2022 CONCACAF W Championship (WCQ)

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lil_one, Apr 19, 2022.

1. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And I hope the opposite becomes true.
    I enjoyed some of the Men's Club World Cup but I found most of the matches tedious and poor. Club teams are overtaxed with all the competitions and including a Club World Cup is just too much.

I also do not see it being of much use to the teams involved as the extra games simply make injuries more likely reducing player availability for important matches.

But I really doubt it will happen on the women's side and I believe that the movement in men's soccer to drop the Club World Cup will gain momentum and could even succeed within a few years.

I also do not want the NWSL to expand any further for several years. The talent pool is too small to support more teams if we want the play to be good. Even now well over half the NWSL games are nearly unwatchable due to poor play and bad or stupid passes. That problem is not solved by adding more teams.

In soccer I prefer quality to quantity.

2. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Angel City did not play their starters until very late in the game. That is when they scored. AC played players who have barely seen the pitch this year in NWSL games, That said, I have no idea if Tigers played their top players.

jnielsen repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    next week should be darn close to it as both Portland & Louisville are hosting tournaments of some of the strongest clubs from around the world
    Portland; Chelsea, Lyon. Monterrey, Thorns

Louisville; ???? eight clubs, just can’t find info on who, and another problem can’t find where to watch either as it seems YouTube not showing freebie live streams as of late

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just to update, the Louisville tournement has already started. Mexico City's,Club America did pretty well defeating last season/England's 5th best club, Tottenham Spurs(highlights below). AC Milan beat Tokyo Beleza 3-1. FC Monterey will be playing Portland this Wednesday(should be free on the youtube channel DAZN)