning shows on major U.S. networks for that matter, to take an example outside the sports realm. Everything essentially looks a lot like Bleacher Report's dragged-out one hour CL pre-match shows. Very little substance. Mostly just a group of grown man and a token attractive woman goofing around.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Anywho, what's this USL soccer YouTube channel? On my Fotmob app it says that they are showing the tonight's matches.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That has to be an error.

24. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree but to what degree of this is not knowing your audience? Most people who watch soccer in this country are either not born in this country or have seen broadcasts from other countries so the level of expectation are different than say a fan of baseball. I have only lived in the US my whole life but I’ve seen sky sports, canal + in france, bein sport in the middle east, hell I used to subscribe to Setanta which was based out of london/ireland.

There have to be enough football people who have since moved to the US since retiring from playing or coaching. Look at espnfc, mostly intelligent takes on the sport. The people are there. Sadly most networks will keep drudging up former USMNT players who played in Bundesliga.2 for a couple of seasons. It’s a joke.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not to be a stickler here but we have a bein sports thread that people use to bash bein sports.
    Can this thread be about South American qualifiers please?

Thanks.